Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-28-2016, 09:24 AM   #1
teobilly

Drives: Camaro 2SS 2013 (EU Version)
Question How to ... Rev ??

Hy guys

I have a particular question for you, what is the best way to Rev "correctly" ?
I have an automatic transmission on my SS with a few mods (Cam package, exhaust .... ) and i don't have a Rev limiter.
Usually i Rev only at the meeting and only with warm engine, not on the street ...

I have seen a lot of Ferrari / Lamborghini revving at low speeds through the gear to neutral.
Is it possible with our Camaro ?

Now for revving i need to stop me, change from D to N, Revving, change again from N to D to move.
Is it correct ? Are you using a "different way" for revving ???
There is a possibility through software modification of the control unit, to move from D to N using the paddles on the steering wheel?

Thanks
teobilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 09:24 AM   #2
failshift
Banned

How to ... Rev ??

Buy a ls3

But on a real not switching from D to N will not harm the transmission. Now switching back into D "should not" but it's not, not unhealthy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
failshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 09:34 AM   #3
Skillet
Account Suspended

Drives: car
What are you trying to accomplish with this revving? What's the point?
Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 09:53 AM   #4
rvadim76

Drives: SOLD: 2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS
What do you mean: "Revving"? Are you trying to rev just for fun or you are trying to launch your car from high RPM? In the last case you have to disable both traction control and stability control. With all "nannies" off you will be able to spin your tires and hold the car at the same time.
rvadim76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 09:56 AM   #5
teobilly

Drives: Camaro 2SS 2013 (EU Version)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvadim76 View Post
What do you mean: "Revving"? Are you trying to rev just for fun or you are trying to launch your car from high RPM? In the last case you have to disable both traction control and stability control. With all "nannies" off you will be able to spin your tires and hold the car at the same time.
I'm trying to rev just for fun !
teobilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 10:33 AM   #6
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Well if your SS was a motorcycle I'd call you a Squid . Buy a manual transmission car . Push in the clutch and rev to your hearts content . Seems like a complete waste of gas to me .

I had some jerk in a Gen5 SS rev is engine at me when I was following him on my Motorcycle ( Guess he thought I was following to close or something 2 car lengths at 35mph) I just started laughing in my Helmet at him . If I had rev'ed my bike engine as I passed him I would have made his ears bleed Or he would have thought I was the jerk.
Old 03-28-2016, 10:39 AM   #7
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Coopgt View Post
Well if your SS was a motorcycle I'd call you a Squid . Buy a manual transmission car . Push in the clutch and rev to your hearts content . Seems like a complete waste of gas to me .

I had some jerk in a Gen5 SS rev is engine at me when I was following him on my Motorcycle ( Guess he thought I was following to close or something 2 car lengths at 35mph) I just started laughing in my Helmet at him . If I had rev'ed my bike engine as I passed him I would have made his ears bleed Or he would have thought I was the jerk.
I have Mustangs do it to me all the time... supposedly they are saying "Hello, how are you? I'm a Mustang." I think it's funny...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 10:51 AM   #8
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 11:20 AM   #9
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
This
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 11:22 AM   #10
dantemcc

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
That smiley is HILARIOUS
dantemcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 02:33 PM   #11
JTC/C5

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-28-2016, 02:34 PM   #12
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Maybe you should buy a Fiat.
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 02:43 PM   #13
rvadim76

Drives: SOLD: 2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS
Talking

))) well, I guess "revving for fun" is not safe enough on A6 as the only way to rev it is putting your tranny in "N" position. So it's better to do when you are at complete stop. Disabling nannies will allow you to get the higher rpm.
Have fun!
rvadim76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 03:11 PM   #14
jcampos

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
Why do you feel you must rev while in motion? Never mind, I will answer my own question because your car is cammed with a loud exhaust. So, essentially you are trying to scare all the Ferraris and Lambo's??? LMAO, you may sound aggressive but they will still whoop up on you, sorry bro. FAIL.
jcampos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rev