Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-30-2019, 04:33 PM   #1
OaklandSS

Drives: 2016 SS Blue Velvet
2016 SS Aftermarket Clutch Master Cylinder? No OEM parts due to strike

Long story short, I was driving from LA to the Bay when the clutch suddenly lost pressure and stuck to the floor. I had the car towed to a Chevy Dealership in Bakersfield, and they told me the clutch master cylinder needs to be replaced.

Unfortunately, this was during the GM strike, and no part was available. I talked to the dealership two days ago, and they said there's still no ETA on getting the part, even though the strike has ended.

Anyone have any idea on how long it's going to take to get OEM parts again for repairs? Are there aftermarket alternatives? I'm borrowing a car from my family but not having my own car is making life super difficult, that car is my daily driver.

Thanks in advance for any help
OaklandSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 08:45 PM   #2
Dubchitts

Drives: '17 Red hot 2ss, 16 Focus RS
If there is I'd say your best bet is to ask a big shop like Texas speed or GPI

Afe Air Filter//BMR MM010 Motor Mounts, Safety Loop//Custom OTR Intake//Flex Fuel Kit//Gforce 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft//GM 95mm TB//Katech Oil Pump, Piston Squirters//Kooks 1-7/8 LT//LT4 Fueling//Mighty Mouse Wild//Monster Clutch LT1-S Triple Disc//MSD 2-Step//Pray Performance Custom Spec Cam, Ported Holley Hi-Ram//Sikky 12" Shifter w OEM Knob Mod//Tick Level 1 Tr6060//Labor by Me//Tune By Pray Performance
Dubchitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 05:41 PM   #3
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by OaklandSS View Post
Long story short, I was driving from LA to the Bay when the clutch suddenly lost pressure and stuck to the floor. I had the car towed to a Chevy Dealership in Bakersfield, and they told me the clutch master cylinder needs to be replaced.

Unfortunately, this was during the GM strike, and no part was available. I talked to the dealership two days ago, and they said there's still no ETA on getting the part, even though the strike has ended.

Anyone have any idea on how long it's going to take to get OEM parts again for repairs? Are there aftermarket alternatives? I'm borrowing a car from my family but not having my own car is making life super difficult, that car is my daily driver.

Thanks in advance for any help
I would call around to other dealerships. I need a new clutch and I called my dealer for pricing on the Master Cylinder, Slave, Flywheel, Pressure Plate etc..they seem to have it all in stock.
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 01:59 PM   #4
OaklandSS

Drives: 2016 SS Blue Velvet
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
I would call around to other dealerships. I need a new clutch and I called my dealer for pricing on the Master Cylinder, Slave, Flywheel, Pressure Plate etc..they seem to have it all in stock.

Thanks for this - two phone calls and I found a dealership here who has one in stock. Hate to be the squeaky wheel on stuff but now I've decided to go straight to the service manager to get the place where my car is to requisition that part and get it down there so my car gets fixed. Guess you've gotta be your own advocate on stuff like this.
OaklandSS is offline   Reply With Quote