Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-10-2014, 11:53 AM   #43
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
I didn't know that people that work for the government could get fired....
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 11:56 AM   #44
NJScorpio

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LT Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by xinfamousxi View Post
This is a good idea~

OP you cant make anytime at all?

My dealer is open 7-7 6days a week
The idea of sending someone isn't a bad idea, I'll give credit there. But I don't want to obligate a friend, put them in the middle, with me on their case if things don't work out. It seems like a hassle (still, a valid idea), but I think letting Corporate handle it is less of a headache for me.

I double checked, and they open 6 days a week too, but close at 4:30.

I might be able to make some time toward the end of November, but that is way too long to wait on an issue that has been happening for months. If waiting was my only option, I would, but I'm trying the Corporate route.
NJScorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 11:57 AM   #45
xinfamousxi

Drives: Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJScorpio View Post
The idea of sending someone isn't a bad idea, I'll give credit there. But I don't want to obligate a friend, put them in the middle, with me on their case if things don't work out. It seems like a hassle (still, a valid idea), but I think letting Corporate handle it is less of a headache for me.

I double checked, and they open 6 days a week too, but close at 4:30.

I might be able to make some time toward the end of November, but that is way too long to wait on an issue that has been happening for months. If waiting was my only option, I would, but I'm trying the Corporate route.
that's lame
xinfamousxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 11:58 AM   #46
xinfamousxi

Drives: Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
xinfamousxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 11:59 AM   #47
NJScorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinfamousxi View Post
that's lame
Yep. I'm not a paranoid drama seeker here. The situation is screwed up.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:00 PM   #48
NJScorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post

You're thinking of teachers
Old 10-10-2014, 12:01 PM   #49
Phail

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS M6 IOM
You've been presented with your actionables:
1) book a day "months out" and get it looked at on the weekend
2) go to another dealer with more time for you on the weekend.
3) Get family or friend to replicate the issue for the dealer
4) Take it to a good shop nearby and pay to have it fixed

You are being presented with the solutions to your problem (regardless if the dealer sucks, because they all do), and you refuse to take any of them, while laying on the ground kicking and screaming.

Only thing im thinking of at this point is Cartman from south park saying "Buuuut MooooomMMMMMMmmm" in a high pitched voice.

Theres nothing more irritating then a client that doesn't want to work with you to "help them" (which is probably why you are getting attitude) - somethings are hard to notice if you dont own the car and know its ins and outs - something that is very obvious to you, may not be to the mechanic. Do you honestly want to put these people in your car and have them bag the shit out of it for 20 minutes?
Phail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 12:01 PM   #50
Manbearpig
Engineer of softness-ware

Drives: 2013 2LT RS
Manbearpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 12:03 PM   #51
NJScorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phail View Post
You've been presented with your actionables:
1) book a day "months out" and get it looked at on the weekend
2) go to another dealer with more time for you on the weekend.
3) Get family or friend to replicate the issue for the dealer
4) Take it to a good shop nearby and pay to have it fixed

You are being presented with the solutions to your problem (regardless if the dealer sucks, because they all do), and you refuse to take any of them, while laying on the ground kicking and screaming.

Only thing im thinking of at this point is Cartman from south park saying "Buuuut MooooomMMMMMMmmm" in a high pitched voice.

Theres nothing more irritating then a client that doesn't want to work with you to "help them" - somethings are hard to notice if you dont own the car and know its ins and outs - something that is very obvious to you, may not be to the mechanic. Do you honestly want to put these people in your car and have them bag the shit out of it for 20 minutes?

How am I refusing to take them? If you read, you'd know I'm letting Corporate handle sending me to a different dealership for the work.

How quickly do YOU want me to do that to YOUR satisfaction that I'm not just "laying on the floor"?

How about I call you up, and we get on a three way call to Corporate, and you tell them how they are dragging their feet getting back to me, because you feel things should be done NOW.

And yes, the tech can get behind the wheel of my car and drive it as hard as they can...if it can't handle it, then I'd like them to see so.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:06 PM   #52
halo8hkk

Drives: 2000 Z28. 2010 1SS IMB.
if your worried about losing your job for taking a hour or two off to fix the problem what is going to happen when you break down or get in an accident? not to sound mean but if your job wont let you take care of this and/or you wont take the risk of taking time off. there is not much to be said. the dealer isnt required have to work around your schedule. ether find another dealer that will or sell the car. if you job is that strict. then when you break down or get in an accident you are screwed anyway. i do gov work myself and if i need a hour or two to take care of some business because i cant do it after work i just explain it to my boss. 9 times out of 10 im cleared to go take care of it. again not to sound mean but the only way this will get resolved is for you to take them for a ride and show them what is going wrong.

2010 1SS/RS = Mysstique
Whipple Supercharger
Dyno= 618hp 555tq at the wheels
IMB Silver Stripes
VIN#44025
Born: 9/9/09 Delivered: 9/28/09
halo8hkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 12:08 PM   #53
NJScorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by halo8hkk View Post
if your worried about losing your job for taking a hour or two off to fix the problem what is going to happen when you break down or get in an accident? not to sound mean but if your job wont let you take care of this and/or you wont take the risk of taking time off. there is not much to be said. the dealer isnt required have to work around your schedule. ether find another dealer that will or sell the car. if you job is that strict. then when you break down or get in an accident you are screwed anyway. i do gov work myself and if i need a hour or two to take care of some business because i cant do it after work i just explain it to my boss. 9 times out of 10 im cleared to go take care of it. again not to sound mean but the only way this will get resolved is for you to take them for a ride and show them what is going wrong.
I get what you are saying, and if I did break down or have an accident, then I'd have documentation showing that events happened outside of my control.

Driving around with a tech to isolate a drivability issue is not something that just happens, outside of my control. If the car stopped driving, and I had to take it in, then I'd imagine I'd be okay. But it's no where near important enough in the eyes of those who make decisions to justify letting me take time. If the car gets me to work, good enough.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:12 PM   #54
halo8hkk

Drives: 2000 Z28. 2010 1SS IMB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJScorpio View Post
I get what you are saying, and if I did break down or have an accident, then I'd have documentation showing that events happened outside of my control.

Driving around with a tech to isolate a drivability issue is not something that just happens, outside of my control. If the car stopped driving, and I had to take it in, then I'd imagine I'd be okay. But it's no where near important enough in the eyes of those who make decisions to justify letting me take time. If the car gets me to work, good enough.
i got you on the documentation. i understand having to deal with tight schedules and temporarily not being able to take time off. maybe your best bet is to have a friend or family member do it.

2010 1SS/RS = Mysstique
Whipple Supercharger
Dyno= 618hp 555tq at the wheels
IMB Silver Stripes
VIN#44025
Born: 9/9/09 Delivered: 9/28/09
halo8hkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 12:14 PM   #55
hypercarfanatic

Drives: 2013 F-150
hypercarfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 12:15 PM   #56
NJScorpio

Oh, and I forgot to clarify...the reason why I went to that Chevy dealership instead of any of the closer ones, is because having bought the car from that dealership they give me a loaner car while they do the work. I believe (hell, maybe I'm wrong?) that other Chevy dealers wouldn't do that for me, even doing warranty work.