Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 10-31-2015, 10:25 PM   #15
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Grab a 2012 Chevy Cruze for 12k. Order your 2016 Camaro then trade/sell the Cruze for it. Cruze will keep you going till your vehicle is delivered. Exactly what a friend did for his c7 zo6 lol. And he still drives his Cruze to work because some jacka$$ slammed their door on his mirror @ work.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 08:53 AM   #16
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Your in NJ.....Uber it then buy your 16' SS.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 09:20 AM   #17
02v8ta

Drives: LS based beauties
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreng View Post
If you have a dealer that you have a reputation with go an talk to them and tell them the situation and look at what they have orderd and when it will be in. I would be very suprised if you wanted to buy a vehicle and used insurance settlement (assuming you will be paid for your old car) as down payment that they wouldnt give you a courtesy loaner to get by on seeing how some camaro's are at 4200 already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikosV6 View Post
Are you very sensitive to minute performance increases? Except for the GM published hero runs which no independent magazine can duplicate, the new 6th gen is only a few tenths faster than the equivalent 5th gen.

Now, don't get me wrong, that's always a good thing on an updated model. However, I think the 5th gen is still worthy and the aftermarket is already established for them. So, you can mod up the 5th gen to your liking until you're ready to step into a 6th gen. Just my $.02.
Both good points to consider, I think I would enjoy either. The 16's are right there I just have to option out a 1SS now and see what I can walk away with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbawden View Post
Why do you need to buy something hugely expensive right now...suck it up and get an old Accord or something you can clean up and flip in 6 months for maybe a small profit? The '16 is a huge leap forward, the interior is part of it, but the Alpha platform is no joke...pony car game changer.
New interior is beautiful, idk what they were thinking previously. Maybe I have to see it in person to accept it? Don't get me wrong I think I could live with it but seeing the new design is mind blowing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-10 View Post
It's easy to say wait and get what you want. I feel for you man. My wife just had a accident with an 18 wheeler last month. If your insurance will give you enough for a down, I would get what you want. Good Luck Man!
Hoping I can pull together enough for a 1SS now at least. we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umatac1 View Post
I agree get a beater....I do this sometimes. Then when the 16 arrives burn the beater...lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
Grab a 2012 Chevy Cruze for 12k. Order your 2016 Camaro then trade/sell the Cruze for it. Cruze will keep you going till your vehicle is delivered. Exactly what a friend did for his c7 zo6 lol. And he still drives his Cruze to work because some jacka$$ slammed their door on his mirror @ work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
Your in NJ.....Uber it then buy your 16' SS.
Both options to consider
Old 11-01-2015, 09:22 AM   #18
02v8ta

I guess I have questions about he 1SS now. Can you order a 1ss with leather interior or is that a 2ss only? I only really wanted leather, MRC and possibly Nav.

actually my sig shows what i wanted :(
Old 11-01-2015, 09:30 AM   #19
Tr6
The Dogfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02v8ta View Post
I guess I have questions about he 1SS now. Can you order a 1ss with leather interior or is that a 2ss only? I only really wanted leather, MRC and possibly Nav.

actually my sig shows what i wanted :(
Leather is 2SS.
Darkened tail lights you cannot order yet.
Other options you listed you can grab though.

And here is the price list so you can "build and price"
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=420633
Build thread HERE!
Old 11-01-2015, 02:45 PM   #20
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Buy a beater and wait it out
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 06:25 PM   #21
mcsoul

Drives: Want a gen 6
Yep find a beater that's a steal according to KBB, make GM buy it full price when you trade it in by just waiting for a big sale with a lot full of Camaro's.
mcsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 08:22 PM   #22
DCPX

Drives: Camaro
That is a very tough decision. I would get a 15/16 GT Mustang before a 15 Camaro.

Its a great deal in all but, I would get what you really want.
DCPX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 09:00 PM   #23
aa406079

Drives: New : 2017 SS 1LE Old: 2012 TTRS M6
One of 3 things will happen:

You will buy a Gen 5..... and you will feel a pang of regret in your heart of hearts everytime a Gen6 pulls up to you.... since you never really considered a Gen 5 till now.

You will buy a beater to get you thru the next year or so to wait for the ZL1/1LE/Z28.

You will order a 2016 SS NOW, get by for 6-8 weeks mooching rides/rental cars/uber...... get your new Gen 6.... and get Recaros or upgrade the suspension and/or install a supercharger later on.....

I will tell you now that if you want a Gen5 SS with decent handling you need to get a 1LE... dont expect the standard Gen5 to handle well in turns.... it understeers like a mofo....

Quote:
So life happens and my Daily more than likely got totaled today. I originally was going to trade that in with money down on a 16SS or other model of my choosing next year. Now I'm in the market for a vehicle much sooner rather than later.

There's a 2015 2SS w/RS package for 33K at my local dealer, hadn't paid it any attention until now. I had a 2002 Trans Am has my first sports coupe and more recently a R/T Challenger, before I had to get rid of that.

If I cave (kinda forced) to look into getting the 15model think I'll still be satisfied with the performance? Exterior wise I like the 14-15 refresh looks, the interior is okay at least with the 2ss it's loaded and leather. If I pass on a sports/muscle car now I may be stuck without one for another few years to come. A shame the Scat Packs aren't going on the cheap around here right now like ford and the 15 chevy's.
aa406079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 02:42 PM   #24
02v8ta

It's totaled.

If I were to order one payment isn't due until they receive it?
Old 11-02-2015, 02:46 PM   #25
mcsoul

Drives: Want a gen 6
Quote:
It's totaled.

That would be my understanding.
mcsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 03:01 PM   #26
Tr6
The Dogfather

Quote:
It's totaled.

Nope, dealership will require a deposit though. 500 to 1k is very common. 1k more like it since yours will be a "custom" order. Vehicle being made and shipped will take about 3 months and after you sign papers and take delivery you wont have a payment due for AT LEAST 45 days. Basically, you will be looking at a minimum of 5 months with no payments after ordering it... Most likely 6 months from your order at the current production/shipping dates. The further date you push it, the faster vehicle production to dealership will became. Not by much but instead of having no payments for 6 months right now, it might be 5 months for sure.
Build thread HERE!
Old 11-02-2015, 03:27 PM   #27
jaymsu
Yeti's Daddy

Drives: ATS-V, Prowler, M6 V10
Quote:
It's totaled.

Sorry to hear about your car, but glad to see you are ok.

Instead of putting in a new order now, how about taking one of the cars Becky posted on other thread?

I don't know if those were customers' cars that they backed out of deal, or Becky ordered them as stock, but I think I saw about 3-4 cars, that were being built soon.

Regarding the Gen5 vs. Gen6 choice, I'm with many others above: I think you will regret going Gen5 every time you see Gen 6 on the street. I'm not saying Gen5 is not a good car. I've had times where I had to 'settle' with something, and every time I saw something I wanted, I was kicking myself.

Do yourself a favor and get the thing you want from the beginning.
3000: 9/04/15 <TPW:10/19/15>
3800: 10/19/15 <VIN: 117740>
6000: 12/16/15
jaymsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 03:28 PM   #28
02v8ta

My local Chevy dealer is horrible, mainly service dept but I've noticed there's never the same salesman there. Ivery personally had bad experience along with my grandmother and 2 other friends. I drove 45 minutes back in the day to take my Chevy to another dealership.

Don't want to really trust them with a custom order, I know it's a new car still feel like I would pay more. I like the idea no payments for 5 months, is a down payment also negotiated during this time ?