Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-13-2010, 08:39 AM   #1
Maa107
Someone give me a Camaro!

Drives: '09HHR
So if it takes 4-6 weeks to order my Camaro...

then can I order one 4-6 weeks before my birthday and sign for it then? I'm asking this because I'm 17, as some of you may know from my previous posts/threads, and I was thinking I could probably order it last week of July and sign for it and pick it up on my birthday August 25th. But of course with a co-signer and down payment. So what do you guys think? Or what if I give my down payment, which will be the trade-in of my current car, and then they'll order it...almost like collateral?
Old 03-13-2010, 09:19 AM   #2
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
It's going to depend on a few factors. The dealer's allocation, are any options on constraint, plant down weeks, production schedule...

I'd start planning about 3 months out. Start asking about schedules and allocations, then give yourself 1 - 2 weeks swag lead time plus that 4 - 6 weeks. 4 weeks is more for if you live really close to the plant. If the thing has to ship across country, could be in transit for a couple weeks. Shooting for an exact date is shakey at best, the more lead time the better.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:01 AM   #3
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Yea 4-6 weeks is only if you live in Canada next to the plant. In the US the normal time is 6-8 weeks from the time the order is pulled (status 2000) and can be 10-12 depending on if your car got pulled for quality control.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:03 AM   #4
mackvenom1

Drives: 2010 Mercedes-Benz C300 Sport 4M
Send a message via AIM to mackvenom1
My cars TPW was 3/15 and it just got randomly pushed out to 4/5. Gotta be prepared for any and all delays.
mackvenom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:17 AM   #5
Ranger40

Drives: Malibu, g6, camaro
I expect demand to ramp up in the spring/summer again. Not to the extent of year 1, but still quite a bit higher than the "snow" months. 10-12 weeks would be the target I expect.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with gm except through my cars, which is enough for me
Ranger40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 12:53 PM   #6
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS Manual Synergy Grn
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnaBear@SpartaChevy
The last Camaro that I ordered for someone was here 30 days from the day we placed the order.

It has not been taking 4-6 weeks unless your car has to be shipped via rail across the US.

Here in Michigan they get here much quicker by truck.

As far as your trade in, have the dealer appraise it before you order and put your money down so you know exactly what you're in for. You don't want any surprises when it comes time to pick up your new Camaro! Then, when your Camaro gets there you hand them your keys and the old car and drive off in the new one.
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 04:10 PM   #7
Maa107

uhmm not really answering my question guys but ok thanx
Old 03-13-2010, 04:22 PM   #8
espo19047

Drives: Impala
Send a message via AIM to espo19047
You can order it. You can have your car appraised and pre trade it if you like. You can give them a deposit. You can't get the financing and sign up for it until you have the vin.
espo19047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:34 PM   #9
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS Manual Synergy Grn
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnaBear@SpartaChevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maa107 View Post
uhmm not really answering my question guys but ok thanx
Restate your question...I thought I did answer it.
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:42 PM   #10
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
yea, I thought it was answered too...

If you want an exact time frame, let me get out my crystal ball... no one is going to know. My advise:

#1. Put your car up for sale now, it may sell then you dont have to dicker with a trade.
#2. Find a good dealer that is straight up with their allocation schedule.
#3. Place your order 8 weeks before your birthday WITH AND AGREEMENT IN WRITING from the dealer that they will hold it and let NO ONE drive it and you pick it up on your birthday. Sounds simple to me. If it comes a few weeks early, let it sit at the dealer. I am sure you will find one willing to do that.

You can't order and be sure its coming a certain date... too many factors.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:57 PM   #11
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Or you could save your money, go to college, get a good job, and then buy a Camaro.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 02:05 PM   #12
brAnd7onX

Drives: 2012 1SS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Or you could save your money, go to college, get a good job, and then buy a Camaro.
brAnd7onX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:20 AM   #13
Maa107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Seriously? this is why i hate people who assume shit on here or for a matter of fact on any forum. I know im 17 but do you know what i do? do u live with me? hell no! Im 17 have a job at a bank im going to college and still have money to go to college at a 4 year university....sorry if im coming off as a dick right now but c'mon at least ask before u start to assume things ok?
Old 03-15-2010, 08:24 AM   #14
Maa107

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
yea, I thought it was answered too...

If you want an exact time frame, let me get out my crystal ball... no one is going to know. My advise:

#1. Put your car up for sale now, it may sell then you dont have to dicker with a trade.
#2. Find a good dealer that is straight up with their allocation schedule.
#3. Place your order 8 weeks before your birthday WITH AND AGREEMENT IN WRITING from the dealer that they will hold it and let NO ONE drive it and you pick it up on your birthday. Sounds simple to me. If it comes a few weeks early, let it sit at the dealer. I am sure you will find one willing to do that.

You can't order and be sure its coming a certain date... too many factors.
Never asked that. All I asked was since im 17 and i cant sign for my camaro until im 18 can i order it still? and then sign for it when it gets here which hopefully be on or after my birthday...thanx for you kind input guys