Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-23-2015, 10:45 AM   #15
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRISSIS View Post
My guess, he walked into the dealer and said I want a black car. The dealer said ok here are a few. The guy says to his wife which one do you like. The wife says the one with those pretty red thingies behind those roundish black wheel things on that one over there are pretty. SOLD - they pay $1,000 over MSRP and a track monster is immediately put out into the field to stud...
Fixed it for ya...
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 10:58 AM   #16
The Patriot

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS VERT
I have black wheels and red calipers....yeah it's a 1LE! :/

"Today I didn't even have to use my AK, I got ta' say it was a good day"
The Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 11:13 AM   #17
CRISSIS

Drives: '14 ZL1 'Vert - Black, #742
It would be really funny if the guy was just trying to blow me off and didn't feel like talking cars so he played dumb... Although that's a tactic that could easily backfire as I'm sure there are more then a few folks on this site that would have promptly sat this guy down and explained exactly what it was that he was driving to work everyday.
CRISSIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 12:39 PM   #18
CruisingSpeed
The Stealth Bumblebee

Drives: Black 2013 2LS
Aren't there salesmen at the dealership who talk all hype about the car to get you to really, really want it? Then you really know what kind of beast it is and then get all obsessed and whatnot with it. Then start modding it even more. Better be careful, he may be the next 1LE on here in about a month! Reminds me of someone I know with an IS. Me not even seeing the car yet, "Nice so is it an F-sport?"
"What do you mean?"
Me again, "It's the top of the line. It's um a little quicker." Being sarcastic.
"I guess so, it's pretty quick."

Lol

It's like saying, oh yeah it's called an Aventador or something. I don't know I just bought it cause it sounds cool!
Old 05-23-2015, 12:57 PM   #19
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Vaguely related... a few years ago, I had a friend. She was real pretty, but I guess it was her sister who got the brains.

Peggy got a Karmann Ghia... after she'd had it about six months, she told me that she LOVED that car, but was really going nuts trying to figure out where to put the water.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 02:31 PM   #20
Chevy_cowboy

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS M6 Convertible
I realize some people go through their entire life not knowing or caring anything about their cars like that, but some of those folks start out that way and become enthusiasts. I didn't know a heck of a lot about Camaros when I bought the first one.
Old 05-23-2015, 02:45 PM   #21
CRISSIS

Drives: '14 ZL1 'Vert - Black, #742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_cowboy View Post
I realize some people go through their entire life not knowing or caring anything about their cars like that, but some of those folks start out that way and become enthusiasts. I didn't know a heck of a lot about Camaros when I bought the first one.
I completely agree and I don't want to come off as bashing the guy. It just struck me as ironic that some people who didn't have an opportunity to order a car literally spend months scouring the internet to find the exact car this guy had - but to him it really was nothing more then the best looking car in the bunch. Perhaps after our meeting he went home and did a little research, scheduled a track day, and is on the road to a new obsession. His checkbook will forever hate the guy who informed him that he didn't have just any old Camaro!
CRISSIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 04:32 PM   #22
jimmie

Drives: 2011 BMW 328i / 2016 Colorado
"The whole conversation made me chuckle at the level to which I obsess over these cars while realizing that the vast majority of 500,000 or so folks who bought one were just buying a good looking car that they found on the lot..."

Yeah it seems unfathomable to think an owner of a Camaro would not have the knowledge or interest to be concerned with every detail of his/her chosen mode of transportation!...WTF? Really? No way!, Come on now!, Are you serious?

But hey, that's okay. It's all good to know people in general, are drawn to this car just........just because.

Not every individual who purchases a Camaro has to be an enthusiast or have a fethish for the car.

Pretty cool though, don't you think?
jimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 05:37 PM   #23
BigRedViking

Drives: 1987 IROC-Z 5.7L 2016 1SS M6 NGM
Send a message via Yahoo to BigRedViking
Um... Muscle Car Memories quoted a member named Drew Peacock... I don't think that's a serious "member" name Funny story about the 1LE, when they announced production I marched to the dealer, and almost ordered one. They didn't even know what I was talking about. I saw a used one in front of the dealership last time I was there, and thought about playing dumb so I could get a deal on it. But I'm not a fan of yellow.
BigRedViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 10:13 PM   #24
SabotAndHeat

Drives: 2010 Camaro
There are two types of car drivers.

The first group (most of us on Camaro5) cares more about what happens between A to B than the destination itself.

The second group (the vast majority of drivers) only views their car as an appliance. But, some people like prettier refrigerators than others. The Camaro is the prettier refrigerator.
SabotAndHeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 10:08 PM   #25
Jrichards73

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Victory Red
They also drive with a phone in their face that I want to shove up their starfish hole.

Updates: BTR Stage 2 VVT Cam Kit w/Smith Brothers Trunnions, Fluidampr, RX catch can, B&M Trans pan mod, Kooks Black Headers, Borla S-tunes, Eibach Multi-Pro-R2 coilovers and Swaybars, BMR Full Bushing kit with Toe and Trailing arms, RB Rotors w/EBC Pads, GForce 1400 Axles (now on order). AVH-X5800BHS in Scosche GM5201AB.
Jrichards73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 10:16 PM   #26
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by racergirl View Post
That's usually how it goes. A solid 80% of people who buy a Camaro buy it because it looks cool.
That's just your opinion , or those #s came from some college kid that did it as work for his thesis , or something like that ?
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 06:54 AM   #27
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
I have a similar story. 2 years ago we are dealer with my second oldest daughter about to get a 2013 Malibu. I'm out side looking at a 2013 Malibu LTZ. A guys walks up to me and says I just bought that. I said cool!! How you like that turbo? The guys responds oh this doesn't have a turbo. I look at the wheels that only come on the 2LTZ and I say that's a turbo. He gets the sales guy and sales guys agrees with him that's it not a turbo!! I said to the guy look at the dealer sticker (at this dealer they don't stick it on the window, they laminate it) because if you don't want a turbo, no need to spend the extra money for one!! The guy seemed bothered so I let it go.. I saw the guy 15 minutes later and said you were right!! We are going to look at some other models!! The sales guy gave me the look of death!!!!!
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 08:51 AM   #28
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisingSpeed View Post
Aren't there salesmen at the dealership who talk all hype about the car to get you to really, really want it? Then you really know what kind of beast it is and then get all obsessed and whatnot with it. Then start modding it even more. Better be careful, he may be the next 1LE on here in about a month! Reminds me of someone I know with an IS. Me not even seeing the car yet, "Nice so is it an F-sport?"
"What do you mean?"
Me again, "It's the top of the line. It's um a little quicker." Being sarcastic.
"I guess so, it's pretty quick."

Lol

It's like saying, oh yeah it's called an Aventador or something. I don't know I just bought it cause it sounds cool!
Salesman sell. They are under no obligation to do anything else. If you want the car, who are they to tell you any additional information? They'll grab the paperwork and have you sign it.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote