Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-22-2014, 01:08 PM   #15
sspolo

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1LE
Did the kids, or their parents ever say what were the motives? Hopefully it's not one of those parents saying the kids were having fun and or doing a "sport"
sspolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 01:11 PM   #16
Smoke 'em
There's always a faster 1

Drives: (-,-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
doesn't matter anyways. Mommy and Daddy will higher a good lawyer and before it's over not only will they get no punishment, you may end up getting sued for emotional damage for posting the video online.
As bad as I hate to say it, there is truth to this as well. Unfortunately it always seems if you have enough money you can get out of anything. I lost a really good friend 8 years ago due to a motorcycle accident. A guy was in a Vette going the wrong way down a one way street, came around the curve, and my friends buddy hit the Vette head on. His bike pretty much blew up on impact. My friend swerved to miss it and ended up hitting the curb and flying 100 yards into one of those big metal street lights. So, the guy in the Vette killed 2 people, was going the wrong way down a one way street, and his blood alcohol level was 3 times the legal limit. Guess what happened to him? Not a mother f'n thing. He walked away without any punishment. Not even a ticket. As the saying goes "money makes the world go 'round."
Smoke 'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 01:14 PM   #17
chester925

Drives: 2013 Black 2LS
In November of 2012, right after 2 month I purchased my baby Camaro. Both side windows were broke by a couple of drunker! They smashed the entire row of car in the parking lot! Camera only recorded these guys with hood on their head! I assume they are never caught for that. $5000 to replace window and interior damaged by window, I paid 500 deduction. More punishment on them!!!
chester925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 01:35 PM   #18
Phail

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS M6 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeuSS2011 View Post
They targeted others on the same street. Sometimes they hit the neighbor to my right. Other times they hit the neighbor to my left. We seemed to be the one constant target. Turns out the kid driving the first car lived just around the corner about a block away. Same with a couple of the others involved.
From the arms those punks had (embarassing) in those videos you could very well have been the only target but the throws are so bad they hit the neightbours instead.

Does no one play catch with their kids these days? Video games and texting I guess eh?
Phail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 01:52 PM   #19
Rico
Flying da helicopter

Drives: Black SS/RS
Where in El Paso was this? I used to live on the Northeast side off of McCombs.
Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 02:14 PM   #20
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke 'em View Post
As bad as I hate to say it, there is truth to this as well. Unfortunately it always seems if you have enough money you can get out of anything. I lost a really good friend 8 years ago due to a motorcycle accident. A guy was in a Vette going the wrong way down a one way street, came around the curve, and my friends buddy hit the Vette head on. His bike pretty much blew up on impact. My friend swerved to miss it and ended up hitting the curb and flying 100 yards into one of those big metal street lights. So, the guy in the Vette killed 2 people, was going the wrong way down a one way street, and his blood alcohol level was 3 times the legal limit. Guess what happened to him? Not a mother f'n thing. He walked away without any punishment. Not even a ticket. As the saying goes "money makes the world go 'round."

though I certainly wouldn't argue with that, what's really changed isn't the justice system (it's always been for sale) but the parents. 20, 30 years ago if a kid did that his parents would beat the hell out of him, punish him, and then ask the courts to punish him (community service or something) so he would learn a lesson and probably never do it again. now a days, the parrents tell their little precious they didn't do anything wrong, keep their mouth shut, and let the lawyer take care of things. kids aren't taught accountability, or that their actions carry consequences anymore. they're told their perfect little darlings who don't do anything wrong and are the most important things in the universe.

some of the best and most important lessons I learned in life were from getting caught doing dumb shit like that when I was a kid.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 02:35 PM   #21
2Fast4Mu
Nothing is True

Drives: Black 2014 2SS/RS
As kids, I figure most of us got into some kind of mischief -- even a lot of it....but I always respected people's property. I can't even imagine the urge to trash someone's stuff just for giggles. What losers they are.
Old 08-22-2014, 02:39 PM   #22
Phail

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS M6 IOM
Quote:
though I certainly wouldn't argue with that, what's really changed isn't the justice system (it's always been for sale) but the parents. 20, 30 years ago if a kid did that his parents would beat the hell out of him, punish him, and then ask the courts to punish him (community service or something) so he would learn a lesson and probably never do it again. now a days, the parrents tell their little precious they didn't do anything wrong, keep their mouth shut, and let the lawyer take care of things. kids aren't taught accountability, or that their actions carry consequences anymore. they're told their perfect little darlings who don't do anything wrong and are the most important things in the universe.

some of the best and most important lessons I learned in life were from getting caught doing dumb shit like that when I was a kid.
Bender said it best:
Phail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 03:46 PM   #23
ZeuSS2011

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS / Black 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico View Post
Where in El Paso was this? I used to live on the Northeast side off of McCombs.
This happened in the far east side. Any further east and you're in Horizon City.
ZeuSS2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 04:34 PM   #24
mth35115

Drives: 2010 Camaro rs/ss inferno orange
I think they should bring whipping with canes, like they do in Hong Kong.
A woman here in Birmingham, had someone pour paint stripper on her new Stingray. I saw on-line news pictures of the car it was bad, the paint was completely gone in places.

HOT ROD SS
MTH35115
mth35115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 04:40 PM   #25
Lumix

Drives: 2015 1LT
Quote:

Lumix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 04:45 PM   #26
FilibustaRhymes

Drives: SS
Glad they got caught, shame they didn't face consequences for the worse crap they did. Ugh.
FilibustaRhymes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 05:35 PM   #27
ZeuSS2011

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS / Black 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspolo View Post
Did the kids, or their parents ever say what were the motives? Hopefully it's not one of those parents saying the kids were having fun and or doing a "sport"
The detective told us that some of the parents wanted to meet with us and have their kids apologize for what they did. We decided against it so they wouldn't know who it was that caught them. Didn't want them coming back around for more. Hopefully that's the end of it.
ZeuSS2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 07:01 PM   #28
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeuSS2011 View Post
Over the span of 13 years, we have had to replace two back windows on the wife's SUV(2 different SUV's), a windshield, a window in the front of the house, and have suffered through numerous eggings. We've had a security system in place that was capturing the vandalism taking place, but unfortunately the footage wasn't providing the authorities with anything that they could use to find those responsible. Footage showed two cars involved. Finally invested in a camera that is able to capture license plates and provided the authorities with two license plates. Total of 6 teenagers were caught and charged with class c misdemeanor for criminal mischief.

Watch "Vandalism" on YouTube
Vandalism: http://youtu.be/u7ewxCn2KqU

Watch "Vandalism" on YouTube
Vandalism: http://youtu.be/lQ6Ehbr5p5Q

These two clips show the two cars that were involved. They came by on a Sunday night and again the following night. Gave the authorities the footage and the plates. They had them all charged by Thursday.
Good for you!