Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-26-2015, 06:31 PM   #1
Turranv6

Drives: Black 2015 Camaro 2LS
CAI ?...

I am new here and not sure I have the right part of the forums. But here is my question. I just purchased my 1st camaro. [It was a gift from my wife.] It is a 2015 v6. I wanted to know will I notice a boost in power by adding a CAI or will it not be noticeable? I wanted to here from some people who done it. Also on a side note is an Injen or K&N what most people prefer. Love to hear some feed back.

Thanks,
Turranv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 06:41 PM   #2
v6maro

Drives: 2014 camaro
You'll notice a little deeper huming noise coming from under your hood. And it really depends on how much you've driven your car and gotten use to it stock. You may notice a little difference. But if you haven't had it to long and haven't driven it a whole bunch, you might not really notice anything. That's just my opinion. And as far as what brand. Get a rotofab. It comes with an amazing air box and keeps a lot of hot air off of the filter. I decided to build my intake and own box. I went with a 4" pipe instead of the 3" pipe. Now that's a noticeable difference!! Hope I can help !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
v6maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 06:43 PM   #3
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
The better CAI systems will gain somewhere in the 10-15 rwhp range. You can bump that up some more with the addition of an intake scoop. You will definitely hear a difference and may feel a little bit of a difference in the seat of your pants but don't expect it to be a game changer. Cold Air Inductions Inc (CAI Inc) and Roto-Fab are the two most often used because they have proven to be the top performers.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 06:46 PM   #4
v6maro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Motorsports View Post
The better CAI systems will gain somewhere in the 10-15 rwhp range. You can bump that up some more with the addition of an intake scoop. You will definitely hear a difference and may feel a little bit of a difference in the seat of your pants but don't expect it to be a game changer. Cold Air Inductions Inc (CAI Inc) and Roto-Fab are the two most often used because they have proven to be the top performers.
Aren't you guys coming out with an intake system ?

Old 08-26-2015, 07:15 PM   #5
v6maro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay Collins View Post
Definitely go Roto-Fab or Cold Air Inductions. They're bolt built great, have some customization options and keep the most engine heat from entering the filter. I have the Roto-Fab and it's fantastic. It makes the car deeper and louder and it'll add a little more scoot. I've had Cold Air Inductions on a previous car and it was fantastic as well, closed and insulated box.

This is my Roto-Fab. I went with the plain options because it looks more raw.
I like that tower brace ! That's my next investment. Can you tell any difference in turning or stiffness with it ??

Old 08-26-2015, 07:28 PM   #6
v6maro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay Collins View Post
It's the BMR brace in black hammertone. I can't tell any difference with it but all of my racing is done in a straight line. I think it's more of a placebo/visual piece, which it does look awesome so that alone makes me happy. It was only like $130 and it literally took less than five minutes to install.
Yeah I know the feeling ! Well thanks for the advice man

Old 08-26-2015, 07:43 PM   #7
dmginc

Drives: In Circles
the strut tower brace helps a lot when turning at high speed, driving on track or back country roads you can feel a difference. driving around the city you wouldnt know it was there. as for the OP's question, CAI was my choice!
Attached Images

CAI Cold Air Intake, BMR Strut Tower Brace, BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs
Gen5DIY Fog Lights, Big Worm Third Brake Light/Side Marker Tint (Charcoal)
GTS Tail Light Covers, Purple Under Hood Lighting
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe w/ Muffler Delete
Black Plasti Dipped Wheels, Z/28 Spoiler
dmginc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 10:01 AM   #8
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
The Roto-fab V6 CAI performs great without setting codes, sounds awesome and can be customized to your tastes. I've owned a couple of V6 Camaros and I can tell you this intake really makes a difference. A 12-15 HP increase on a V6 is more noticeable in comparison to similar gains on a V8 car. If you have a standard trans the sound change alone is reason enough to have one of our intakes! You get a "throaty" sound under moderate to aggresssive acceleration, yet the sound is comparable to stock under normal driving conditions.
Installation is easy, our instructions are thorough and you don't need to make any modifications to install. Basic hand tools are all you will need.
We have some great dealers here on this site that are would be glad to help you out!

Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 09:09 AM   #9
TGCammy

Drives: 2015 V6 RS Bright Yellow
I did a K&N 63. Good quality from a brand we know forever. Looks great. Others were unjustifiably more money. Easy install, be careful removing the MAP Sensor connector whichever you choose, it's not just the red lock piece but a squeeze too.

Cool sound change from under the hood and moderate noticeable boost in power.

https://youtu.be/kkRL_8wHsHQ is a video from the rear.

https://youtu.be/kkRL_8wHsHQ
TGCammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 09:15 AM   #10
Shawno72

Drives: 2015 Black 2LT RS M6
I just got a CAI but I love RotoFabs options.
Shawno72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 10:37 AM   #11
SliverSurfer

Drives: Summit White 2014 1LT
I went with the CAI Inc system and have loved it since I stallation. It was a little more expensive than most systems, but the fit/finish and appearance are great. I haven't thrown any codes since the install. Have had it on for roughly 17K miles.

I didn't consider the injen long tube system because I was living in South Florida and was concerned with the chance of hydro lock. That's another system to look into.
Old 09-16-2015, 12:36 PM   #12
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmginc View Post
the strut tower brace helps a lot when turning at high speed, driving on track or back country roads you can feel a difference. driving around the city you wouldnt know it was there. as for the OP's question, CAI was my choice!
Love the additions! Great looking set up with the lights!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 12:56 PM   #13
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Good afternoon,

With our intake you not only get the extra sound and performance that most are looking for but you get the highest quality components and craftsmanship. We have worked with various OEM car manufacturers to provide intakes system that exceed expectations. Our intake features all aluminum construction that is Tig welded by hand and thermal coated inside and out then powder coated. We do everything possible to keep the intake air temps as low as possible such as enclosing the air filter in an insulated air box which helps to make more power. Our filter is a lifetime filter design in house that can be cleaned and oiled many times with our "recharge kit". Cold Air Inductions also dyno test all of our systems and all of the gains shown are wheel HP claims not to the crank like some advertise. We also have a lifetime warranty against defective material and craftsmanship for the life of the product under the original purchaser. The system is very easy to install and of course looks great under the hood!

Mark G
Customer Rep/ Sales
(810)392-9999
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 02:10 PM   #14
dmginc

Drives: In Circles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
Love the additions! Great looking set up with the lights!

CAI Cold Air Intake, BMR Strut Tower Brace, BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs
Gen5DIY Fog Lights, Big Worm Third Brake Light/Side Marker Tint (Charcoal)
GTS Tail Light Covers, Purple Under Hood Lighting
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe w/ Muffler Delete
Black Plasti Dipped Wheels, Z/28 Spoiler
dmginc is offline   Reply With Quote