Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-13-2017, 12:12 PM   #15
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
I got my Kooks in already. Ordered them last week. Full LTH. Matt got them for me, shipping included. $1400. That is with connecting pipes. Didn't have to wait 10 weeks.
Old 11-13-2017, 12:30 PM   #16
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17txcamaross View Post
For those with unlimited funds or just a sheer lack of patience Maryland Speed is not for you.

For those looking to save some money and those who aren't on a time constraint they are great. Order during the off season and be ready for install come summer.
This sums it up perfectly.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:53 PM   #17
kttxz06

I'm curious to know why they ship so long? What is the point? If the parts are available, what is the benefit to Maryland Speed to wait so long to ship unless they are holding that $ and getting a huge monthly return on it. That is the only reason why. There really is no other benefit to wait to ship so long. At least in my opinion.
Old 11-13-2017, 01:11 PM   #18
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1le32907 View Post
At best they should put a disclaimer if you want dirt cheap price expect to wait a very long time to get the deal
It is on our order terms agreed to and listed on the invoice. We even link to it in our signature now.

Between that, and all the threads here...at what point is this shame on the customer for not reading.

To be honest, the problem is, at the time of purchase, everyone is price motivated. Once you give them the discount however, and the order is placed, it turns into "I would have paid more to get them faster". Then you see them start trying to turn the screws with forum posts like you see here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
I'm curious to know why they ship so long? What is the point? If the parts are available, what is the benefit to Maryland Speed to wait so long to ship unless they are holding that $ and getting a huge monthly return on it. That is the only reason why. There really is no other benefit to wait to ship so long. At least in my opinion.
The more we discount, the less places we can profitably source the product from. For instance, pay website price, with no discount, I have 10 places (wholesalers) I can get Kooks from. However you get one of the deals mentioned here, you paid less than the wholesalers charge me. You are waiting on a stock order to come in.

Most places just charge around what our website price is, or more, never stock the item, and dropship from a wholesaler.
MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 01:13 PM   #19
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
It is on our order terms agreed to and listed on the invoice. We even link to it in our signature now.

Between that, and all the threads here...at what point is this shame on the customer for not reading.

To be honest, the problem is, at the time of purchase, everyone is price motivated. Once you give them the discount however, and the order is placed, it turns into "I would have paid more to get them faster". Then you see them start trying to turn the screws with forum posts like you see here.

The more we discount, the less places we can profitably source the product from. For instance, pay website price, with no discount, I have 10 places (wholesalers) I can get Kooks from. However you get one of the deals mentioned here, you paid less than the wholesalers charge me. You are waiting on a stock order to come in.

Most places just charge around what our website price is, or more, never stock the item, and dropship from a wholesaler.
^ Gotcha. I can understand that reasoning. I kind of liked my idea better tho. haha. Hold on to peoples $. Invest it. Then ship out in 3 months.