Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-27-2010, 02:19 PM   #1
5th_GEN_SS
Junkie

Drives: SIM 2SS/RS M6
Angry Any One Fed Up With their Dealers?

Is any one fed up with the local chevy dealers?

My problems started even before i ordered my car...

maybe it started with my age...
I was 21 looking for a new car considering a C6/Camaro, yes I was young but none the less still a customer. No one took me seriously. How rude.

I found this somewhat offensive...
Could I sure for Discrimination or something? lol

Anyway I finally found a great dealer...
two hours away..
ordered and got my SS..

But still I have problems..
If i need service or have ?'s
She doesnt always get back to me...and she is 2hrs away!!!

you would think any dealer in the area would be willing to accomidate me.. not the case
AT ALL!!

I still get laughed @ until they see my car in the lot.
and even then.. some are still no help..

I went to a specific dealer 5 miles from my house.. multiple times
with ?'s about the oil change... and service help kind of thing..
every time has blown me off..

this is an actual letter i wrote them when i got home cuz I was soo pissed off lol

Dear XXXXXXX Chevrolet,

I hope that this email may find its way to Mr. Bigelow. He is certainly busy but being a respectable business man, I wish he could spare the time... so that I may share my experiences Ive had visiting his dealership. I have visited several times and found most of the car salesmen very helpful and polite. However I have also had many negative experiences, which is why I chose to send this email. Most of these bad experiences have been with the customer service. With their service I find it ironic that they could call themselves that. Any time I have delt with them, they have been nothing but rude... and for lack of a better term assholes. Yes I do have a Chevy, in addition to three other personal vehicles... despite your dealer being the closest to my residence... none were purchased there. For that reason. I just feel that since your business does revolve around customer service maybe something may be done to resolve and correct just that, the customer service.

Thank you for your time.

and if there are any dealers in the area reading this
that actually give a F#@$#@ about their customers
PM me please...
btw Serp of Tallamage seems cool, i have spoke with Nick.
Only good dealer in Ohio?

For the local dealers I am also in need of an estimate...

install for the following parts.. already painted just need install.

1) pass. side rocker
2) front GM ground effects
3) Molded Splash Guards
4) heritage grille

THANKS!!
Old 03-27-2010, 02:25 PM   #2
Soundwave

Drives: Camaro SS(2)/RS
Well first of all, not much of your post makes sense except for the title.

Dealers are all dumb shits. As soon as they sell you the car they could care less about anything else that comes out of your mouth. Being 21 should have nothing to do with how you are getting treated. It's either how you are allowing them to treat you, or it's just how they treat everyone. I'm 25 and I'm demanding and have gotten everything I've wanted from the get go. You have to be pushy and rude with most dealers because of the nature of the best. Their sales are their pay checks and right now it's a rough business.

As far as installs go, that's what your forums are for, especially for the basic things you are looking to do. All of that body kit work is stuff anyone can do in their garage. Just use the search here and even google "heritage grill install" and a lot of C5 forums come up as your first options. You'll be a lot less frustrated having to not rely on dealers for anything.

Good luck dude.
Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 02:27 PM   #3
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th_GEN_SS View Post
this is an actual letter i wrote them when i got home cuz I was soo pissed off lol

Dear XXXXXXX Chevrolet,

I hope that this email may find its way to Mr. Bigelow.
I lol'd....

BTW, I'm not sure how Mr. Bigelow will respond if you use the word ahole in your letter.... just sayin.

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 02:29 PM   #4
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
Dealers are all dumb shits. As soon as they sell you the car they could care less about anything else that comes out of your mouth.
Wow.

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 02:33 PM   #5
Soundwave

Drives: Camaro SS(2)/RS
Quote:
Wow.
If you lived in New Mexico, you would agree with it 100%. Dealers here are garbage. My Chevrolet dealer was the best service we've had anywhere, but still only sub par.
Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 02:34 PM   #6
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I am! Fed up with them not givin me a free car!

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 02:38 PM   #7
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th_GEN_SS View Post

Dear XXXXXXX Chevrolet,

I hope that this email may find its way to Mr. Bigelow.

Way to keep it on the DL

But seriously, that's not cool. Hoping I don't run into similar problems when my day comes......

A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Old 03-27-2010, 03:00 PM   #8
hot_rod

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
I am! Fed up with them not givin me a free car!
What, You didn't get yours? Everyone else did!

Man I'm sorry, no wonder your mad.
hot_rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 03:01 PM   #9
firefighterEMT33

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
I'm with you on this one! VERY VERY fed up with my local dealers.

Buying my current Camaro was nothing shy of a nightmare. We have 3 local dealers here in Myrtle Beach and the first two were horrible. The third dealer was a lot better and got me into something almost identical to what I was looking for, and for a good price. I still had to play games with them, and got the usual run around as well, but overall it was pretty good.

I decided to upgrade to an SS and went back to the dealer who sold me my 2LT. I don't know what happened in the 3 months since I bought my 2LT but these guys have gone waaaay down hill. Didn't return my phone calls, I had to drive there to talk to somebody on several occasions. One day I decided to order, placed it on 2/25 and didn't get entered in until 3/4. All the while they assured me my order was in and just waiting for GM to pick it up. My order sat at 1100 for almost 3 weeks although they promised me they had several allocations. They claimed it was because GM is "selective about these Camaro orders." I was told it would go into 2000 status on Tuesday and not cancel as it was Monday. I canceled with them but they didn't until Thursday and in the meantime, the update I got showed it was still at 1100.

I canceled my order there and moved on to a huge volume dealer in Charlotte. They changed an existing order to my specs and I'll get it about the same time I was originally supposed to before I got delayed 3-4 weeks waiting for my order entry and 1100 delay.

So yeah, after that long diatribe, I DEFINITELY feel your pain.

1100 Order accepted at dealer: 3/15/2010 - NVTZ1X
3300 Scheduled For Production: 3/17/2010 TPW 4/5/2010
3800 Produced: 4/7/2010 2G1FT1EW3A9208281
5000 Delivered To The Dealer: 4/21/2010
6000 Delivered To Customer: 4/23/2010
firefighterEMT33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 03:03 PM   #10
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_rod View Post
What, You didn't get yours? Everyone else did!

Man I'm sorry, no wonder your mad.

Wrong place, wrong time I guess! Damn my addiction to Camaro5, I never leave the computer anymore!

Old 03-27-2010, 03:12 PM   #11
~Stacy~
Banned

Drives: Car
Dealer

Sorry about your issues. My dealership is still awesome! I bought the catback exhaust thru gmpartsdirect.com it came shipped to my house. I got off of work threw it in my backseat and they installed it the same day for me. This Tuesday my sub package is arriving. I called up Friday and I have a appointment in the late afternoon when I get off work. I'm scared because I don't think they ever installed a sub package before but I have no problems just as long as its a gm acessory part
~Stacy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 03:16 PM   #12
zerox

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Bumblebee
Simply put, you didn't buy it from them, so they don't give a crap about you. Not trying to sound rude or anything, that's just the type of people they are. They don't wanna waste thier time with you since you didn't buy through them. Guy who owns an AC dealer here said if a person didn't buy from them, he wouldn't give two shits about them and they would be the last on his list for service.....
Old 03-27-2010, 03:24 PM   #13
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
you should send a very nice, polite and clear one to GM consumer relations , but on this one you gotta name names and if more of us do this kind of things they will wet their pants !
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 03:25 PM   #14
5th_GEN_SS
Junkie

Drives: SIM 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
As soon as they sell you the car they could care less about anything else that comes out of your mouth. Being 21 should have nothing to do with how you are getting treated. .
i agree with the 1st part....

my dealer was really nice and conserned before i paid for the car.... after that she cant even return my calls.

i still think the age may have something to do with it...
they veiw me as a kid and dont take me seriously.

i have been told to come back with my parents.. they wouldnt even let me test drive a car... another sales person striaght up told me that i couldnt afford the insurance...

that has nothing to do with my age?