Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-25-2014, 03:43 PM   #29
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8OPEC View Post
(Highlighted for you) the ATS seems a tad shorter and more narrow than the current Camaro and offers no V8 option. Although the twin turbo with AWD would be nice a nice option.

GM will do to the Camaro what Ford has done to the 2015 Mustang it'll be BUTT ugly and most likely lose sales to the point they cancel the car AGAIN IMHO.
Listening is an amazing skill. The Alpha platform was DESIGNED to fit a small block V8. The exterior dimensions of a car have nothing to do with what engine will fit in it. Any LS or LT engine will fit in the Alpha platform.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 04:01 PM   #30
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
GM has always said there is no rule in place that the corvette has to have more HP than everything else. Like the LSA in the current ZL1 and the LS7 in the Z28 both have more power in them then the cars that had those engines first. So there's no reason that won't happen again.
Well, the LSA is not the LS9, so your theory ends there.

As for the LS7 in the Z/28, they literally had no other option.

Until I see the LT4 sitting in a next gen ZL1 at the same power level as the Z06, I will continue to believe that Chevy will put upper tier Corvette engines in the Camaro unless no other realistic option exists.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:59 PM   #31
bionick

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Well with Ford one upping Chevy with the GT500, I'm sure the ZL1 will get more power soon.
Yeah that was my disappointment with the Z/28. Yeah it is an AMAZING car and it'll beat any mustang on a track, but stock vs stock, the GT500 will beat it in a straight line. Even the ZL1 will win.
I know its a track car but I watched an interview when the Z/28 was first announced and they said they wanted to build a car that will beat any car that ford can put on the street. With that said I was assuming it would be better in all categories. They need to keep the ZL1 and upgrade and make it a faster 1/4 mile. If ford can do it Chevy can.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:24 PM   #32
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by bionick View Post
Yeah that was my disappointment with the Z/28. Yeah it is an AMAZING car and it'll beat any mustang on a track, but stock vs stock, the GT500 will beat it in a straight line. Even the ZL1 will win.
I know its a track car but I watched an interview when the Z/28 was first announced and they said they wanted to build a car that will beat any car that ford can put on the street. With that said I was assuming it would be better in all categories. They need to keep the ZL1 and upgrade and make it a faster 1/4 mile. If ford can do it Chevy can.
Chevy did not have a powerplant that they could use to out run the GT500. Even the LS9 is 24 HP down on the Trinity 5.8.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote