Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 11-15-2017, 01:36 PM   #1
red_johnny

Drives: 2016 Gray 2SS M6
Interesting problem in Germany not really camaro related but funny

So I take my American spec car (ford focus) to the ford dealer. It failed inspection as I replaced the headlights with LEDs so the beams were off. As I needed another problem fixed anyway I told them to adjust the beams so it will pass. What do they tell me? LEDs are illegal in halogen housings. I call BS but whatever, just order the halogen so I can get my car to pass. After almost 2 weeks of waiting the bulbs get here so we go to pay and while there I ask for new wiper blades as they had a display sitting there with various packs. His response......those are German spec blades and wont work on American spec vehicles. No Chit he really just said that. And then found out he ordered the bulbs from a U.S. supplier which is why it took so long to come in. I asked why? He said we needed US Spec bulbs. I think this guy is retarded and needless to say I wont be taking the car there again. A H7 bulb is the same no matter what country you get it in. Wiper blades are measured in inches in the US and MM in Germany which is the only difference (sizes may be slightly different but not enough to make fuss over). Anyway, I thought you all would enjoy that story.
red_johnny is offline   Reply With Quote