Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 11-10-2017, 06:35 AM   #29
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wierd Harold View Post
Oh and don't forget to use the funnel that's in the trunk to put the stabilizer In if you don't it will not go into the tank.there is another flap farther in the filler neck
Yeah, and make sure you have the funnel pushed in all the way so you don't lose the first ounce or so you try to pour in. Ask me how I know, lol.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 07:39 AM   #30
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
A battery tender is essential. Unfortunately most generic storage facilities don't have outlets. If you take the battery out you should still hook it up to a battery tender.

I have never done this on a computerized car so I'm not sure what the risks are. I have heard that the On Star transmitter has an emergency battery that will expire over the winter if the main battery is disconnected. Hope someone with 1st hand knowledge chimes in on this.

When I did store a car in a commercial facility, it was a car storage place, so there were outlets.

In my experience, flat-spotting is a myth. I have been storing cars over the winter for 9 years now, and never experienced any damage to tires.

I would ask the storage facility what they do about pest control. The ones I know are very aggressive about putting out rodent poison. Still, make sure the car is clean inside and there's no food or food wrappers hiding under the seats!

If you cover the car, be sure to use an indoor cover that breathes. An outdoor cover used indoors could make matters worse.

I put Sta-Bil in the tank, fill it, and drive 15 minutes to get it through the system. I change the oil before storage, not after.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 08:00 AM   #31
SplorgFlorgman

Drives: Nothing, yet
I just put my snow tires on.

SplorgFlorgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 07:38 AM   #32
wjones14

Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Competition
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruzySS View Post
It's in a heated garage. I think I'm going to just start it up every couple weeks and let it run for awhile.
Better not to start it at all, according to everything I've ever read. If you do start it, it's best to run it until the oil is up to temp. Otherwise you do more harm than good.

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-vid...izing-your-car
Previous: 2018 Summit White 2SS 1LE; 2015 MINI Cooper F56 6MT; 2015 BMW M235i 6MT; 2003 MINI 5MT; 2005 Mustang GT 5MT
wjones14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 02:11 PM   #33
leothebest

Drives: 2016 Red 2SS
Rather than removing the battery connections you should be able to get away with putting the car in transport mode, it worked out fine for me last winter. Stored the car early December and it started up at the end of February with no problem. I agree with the others on the use of flat stoppers, STA-BIL, and an indoor car cover. Used a heated garage last winter, but will be putting it in a storage unit this year.
leothebest is offline   Reply With Quote