Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 11-02-2017, 09:51 PM   #15
Chazzz

Drives: 2018 1LT RS V6 A8 Convertible
Gotta wonder how that got past the certification inspection? My guess is chances are it's more likely a defective transmission than misused one. I had the exact same issue on a brand new 6 speed manual car I bought in 2010. They replaced the transmission under warranty with just 300 miles.
Chazzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 01:58 PM   #16
kenaro

Drives: 2016 1LT V6 Manual
Dealership just called. They put in the new parts and it still pops out of 4th. The technician is going to call GM and ask what they want to do next. I hope they say to just put in a new gear box. Driving a rental til at least middle of next week it looks like. Sucks! Very frustrating.
kenaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 04:11 PM   #17
kenaro

Well, the transmission went back in the car last Friday, and the tech still had the issue on a test drive. They just now, today. pulled the transmission again, and are waiting on marching orders from GM. It will be 3 weeks ago next Tuesday that I took the car back to them. I had purchased the car 3 weeks ago this coming Monday, and had it less than 24 hours before it went back to the service department to deal with this issue. I at least have a loaner, but I'm not really a Silverado kind of guy. Very frustrated, and concerned about the reliability of this car going forward, once I get the car back.
Old 11-09-2017, 07:02 PM   #18
Chazzz

Drives: 2018 1LT RS V6 A8 Convertible
Sorry, but that car should have never been delivered to you with transmission problems. I would need to have a long discussion with the service manager and let him know that you have had enough and you would like to request a new transmission. Maybe while your there he can also explain to you how that car passed the certification inspection and was sold as a GM CPO unit with a defective gearbox!!! When I had the same issue in 2010 on my brand new Kia Forte SX Koup not only did Kia replace the transmission but after I complained to corporate they also paid my first three car payments!!! I feel for you having to deal with such frustrations when it should have been caught before it was sold.

Last edited by Chazzz; 11-09-2017 at 07:21 PM.
Chazzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 07:43 PM   #19
kenaro

Today the dealership called and told me that a synchro was installed backwards. Tech said is was installed just like the one he replaced, implying that it was backwards from the factory. Ordered a new one, will install on Monday. We will see what happens.
Old 11-10-2017, 08:14 PM   #20
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenaro View Post
Today the dealership called and told me that a synchro was installed backwards. Tech said is was installed just like the one he replaced, implying that it was backwards from the factory. Ordered a new one, will install on Monday. We will see what happens.
At least it will get all fixed up for you. Wish Oshawa had kept the Camaro. They make solid vehicles.
IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 09:16 AM   #21
BrianL

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Hot, NPP, Nav, M6
Remember, this Tremec transmission was not assembled in the GM factory. They supply them as completed units to GM.
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 10:38 AM   #22
kenaro

Picked up the car on Monday, seems to be fixed. They had the car 3 weeks to resolve the issue, but at least it got done, and they provided a loaner.

Tags
pops out of gear, reliability, transmission