Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-16-2018, 12:36 PM   #15
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig eh View Post
2016 DSOM 2lt, auto, Corvette 8000 miles

2017 SS 50th grey only 500 miles just purchased and drove it home,

2013 mustang for wifey, 6 cylinder convertible

You are right about the Corvette, nice car, but no room, harder entry and exit

Camaro you can drive with the right tires year around and enjoy the same engine,

The ZL1 supercharged will give you all the jollies you need,

not a bad decision

get the color you want with the track pack and enjoy yourself,

the only drawback is the rough ride as a daily driver, you need to be in the seat for a drive to see if you like it or if it is a little rough for daily driving

stig eh
the Zl1 has 4 different drive modes. Mag ride is perfect for daily driving. the ZL1 1LE is a different story and may not be as comfortable to some as a DD, but he doesn't have to get the 1LE.
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 12:42 PM   #16
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
I'm in the same boat as the OP. Two kids, 10 and 8. Was looking at the C7, but honestly wanted the GS and couldn't afford it. 1LE does it for me and my kids fit back there.
metros11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 01:08 PM   #17
Thill444

Drives: 2020 SS1LE Shadow Gray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfeelgood View Post
Not sure what your budget is... but there are slightly used 2017 ZL1's out there in the 50's. If you get a 2017 Zl1, your life will change, and you'll kick yourself for not doing it sooner.
I am trying to stay around $45K. I hate the Honda Fit so the goal is to reduce my current payment and buy a Jeep Wrangler for winter and my wife. My wife has driven a minivan for 12+ years and has always wanted a Wrangler so thought is to surprise her and then I can drive the Wrangler when the weather is so bad that a Camaro or Mustang isn't doable (I plan on getting all seasons or snow tires for winter for either car).
Thill444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 01:11 PM   #18
Thill444

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunaMelt View Post
How tall are you? The front seat will block any legroom and will actually make it where shins cannot physically exist between the two long before the seat is all the way back. If you're moving to a Camaro to fit kids then you should test drive with them back there. The backseats in this car, IMO, are for insurance purposes. They are useless.
5'11". But..

Almost 100% of the time there will be nobody in the front passenger seat so I can move that forward and a kid can sit behind. My two girls are very small so they have zero issues fitting comfortably in either a Camaro or Mustang.

My son is going to be 13 this summer and growing like a weed so he can ride in the front seat if we are in a pinch and a girl behind him.
Old 02-16-2018, 01:14 PM   #19
Thill444

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
You might be better off trying to find a Chevy SS if your going to be hauling kids to activities. 4 Doors + LS3 and all the tech goodies you could want.
SS won't fit in my garage stall where the car has to go. It's like 2 inches too long. Being honest the exterior styling of the SS does zero for me even if I could get it to fit.
Old 02-16-2018, 01:15 PM   #20
Thill444

Quote:
Originally Posted by metros11 View Post
I'm in the same boat as the OP. Two kids, 10 and 8. Was looking at the C7, but honestly wanted the GS and couldn't afford it. 1LE does it for me and my kids fit back there.
That is good to know!
Old 02-16-2018, 01:17 PM   #21
Thill444

I love the idea of a ZL1. I have thought about it. Or a Shelby GT350. But I think the ZL1 is complete overkill for me on the streets. I test drove a Z06 and almost bought a used one but found I enjoyed the Z51 more because most of my driving is under 55mph on backroads. I don't touch a freeway in 90%+ of my driving so it's rare to go over 60mph, but I love having a car that handles well and can still go fast when I want and, when I can get to the track, I can have a blast.
Old 02-16-2018, 01:19 PM   #22
Thill444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper RS View Post
I just recently sold my '18 Z06 back to the dealer that I bought it from. Loved the car, but did not love the car payment, especially that it sits for 6 months in the garage during Winter and has very limited use in the nice weather. Just couldn't justify it any longer. The dealer did give me a generous figure for it! So, I found a low mileage (5500 miles) '16 Camaro SS Convertible with a 6 speed manual and mag ride for a fraction of the price of the Z06! The Camaro SS Vert will still give me fun in the nice weather without breaking the bank.
Yeah I don't know what it is but it is really hard for me to drive my Corvette on snow/bad weather days even if I put snow tires on it. Camaro or Mustang? I would drive them no problem with the right tires on them.

I know it seems silly but I find myself babying my C7 more than any other car I have owned.
Old 02-16-2018, 01:21 PM   #23
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
I have test driven a couple C7's and I own a Gen 6 RS V6, previously owned a Gen 5 SS. For the running around you need to do, you won't get any better gas mileage in an SS
or Mustang GT than you would the Vette, the Vette might even do better as it is lighter. And there is really no rear seat leg room in an SS or Mustang GT- unless you have someone in the front very short and/or with the seat way up. Yes it seats 4 in a pinch but there is not much room back there.

Going from a Vette to an SS or Mustang GT is a step down in my opinion. I lived in New England and for sure understand you have winter- and any RWD car is not going to be good in inclement weather- or at least not as good as FWD or AWD. I would keep the Vette and get a WRX as my commuter, transporter car. Drive the Vette whenever you can and enjoy it!
Old 02-16-2018, 01:24 PM   #24
Thill444

I also wonder if I hold out a little longer to see if there is a 2019 model year refresh for the Camaro. I will say that I have a Chevy dealer offering me a crazy trade in on my C7. about $1500 less than what I paid. With the tax break I would pay zero tax on a Camaro 1LE (1SS). I am not sure if I can get that price when the 19's come out and when I can get my hands on one. And in the meantime the Corvette will sit.

I only owe $20K on the Vette so will be able to put $25K+ down on the Camaro.
Old 02-16-2018, 01:27 PM   #25
closs2sx

Drives: 1970 chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thill444 View Post
Yeah I don't know what it is but it is really hard for me to drive my Corvette on snow/bad weather days even if I put snow tires on it. Camaro or Mustang? I would drive them no problem with the right tires on them.

I know it seems silly but I find myself babying my C7 more than any other car I have owned.
Where in New England do you live? I live in Central NH and I have a 2015 z06 z07 pkg vette and I have a zl1 1le in transit. Neither will see rain or snow while in my hands.

The z06 rocks the back roads it will be interesting to see how the zl1 1le compares
Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic
Dads Car
2013 ZL1 vin 963
Crystal Red Tint Coat/Black Wheels
Exposed Carbon Fiber Insert
6 Spd Manual
closs2sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 01:33 PM   #26
Thill444

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT58 View Post
I have test driven a couple C7's and I own a Gen 6 RS V6, previously owned a Gen 5 SS. For the running around you need to do, you won't get any better gas mileage in an SS
or Mustang GT than you would the Vette, the Vette might even do better as it is lighter. And there is really no rear seat leg room in an SS or Mustang GT- unless you have someone in the front very short and/or with the seat way up. Yes it seats 4 in a pinch but there is not much room back there.

Going from a Vette to an SS or Mustang GT is a step down in my opinion. I lived in New England and for sure understand you have winter- and any RWD car is not going to be good in inclement weather- or at least not as good as FWD or AWD. I would keep the Vette and get a WRX as my commuter, transporter car. Drive the Vette whenever you can and enjoy it!
Owned three WRX's. They are good cars, but I would rather drive a Camaro or Mustang with proper tires. Even with suspenion mods, aftermarket tune, etc on the WRX the 6th gen Camaro and Mustang are so much better handling and faster. Even the current WRX understeers pretty bad and the stock tune is really poor.

Even if I do buy a WRX I am stuck with the same scenario of putting about 3K miles on my Vette a year for the foreseeable future. I would rather drive a Mustang or Camaro 6-8K miles a year and a Jeep 1-2K miles. My wife would likely drive the Jeep a lot more than me
Old 02-16-2018, 01:35 PM   #27
Thill444

Quote:
Originally Posted by closs2sx View Post
Where in New England do you live? I live in Central NH and I have a 2015 z06 z07 pkg vette and I have a zl1 1le in transit. Neither will see rain or snow while in my hands.

The z06 rocks the back roads it will be interesting to see how the zl1 1le compares
I am in CT near in the Hartford suburbs. Been here a little over a year but came from Minnesota. Winter here is cake
Old 02-16-2018, 01:36 PM   #28
closs2sx

Drives: 1970 chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thill444 View Post
I am in CT near in the Hartford suburbs. Been here a little over a year but came from Minnesota. Winter here is cake
my wife has family in danbury and brookfield so i go through hartford a lot
Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic
Dads Car
2013 ZL1 vin 963
Crystal Red Tint Coat/Black Wheels
Exposed Carbon Fiber Insert
6 Spd Manual
closs2sx is offline   Reply With Quote