Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-07-2016, 09:55 PM   #239
scandata

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS vert, Spring Green Edtn
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS/RS2010 View Post
This..............

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/scandata/sigpic_zpsxmxmbipg.jpg
scandata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 10:58 PM   #240
Beardface

Drives: '11 topless 2LT RS & '05 Altima SER
You all have to realize, the whole donk movement isn't about making the cars look or perform great, is about literally making them ridiculous. The negative reactions they get from anyone who doesn't understand why they do what they do is exactly why they do it.

Once you realize that, the humor in the movement is blatant. They're poking fun at the car modding culture by taking it to the absurd extreme. Personally, find those cars hilarious.
Old 06-08-2016, 12:12 AM   #241
SS/RS2010

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardface View Post
You all have to realize, the whole donk movement isn't about making the cars look or perform great, is about literally making them ridiculous. The negative reactions they get from anyone who doesn't understand why they do what they do is exactly why they do it.

Once you realize that, the humor in the movement is blatant. They're poking fun at the car modding culture by taking it to the absurd extreme. Personally, find those cars hilarious.
Seems to me like its a rather expensive way to do that. I for one can think of a lot of better ways to spend my money.
SS/RS2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 12:58 AM   #242
rocknroll_jeph

Drives: 11 Camaro V6 RS, 03 BMW Z4
If I can only choose one, I would have to say the fake chrome vents stuck to the driver doors. Why put a fake vent there of all places? I just imagine that they are functional for venting the bad stink from their shoes or something... There are a few cars in my area with this "mod".
rocknroll_jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 06:28 AM   #243
Taco Time

Drives: 2014 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvillase View Post
All mods should be looked at as equals, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. perspective. perspective. perspective.

i love my:
-caliper covers
-limo tint
-blacked out lights
-black rims
i think thats all the mods i had that people didn't like haha. great thread

and that's why you don't have any friends, Billy... JK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosted View Post
And some of the other things people have mentioned, I'm 31 and have Gold powder coated wheels, a decal, plastidipped door handles, tinted headlights, no badges and a black hood with scoop.

So after adding all these mods you didn't have enough money left for the light bill? Post a picture of your car in the daytime so we can judge you accordingly. Haha

It looks pretty tastefully done. But it's dark so we can't actually see well.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Taco Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 07:14 AM   #244
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeCruisin View Post
anyone say plastidip yet?
Have to agree. Dumbest thing ever. In our day it was used to coat handles on hand tools. Not to paint your car.

Like I said above though, if that is your cup of tea then by all mean plactic dip the hell out of your car.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 07:17 AM   #245

Drives: 15 2SS RS 1LE, 18 Sonic LT, Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
Not sure where to start with this one.
At least it looks functional?
1110110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 07:17 AM   #246
FilibustaRhymes

Drives: SS
Quote:

Thank you for explaining that. I get it now.

Not my jam, but...
FilibustaRhymes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 07:28 AM   #247
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Have to agree. Dumbest thing ever. In our day it was used to coat handles on hand tools. Not to paint your car.

Like I said above though, if that is your cup of tea then by all mean plactic dip the hell out of your car.
Only time I have used Plastidip on a Vehicle was on a used S10 pickup with aftermarket aluminum wheels that were so corroded that that wouldnt clean up. So I plastidipped them and used some red 1/4 pinstripe tape on the Rim to give it some contrast. I would never use it on a nice car though. I know I said black wheels earlier but in this case they looked better black than corroded polished aluminum.
Attached Images

Old 06-08-2016, 08:03 AM   #248
ytown87

Drives: C6 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post

thanks for the permission!
Attached Images

2008 C6 m6. Carbon creations front/rear carbon fiber wodebody fenders. Carbon fiber hood carbon fiber roof hoop carbon fiber zr1 extreme spoiler. NW 102mm tb. Ported intake manifold. Cometic .040 head gaskets. LG motorsports G6x3 cam. DSX flex fuel sensor. AEM methanol kit. Z06 brakes. Ebiach sway bars. ZR1 rep wheels and Nitto Invo tires. Monster stage 3 twin disc clutch. MGW short shifter. Corbeau race seats. Gforce race harnesses. SLP loudmouth 2 mufflers. Carbon fiber exhaust tips. RPM stage 4 transmission and Stage 3 rear diff. 3.73 gears. Vararam cai. Kooks 1 7/8 headers and x-pipe.
ytown87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 08:05 AM   #249
failshift
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytown87 View Post
thanks for the permission!

I feel like a lot of people own camaros that should own 370z's

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LSX376 SLP TVS2300 '13 1LE
Full front half protected by Xpel PPF
Instagram:@Failshift
603hp/547tq
1LE Owners Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/559684050767758/
failshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 08:12 AM   #250
nosmr2

Drives: 2011 L99 SS
Quote:

So the whole Donk thing is just an expensive, comfort killing, money wasting troll? Though I see the point behind it, that just makes it even dumber.

nosmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 08:16 AM   #251
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
I have to say, Butt implants. Worst. Mod. Ever.

Dip that looks like it's been rattle-canned on, Donks, and the murdered-out look... so played out.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 08:49 AM   #252
failshift
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosmr2 View Post
So the whole Donk thing is just an expensive, comfort killing, money wasting troll? Though I see the point behind it, that just makes it even dumber.

This is false. These people are very proud and serious about their mods. It is not satirical. In my experience they believe these are actual improvements

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LSX376 SLP TVS2300 '13 1LE
Full front half protected by Xpel PPF
Instagram:@Failshift
603hp/547tq
1LE Owners Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/559684050767758/
failshift is offline   Reply With Quote