#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-18-2018, 04:04 PM   #57
Boost or bust

Drives: 2018 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEAPON-X View Post
Sorry guys, the delay has nothing to do with the kit functionality as we have a half dozen running around. The delay was on the tooling and once that was in, the Haas was tied up running other parts for a couple of weeks as we have sold a TON of custom valve covers lately as well as our Secondary Port Injection kits, so it's just a lack of time with my engineer and equip.

Trust me, you know when I don't even have time to play on here that we're slammed and I miss it, but I had to spend a lot of R&D time with my C7 ZR1 and making 800whp now on that got me into the 9s first! It should've been deeper into the 9s but it was running hot and we figured out why after and now it's cool as a cucumber, so I'm eager to get it back to the track again, but my ZL1 didn't even make it to Camaro Fest as a result of everything going on, but all good things!

We did just this with Storm's LT 427 C7, F1X, G1Pro (you're cutting your hood lol), and our chiller = 1275whp on our Mustang dyno... and then came the 200 shot next

- F1X Blower outlet temp at 25psi was nearly 300*
- IATs post manifold were in the 90*s at the top of a pull on the dyno and even cooler with air movement on the street ripping through 4 gears!
- Chilled water in the low 40*s (sheet metal manifold should've been ceramic coated so it picked up a lot of heat vs my ZL1 chiller in the low 30*s)
- Getting rid of terrible Air to Air IC reduced the pressure drop from 8psi to just 1, so we were able to slow the blower down and make gobs more power.

Checkout that condensation

This is the 25psi boost only hit now vs. the air to air 21psi + 200 nitrous hit before:

So, bear with me till the end of the month and Intimidator's kit will be on in all it's "plug and play" glory and the world of chillers will be revolutionized
Sweet! What is your target price for the plug n play kit?
Boost or bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 08:42 PM   #58
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Sorry guys, the delay has nothing to do with the kit functionality as we have a half dozen running around. The delay was on the tooling and once that was in, the Haas was tied up running other parts for a couple of weeks as we have sold a TON of custom valve covers lately as well as our Secondary Port Injection kits, so it's just a lack of time with my engineer and equip.

Trust me, you know when I don't even have time to play on here that we're slammed and I miss it, but I had to spend a lot of R&D time with my C7 ZR1 and making 800whp now on that got me into the 9s first! It should've been deeper into the 9s but it was running hot and we figured out why after and now it's cool as a cucumber, so I'm eager to get it back to the track again, but my ZL1 didn't even make it to Camaro Fest as a result of everything going on, but all good things!

We did just this with Storm's LT 427 C7, F1X, G1Pro (you're cutting your hood lol), and our chiller = 1275whp on our Mustang dyno... and then came the 200 shot next

- F1X Blower outlet temp at 25psi was nearly 300*
- IATs post manifold were in the 90*s at the top of a pull on the dyno and even cooler with air movement on the street ripping through 4 gears!
- Chilled water in the low 40*s (sheet metal manifold should've been ceramic coated so it picked up a lot of heat vs my ZL1 chiller in the low 30*s)
- Getting rid of terrible Air to Air IC reduced the pressure drop from 8psi to just 1, so we were able to slow the blower down and make gobs more power.

Checkout that condensation

This is the 25psi boost only hit now vs. the air to air 21psi + 200 nitrous hit before:

So, bear with me till the end of the month and Intimidator's kit will be on in all it's "plug and play" glory and the world of chillers will be revolutionized

So, I'm assuming this won't work with a Pro Charger set up then right?
Old 08-24-2018, 07:55 PM   #59
WEAPON-X

Drives: ZL1 ATS-V CTS-V C7Z Range Sport SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost or bust View Post
Sweet! What is your target price for the plug n play kit?
We're planning to open up the group buy at 20% off for the first 10 kits! I think this will start 9/4 at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
So, I'm assuming this won't work with a Pro Charger set up then right?
That was a Procharger in the pic up there, but you have to get rid of the air to air intercooler and go air to water. I still need to find time to write that up, but on the C7 air to air cooler, we were spinning the blower nearly 76K RPMs making 21 PSI into the LT 427 and there was a 8 PSI pressure drop through the intercooler, meaning the . We slowed the blower down to 70K blower RPMs, making 25 PSI and nearly 200 WHP more!

Last edited by WEAPON-X; 09-01-2018 at 08:18 PM.
WEAPON-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 07:56 PM   #60
WEAPON-X

Who can tell me what this is?

Old 08-24-2018, 08:04 PM   #61
djfury05

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Its the intake manifold temps.
djfury05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 08:08 PM   #62
djfury05

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
I'd need to see the results on a stock LT4 ZL1 blower before I'd be interested first. Is that in the works?
djfury05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 10:34 PM   #63
LiqTenExp

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Two different points on the intake manifold that should be measured at the same point for temperature comparison

I would have forced the scale on it (not sure if your device is capable) so the color scale based on min/max temp is equivalent, would make a more stunning photo
Old 08-24-2018, 10:43 PM   #64
WEAPON-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfury05 View Post
I'd need to see the results on a stock LT4 ZL1 blower before I'd be interested first. Is that in the works?
First production unit is going on Intimidator's car this week, so you will have your results and will have our X850 package which is everything but cam/heads!

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=536113

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiqTenExp View Post
Two different points on the intake manifold that should be measured at the same point for temperature comparison

I would have forced the scale on it (not sure if your device is capable) so the color scale is equivalent, would make a more stunning photo
Not exactly the point but I agree with you with what you're referring to.
Those pictures were taken seconds apart of a Whipple supercharger and I'm showing you how much cooler the coolant crossover tube on the front of the unit is than the rest of the entire unit. This was after back to back pulls and the crossover tube is aluminum and obviously picking up heat from conduction and convection and it is STILL 46* colder than the rest of the supercharger! Think about how cold the fluid would need to be inside of this in order to combat supercharger temps and the Whipple got even hotter afterwards as the internal heat bled through the housing, but the cross over tube just kept getting colder.
Old 08-24-2018, 10:44 PM   #65
LiqTenExp

Drives: 2017 ZL1
I understand but the engineer in me says "you done wrong"
Old 08-24-2018, 11:15 PM   #66
WEAPON-X

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiqTenExp View Post
I understand but the engineer in me says "you done wrong"
- Waterboy LOL

Well then the engineer in me says the engineer in you will get a kick out of seeing our rig running

Old 08-25-2018, 12:00 AM   #67
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
Old 08-26-2018, 10:30 AM   #68
cann1x

Drives: 17 black 6m < 18 garnett a10
Being a hvac technician here in arizona, I'm curious to see cabin temps between a stock car and one with a chiller here in arizona when we have a 120 degree ambient. The idea is great if you live in the midwest. Maybe heat up the dyno room and post some data between the two.
cann1x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 11:41 AM   #69
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by cann1x View Post
Being a hvac technician here in arizona, I'm curious to see cabin temps between a stock car and one with a chiller here in arizona when we have a 120 degree ambient. The idea is great if you live in the midwest. Maybe heat up the dyno room and post some data between the two.
You’re the perfect test candidate!

So buy one and tell us how well it works!!
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 05:33 PM   #70
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
It's looking like $2499 MSRP; however, we're planning to open up the group buy at 20% off for the first 10 kits! I think this will start 9/4 at the moment.

That was a Procharger in the pic up there, but you have to get rid of the air to air intercooler and go air to water. I still need to find time to write that up, but on the C7 air to air cooler, we were spinning the blower nearly 76K RPMs making 21 PSI into the LT 427 and there was a 8 PSI pressure drop through the intercooler, meaning the . We slowed the blower down to 70K blower RPMs, making 25 PSI and nearly 200 WHP more!

Thanks for replying. Tough choices. For now, I'll need that $2500 to go towards my 427 build.

Tags
chiller, cooling, heat exchanger, hex, pulley