Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-10-2014, 12:17 PM   #57
Phail

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS M6 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJScorpio View Post
How am I refusing to take them? If you read, you'd know I'm letting Corporate handle sending me to a different dealership for the work.

How quickly do YOU want me to do that to YOUR satisfaction that I'm not just "laying on the floor"?

How about I call you up, and we get on a three way call to Corporate, and you tell them how they are dragging their feet getting back to me, because you feel things should be done NOW.

And yes, the tech can get behind the wheel of my car and drive it as hard as they can...if it can't handle it, then I'd like them to see so.
Theres alot of things in life I would like my way - but its never that simple. It's about picking your battles, and knowing when you can't win.

You can't make a dealer do it your way - you can't make everything happen the way you want it to. So pick the best option and get 'er done.

All the power to you escalating to corporate - but you'll be lost in the sea of whiners about terrible service and nothing will become of it. Been there, done that, its a waste of time man!

Basically, all we're saying is, fix the problem yourself, dont wait for someone else to do it for you. You'll only end more irritated and beat your dog.
Phail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 12:18 PM   #58
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
OP. sound like you need to take your boss for a ride, so they can see that you have issues, and then give you time to get your car fixed. Then you can show them the invoice for the repair job. As you know, some parts of our government don't care about documentation. Just saying by not saying. And you sure do respond fast, not used to that from government...
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 12:20 PM   #59
Squillo

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS BRM LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
OP. sound like you need to take your boss for a ride, so they can see that you have issues, and then give you time to get your car fixed. Then you can show them the invoice for the repair job. As you know, some parts of our government don't care about documentation. Just saying by not saying. And you sure do respond fast, not used to that from government...
Of course he's responding fast. He's at "work."
Squillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 12:21 PM   #60
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
You how them government computers can be, crash at any moment.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 12:22 PM   #61
sene

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by halo8hkk View Post
i got you on the documentation. i understand having to deal with tight schedules and temporarily not being able to take time off. maybe your best bet is to have a friend or family member do it.
Nope, he's already turned down that suggestion along with every other reasonable suggestion. Things can't always be your way, buttercup.

Quote:
Oh, and I forgot to clarify...the reason why I went to that Chevy dealership instead of any of the closer ones, is because having bought the car from that dealership they give me a loaner car while they do the work. I believe (hell, maybe I'm wrong?) that other Chevy dealers wouldn't do that for me, even doing warranty work.
GM will provide a rental for warranty work done at ANY GM dealership.
sene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 12:23 PM   #62
NJScorpio

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LT Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phail View Post
Theres alot of things in life I would like my way - but its never that simple. It's about picking your battles, and knowing when you can't win.

You can't make a dealer do it your way - you can't make everything happen the way you want it to. So pick the best option and get 'er done.

All the power to you escalating to corporate - but you'll be lost in the sea of whiners about terrible service and nothing will become of it. Been there, done that, its a waste of time man!

Basically, all we're saying is, fix the problem yourself, dont wait for someone else to do it for you. You'll only end more irritated and beat your dog.
I do appreciate the advice, and you may be right that I'm going about this the wrong way. It is frustrating. I've been through something way too similar before, with Lester Glenn Hyundai (their sister dealership). I had a 2010 Elantra, brand new, 17miles on the thing. I brought it in, describing a very similar issue. I was told that it's because I'm not used to driving an Automatic. So I keep going for a few months, bring it in for the next oil change, and mention the issue again. Turns out, whatever was the issue justified them installing a new transmission that afternoon. Car ran perfect after that.

So I really don't want to have to go through all that again, but at the Chevy dealer, banking that even though they missed it the first time somehow we'll get it resolved the next time.

I'd just like to bring it to a different dealership, where they'd give it (I'd hope) more through attention because of Corporate's involvement.
NJScorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 12:24 PM   #63
NJScorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squillo View Post
Of course he's responding fast. He's at "work."
Hey, all I said was, I had to be here
Old 10-10-2014, 12:25 PM   #64
NJScorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by sene View Post
Nope, he's already turned down that suggestion along with every other reasonable suggestion. Things can't always be your way, buttercup.

GM will provide a rental for warranty work done at ANY GM dealership.
Ah, cool, thank you for the clarification! I may have been just assuming that coming from Hyundai ownership.

And also, not all suggestions are viable, sweetie. Most are pretty obvious ones. If they were viable, I would have done them prior to making this thread.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:31 PM   #65
sene

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LS
Quote:
And also, not all suggestions are viable, sweetie. They are all pretty obvious ones. If they were viable, I would have done them prior to making this thread.
I hate when life does that. Oh well, that's just the way it is. Don't lose any sleep over it. Best of luck.
sene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 12:36 PM   #66
NJScorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by sene View Post
I hate when life does that. Oh well, that's just the way it is. Don't lose any sleep over it. Best of luck.
Thanks. I dislike how angry/defensive I've come off in this thread, but this happened a few weeks ago, and I've been trying to figure the best way to handle it, just to get this resolved.

Sure, I may come off dismissive about some suggestions here (which I apologize for), but there are posts that are saying (1)I'm being difficult on purpose or (2)that I'm looking for excuses to get rid of my Camaro.

That isn't helping matters. I'd go through all this...for what....to get a lot of negative posts in a thread of mine on Camaro5.com?
Old 10-10-2014, 12:38 PM   #67
MathewsZ7

Drives: 2014 2LS
MathewsZ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 12:39 PM   #68
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
let's leave politics out of this.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:40 PM   #69
ytown87

Drives: C6 Corvette
been a fun read while at work today...def took a turn i didnt expect. like a decent movie i didnt plan on watching but ended up having a good plot twist
2008 C6 m6. Carbon creations front/rear carbon fiber wodebody fenders. Carbon fiber hood carbon fiber roof hoop carbon fiber zr1 extreme spoiler. NW 102mm tb. Ported intake manifold. Cometic .040 head gaskets. LG motorsports G6x3 cam. DSX flex fuel sensor. AEM methanol kit. Z06 brakes. Ebiach sway bars. ZR1 rep wheels and Nitto Invo tires. Monster stage 3 twin disc clutch. MGW short shifter. Corbeau race seats. Gforce race harnesses. SLP loudmouth 2 mufflers. Carbon fiber exhaust tips. RPM stage 4 transmission and Stage 3 rear diff. 3.73 gears. Vararam cai. Kooks 1 7/8 headers and x-pipe.
ytown87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 12:49 PM   #70
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
let's leave politics out of this.
Well what's the fun in that?