Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-24-2016, 10:32 AM   #1
BMR Tech

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
BMR Suspension's 2016 Camaro build diary and product development

Just realized we had not done one of these yet, so I have a lot to post to catch up to speed with where we are currently!

Starting off, we took delivery of our 2016 2SS in Red Hot with a 6 speed manual trans. We were anxious to get the car in the shop and begin studying it and seeing how it worked.

First thing we did was corner scale the car. Needless to say, we were impressed!

Then it went up in the air so we could get a look at what we were working with and what we could improve on

The design was impressive, but we immediately saw room for improvement. The stock arms looked very flimsy and we knew deflection and wheelhop would be an issue. So, we had to test this theory in the most scientific and professional way possible

This lead us to the first installment of our video series

https://youtu.be/fleIegn6aNs

Next, we took our Camaro to the road course to test in stock form and get a feel for the how the car responds and get some baseline numbers to work off of. Before this first outing, we did a complete brake system flush and fill with Motul RBF 600 to increase braking response and reduce fade. Last thing we wanted to do was put our new car into the wall over some unexpected braking issues!

https://youtu.be/99SdtLMjwkA

After doing some testing with cameras under the car, the first thing we noticed was a ton of deflection and movement in the cradle bushings, allowing the whole cradle to react under acceleration, braking and cornering. The solution was a cradle bushing lockout kit.

https://youtu.be/leMCg1I0_qE

It was time for the Camaro to get and attitude (and altitude) adjustment. This lead us to developing and installing a set of our SP041 Lowering springs. We couldn't be happier with the stance

https://youtu.be/40TbFSp3thA

Next, we decided to really push the suspension to its limit and eliminate traction issues relating from tires. So we got together with Billet Specialties for a set of their new 19x10 front 19x11 rear Concave Pro Touring series wheels

We then Wrapped them in 295 front/315 rear Hoosier R8 tires. The look is killer!

https://youtu.be/qPmIPlruqs4

Then, it was time to move on to the hard parts. We developed 3 flavors of rear locating links to reduce movement and allow for custom alignment specifications for lowered and performance oriented cars

https://youtu.be/keqNyPoS_7A

Last edited by BMR Tech; 08-25-2016 at 04:14 PM.
BMR Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 12:43 AM   #2
rorymick

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS 1LT 2.0L Turbo
And how does it handle now? Do you have most of the parts available for the gen 6 on this car????

I'll be looking to make my 2.0T RS into a little handlin' machine. I figure it's light and has a near 50/50 weight balance...it would make for a great G machine with the right suspension and wheel setup.

I've already filled my cart on your site just to get an idea of how much I'm looking at cost wise.

I don't think the SS lowering springs physically fit on the 4cyl platform so I'll be waiting for someone to release Springs for it sooner than later hopefully. Ideally a very minimal drop...max 1" front and rear but what I'm really after is the stiffer spring rate and flatter cornering and braking.

Anyhow I'll be keeping an eye on you guys! Keep up the good work!
Old 08-26-2016, 09:04 AM   #3
BMR Tech

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorymick View Post
And how does it handle now? Do you have most of the parts available for the gen 6 on this car????

I'll be looking to make my 2.0T RS into a little handlin' machine. I figure it's light and has a near 50/50 weight balance...it would make for a great G machine with the right suspension and wheel setup.

I've already filled my cart on your site just to get an idea of how much I'm looking at cost wise.

I don't think the SS lowering springs physically fit on the 4cyl platform so I'll be waiting for someone to release Springs for it sooner than later hopefully. Ideally a very minimal drop...max 1" front and rear but what I'm really after is the stiffer spring rate and flatter cornering and braking.

Anyhow I'll be keeping an eye on you guys! Keep up the good work!
Physical fitment should be the same as far as springs go. The difference will be in the rates. Our stiffer rates will be a huge improvement in handling, and will provide less drop on your car than it does on the SS due to the lighter weight of your car. So they may be a perfect option for you. Pair them with our newly released sway bars, cradle braces and tubular rear locating arms and you will have a well balanced cornering monster. Give me a call when you get ready to get everything going and I can make sure we put you together a package that works best for your application
BMR Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 09:47 AM   #4
rorymick

That's a very enjoyable answer to read! Thanks! You'll be hearing from me for sure! Keep the cool stuff coming!
Old 08-26-2016, 09:57 AM   #5
rorymick

Though it looks winter tires are more on the horizon for me right now given the night time Temps lately where I am in Canada ��
Old 09-05-2016, 12:18 PM   #6
JaxJags

Drives: 1994 Camaro Z28
Damn those wheels look good