Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-19-2023, 09:24 PM   #15
Zander10
Banned

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Nightmares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebagger06 View Post
Heres my opinion and maybe i will be wrong but, I think GM's whole performance division will be eventually under the Cadillac banner, With them in IMSA and going to F1 seems fitting, I can also see Indy car Chevy teams switching to Cadi name also , maybe when they start running in F1! Corvette? who knows, could become its own entity or be under the Cadillac name , because after all it would still be a Corvette regardless if its branded as a Chevy or Cadi!
Ok your frightening me here, no way is the Camaro ever going to be a electric vehicle. The current political atmosphere aside, they both own chevy products and we the current owners of Gen5 Gen6 would not permit this to happen.

Zander
Zander10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2023, 07:15 AM   #16
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
forget what the name of the cadillac was but it was a reskinned corvette.it never caught on saleswise and was dropped.the only good thing about being in my mid 60s is i probably wont live long enough to buy an EV,and will probably be in a gas vehicle on my trip to the crematorium...
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2023, 08:05 AM   #17
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Its a sad day for automotive culture.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2023, 08:12 AM   #18
hesster

Drives: '10 C5 SS, '77 Bandit T/A
As a long time GM Employee (retired), I have seen it all from the inside. Years of downsizing and layoffs, losing billions, then Bankruptcy. Shedding vehicle lines like Pontiac, Hummer, etc. Now the Camaro.
My fellow Forum friends, it is all about $$ and making a profit, which the Camaro does not, as well as most car lines. The auto industry, in general, makes their $$ on TRUCKS, the "cash cow". Gone are the days of continuing a vehicle line that is unprofitable, regardless of sentiment or public opinion.
Don't lament too much - it only makes our Camaros (and Pontiacs) more valuable. Like both of my beauties in the pics attached.
Hang on to them!!!
Attached Images

hesster is offline   Reply With Quote