Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 06-18-2013, 11:50 AM   #1
Fourthrail

Drives: 2013 2LT RS
Light Scratches in Hood ... Recommendations Please

I just noticed some light scratches in the hood of my Blue 2013 RS. Looks like someone put something down on it and dragged it off. Who knows where this happened ... and who would put something down on the hood of someone else's car ... I never park the car near anyone else when I have to leave it in parking lots. Friggin annoying. Anyway ...

Any good recommendations for getting the marring out. I definitely don't want to go abrasive on the hood of a brand new car if I dont have to. Its not deep (I can't catch it with my fingernail). I'm a big fan of Zaino products, and have used ZPC (applied with a rotary) on my wife's white oxidized 12 year old toyota truck with great success. Im afraid that might be too agressive for the metallic paint on the camaro.

Thanx in advance...

C...

Fourthrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:53 AM   #2
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
Just get a PC and some polish, cutting pads, and then buffing pads and you will be good to go! Plus, this will probably get moved to the cosmetic section where you will be better taken care of!
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:54 AM   #3
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
the only way to remove that or lighten it up is by using abrasive products. nothing else will remove it.
metallics are just like another other paint when polishing.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:04 PM   #4
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
For value and efficiency of just that area, you could try meguiars ultimate compound and polish by hand. Might take a few hours, but it would look great and most likely take all that out.

If you were by me we could knock that out in like 20 minutes with the Rupes

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:08 PM   #5
Fourthrail

Drives: 2013 2LT RS
Any other thoughts on the Zaino ZPC? Do I have to do the whole hood? If I don't do the whole hood, will I wind up with a dull spot in that section?
Fourthrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:13 PM   #6
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourthrail View Post
Any other thoughts on the Zaino ZPC? Do I have to do the whole hood? If I don't do the whole hood, will I wind up with a dull spot in that section?
Never used zpc, but if you compound and polish in a certain section as opposed to the whole hood (ie spot polishing) it should be fine.

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:23 PM   #7
rykeith

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT M6
Never used ZPC, but a mild or moderately abrasive polish used with a porter cable should buff that out. I have had similar scratches on my car and used porter cable with Adam's Fine Machine Polish and it buffed right out.