Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-13-2016, 06:08 PM   #57
Blam2526

Drives: 16 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMTNLSS View Post
I was getting quotes around $500-$800 to get my kit painted. I said no i'm not paying that much so I decided to paint them myself. I'm sure a shop would look better but to me these look probably 80%-90% of what a shop would be and it only cost me around $150 I think for the supplies.
Did you have issues where the little lips were on the front and rear part of the sides being pitted? That's what he was saying was going to require all the prep making the price go up. Basically he was saying it needs a certain type of primer or something.
Hyper Blue 2SS, Jet black int, NPP, MRC, 6MT, 56V rims, NAV, Sunroof, Black Bow ties, painted engine cover, black tail lights and side markers, Lime green calipers, custom painted SS badges, Stillen body kit, Borla ATAK and Cat delete Xpipe
Blam2526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 08:20 PM   #58
EMTNLSS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blam2526 View Post
Did you have issues where the little lips were on the front and rear part of the sides being pitted? That's what he was saying was going to require all the prep making the price go up. Basically he was saying it needs a certain type of primer or something.
Yea mine had a few pin holes and stuff but after I was done painting I didn't see them anymore. Only way you would see them anyways is if you got really close. Also they are going to get chips in them anyways from road debris so I figured no reason to pay that much when they'll look beat up in a year or two.

Current Mods: Catch Can | aFe Lowering Springs | GM 2nd Gen Splitter | Hotchkis Sway Bars | MRR FS02 Wheels | Flowmaster Exhaust | Dark Tail Lights | Diode Dynamics Sidemarkers | Roto Fab | Solar TB | PRAY Ported IM | BMR | TSP 1 7/8" Catted Headers | PRAY Tune

Upcoming Mods:
EMTNLSS is offline   Reply With Quote