Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...


That Camaro Parts Guy


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2018, 01:27 AM   #1429
BlaqWhole


 
BlaqWhole's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syphon23 View Post
You mean 11.2. And I agree ZL1 is a super car. But its just not as fast as a Z06. Thems the facts. And it hasnt matched the Z06.
Then WTF are you arguing with me?

And yes I mean 11.2. I'm drunk, replying to you, and making out with some random chick at the same time. Give me a break. It HAS matched the Z06. I just said that in testing the Z06 has done an 11.4 which the ZL1 has also done. In some testing, which you posted, the Z06 has gone faster. But that still does not take away from the fact that the ZL1 has matched the Z06. Has it not? Answer that. Has it not gone as fast as the Z06 in some tests? And will the A10 ZL1 beat an M7 Z06 or not? Is the Z06 a "Supercar"? Therefore the ZL1 offers Supercar level performance, and it CAN beat the Z06.
__________________
2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10 - Roto-Fab cai - Katech ported TB - MBRP Race catback - VTC!!

2017 Challenger Hellcat M6 - Legmaker CAI - MM ported TB - Sprint Booster!!

Saving the world...1 hp at a time!!

Last edited by BlaqWhole; 01-14-2018 at 06:26 AM.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 01:32 AM   #1430
Syphon23
 
Syphon23's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Corvette
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Then WTF are you arguing with me?

And yes I mean 12.2. I'm drunk, replying to you, and making out with some random chick at the same time. Give me a break. It HAS matched the Z06. I just said that in testing the Z06 has done an 11.4 which the ZL1 has also done. In some testing, which you posted, the Z06 has gone faster. But that still does not take away from the fact that the ZL1 has matched the Z06. Has it not? Answer that. Has it not gone as fast as the Z06 in some tests? And will the A10 ZL1 beat an M7 Z06 or not? Is the Z06 a "Supercar"? Therefore the ZL1 offers Supercar level performance, and it CAN beat the Z06.
Bold is where you are wrong.

And how has it "Matched" it when ZL1 does 11.4 and the Z06 does 11.1/11.2??
Syphon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 01:32 AM   #1431
BlaqWhole


 
BlaqWhole's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syphon23 View Post
You mean 11.2. And I agree ZL1 is a super car. But its just not as fast as a Z06. Thems the facts. And it hasnt matched the Z06.
The ZL1 1LE WILL beat the Z06 on a track. The standard ZL1 with A10 trans WILL beat a M7 equipped Z06. The standard ZL1 with A10 trans CAN beat a Viper. The ZL1 1LE CAN and WILL match a Viper on a track. That is Supercar level performance. Whether it can beat the fastest, most expensive Supercar on the planet or not does not take away from the fact that it is on the same level as a Supercar. No car that is NOT a Supercar can beat it stock for stock in ANY performance category at all. The only cars capable of beating a ZL1 or ZL1 1LE stock for stock are Supercars and some of them actually can't beat them. That makes it Supercar level performance. That is the simplest explanation I can give to the intellectually deficient.
__________________
2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10 - Roto-Fab cai - Katech ported TB - MBRP Race catback - VTC!!

2017 Challenger Hellcat M6 - Legmaker CAI - MM ported TB - Sprint Booster!!

Saving the world...1 hp at a time!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 01:33 AM   #1432
BlaqWhole


 
BlaqWhole's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syphon23 View Post
This is where you are wrong.
I am not wrong. At all. A10 to M7 and the ZL1 WILL win. Equal drivers stock cars yada yada...
__________________
2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10 - Roto-Fab cai - Katech ported TB - MBRP Race catback - VTC!!

2017 Challenger Hellcat M6 - Legmaker CAI - MM ported TB - Sprint Booster!!

Saving the world...1 hp at a time!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 01:36 AM   #1433
Syphon23
 
Syphon23's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Corvette
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I am not wrong. At all. A10 to M7 and the ZL1 WILL win. Equal drivers stock cars yada yada...
Why are you comparing Auto vs Manual? Just to fit youre argument?
Syphon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 01:37 AM   #1434
Syphon23
 
Syphon23's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Corvette
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
The ZL1 1LE WILL beat the Z06 on a track..
Not at the Laguna Seca lap times. You keep losing! Just stop!
Syphon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 01:39 AM   #1435
Syphon23
 
Syphon23's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Corvette
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
The ZL1 1LE CAN and WILL match a Viper on a track. .
The Viper ACR will dominate a ZL1 1le on the track. Just stop bro.
Syphon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 01:39 AM   #1436
BlaqWhole


 
BlaqWhole's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syphon23 View Post
Why are you comparing Auto vs Manual? Just to fit youre argument?
Because the M7 Z06 is still a Supercar and the A10 ZL1 will beat it. The M6 ZL1 has also matched it. And the ZL1 1LE is M6 yet it will beat the Z06 on a track. So no, it isn't to suit my argument. It confirms my argument. Now if you'll excuse me...I have a drink to finish, a tab to settle, a woman to please, and it's gonna be a long night. Reply to my comments with something that makes sense. I'll be back later.
__________________
2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10 - Roto-Fab cai - Katech ported TB - MBRP Race catback - VTC!!

2017 Challenger Hellcat M6 - Legmaker CAI - MM ported TB - Sprint Booster!!

Saving the world...1 hp at a time!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 01:43 AM   #1437
Syphon23
 
Syphon23's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Corvette
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Because the M7 Z06 is still a Supercar and the A10 ZL1 will beat it. The M6 ZL1 has also matched it. And the ZL1 1LE is M6 yet it will beat the Z06 on a track. So no, it isn't to suit my argument. It confirms my argument. Now if you'll excuse me...I have a drink to finish, a tab to settle, a woman to please, and it's gonna be a long night. Reply to my comments with something that makes sense. I'll be back later.
According to Car and Drivers lightning lap the Z06 still beats the ZL1 1LE:

https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...p-2015-feature

https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...p-2017-feature

Try again!
Syphon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 06:51 AM   #1438
BlaqWhole


 
BlaqWhole's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syphon23 View Post
Try again!
I spelled it out for you already. I'm not going to keep arguing with you and every troll that decides to come over here picking a fight over the same things. You can believe whatever you wanna believe man.
__________________
2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10 - Roto-Fab cai - Katech ported TB - MBRP Race catback - VTC!!

2017 Challenger Hellcat M6 - Legmaker CAI - MM ported TB - Sprint Booster!!

Saving the world...1 hp at a time!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:32 AM   #1439
SSfriendly
 
Drives: Looking
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Upstate SC
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
The Viper is a Supercar. The Viper doesn't demolish the ZL1. The ZL1 hangs right with it and/or beats it.

The Z06 is a Supercar. The Z06 doesn't demolish the ZL1. The ZL1 hangs right with it despite being heavier.

It beat some of the Supercars in the video you posted.

Your statements are idiotic because there are lots of cars that ARE Supercars yet they can't beat the McLaren 750GT either. Does that mean they are not actually Supercars? So if you took all the Supercars and raced them, would the slowest one not be a Supercar simply because it can't beat the others? Your argument makes no sense. It has performed many times on the level of Supercars. Maybe not the absolute best and fastest Supercar on the planet that costs half a million dollars. But it performs on the level of cars that are included in that group. Get it? As much as you hate that we have cars on that level it is still true. I bet your friends at M6G would even agree. You can't agree because you're sore about the GT getting beaten down and all of us laughing at your ass for all the premature bragging you did.
You continue to look at one performance aspect (the track) and ignore all other aspects that are more prevalent (0-60, 1/4 mile and mph and top speed).

Every current super-car demolishes the ZL1 1LE in those aspects (0-60, 1/4 mile and mph and top speed).

Does it turn a great track time? Absolutely, but it does so at the complete sacrifice of ride quality. I truly pity those that picked the 1LE up with any intent of regular driving.

Here is a question you will be sure to completely ignore. If a miata is able to lap an autocross track faster than a supercar....does it mean it performs at "super car levels"?
SSfriendly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:38 AM   #1440
motorhead


 
Drives: POS MOPAR
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Overlook hotel
Posts: 10,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSfriendly View Post
You continue to look at one performance aspect (the track) and ignore all other aspects that are more prevalent (0-60, 1/4 mile and mph and top speed).

Every current super-car demolishes the ZL1 1LE in those aspects (0-60, 1/4 mile and mph and top speed).

Does it turn a great track time? Absolutely, but it does so at the complete sacrifice of ride quality. I truly pity those that picked the 1LE up with any intent of regular driving.

Here is a question you will be sure to completely ignore. If a miata is able to lap an autocross track faster than a supercar....does it mean it performs at "super car levels"?
And what about motorcycles? Some of them can outrun supercars. Does that make them supercars? Lol
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:45 AM   #1441
SSfriendly
 
Drives: Looking
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Upstate SC
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
And what about motorcycles? Some of them can outrun supercars. Does that make them supercars? Lol


Because a motorcycle has 4 wheels and is a car in what world?

#Superbike
SSfriendly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:53 AM   #1442
Koldunic
 
Drives: 2016 Mustang GT PP Black/Black
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Canada
Posts: 16
What is the definition of a supercar?
Linear acceleration only? I ask humbly because I really don’t know.
Koldunic is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.