Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 12-16-2017, 10:28 PM   #29
geoffchad

Drives: 2013 ATS M6, 95 Z28 Conv M6 turbo
Is there a way to meter the flow going back through via bypass or tach the turbo with the jacfab vs stock to compare?

I'm curious if there's so much bypass and it's resolved what thatd do on IATs (perhaps a better spot on the turbo map with the fix and less work for the turbo).

As the air is metered and just goes bypass I'm guessing it'd never show up on logs of rpm/maf/iat/load comparisons, really the only way it'd appear is IATs?

Friggin fascinating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
GasFab is the new inside joke.
lol.
geoffchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 04:46 PM   #30
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Start The Machine View Post
Dude, you are the beard of knowledge. I absolutely love and appreciate all the work that you do. What kind of performance gains do you think this will produce? Would you see any gains on a stock tune? You are a mad man. Keep up the good work.
Thanks. I'm not certain on the kinds of gains that might be had out of it, but if its anything like the ford, it should be good. Check out this article:
https://blog.modbargains.com/how-a-b...ord-fiesta-st/

My thoughts on the stock tune, I'm not sure what it will do. The stock tune obviously has a compensation factor built in for the crap factory part. So not real sure how it will react when something that actually seals is put on there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianPowerhouse View Post
Uce, I subscribed the minute the video started and it was about fabrication and machining!

its been said many times in the suspension forum....but this site should have a Fabrication/Machining forum. a lot of talented people here that can create...

also, @ 9:55....if that was what I think it was....AWESOME!!!!

Edit: just finished the vid. amazing. with boosted cars, that leak issue I've always heard of it on certain cars. the fact you just more or less exposed the problem and have a solution to make sure the boost you are commanding is being supplied without extra heat and on a more precise spec...no doubt some of the LTG guys will be in the 11's come 2018 with very few mods. purely amazing!

looking forward to the LFX project as well. maybe theres something i can apply to the LGX. gonna try and tinker and do some stuff to see if I can get my 13.4 into the 12's by the end of 2018 when the autoX seasons ends.
It would be great if the forum had a fabrication/machining area. Maybe it should be suggested?

The more I think about it, I may have some LGX stuff in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
Good find Jason@!! I couldn't help but watch this and think to myself....This is one of those areas where GM engineering, (totally strapped by performance targets VS cost effectiveness) lost the 2 cent/per vehicle cost increase battle, against the bean counting marketing/sales big wigs..
You're probably right. But I don't think there are any decent "factory" parts that would work any better though. Probably just went with what was available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffchad View Post
Is there a way to meter the flow going back through via bypass or tach the turbo with the jacfab vs stock to compare?

I'm curious if there's so much bypass and it's resolved what thatd do on IATs (perhaps a better spot on the turbo map with the fix and less work for the turbo).

As the air is metered and just goes bypass I'm guessing it'd never show up on logs of rpm/maf/iat/load comparisons, really the only way it'd appear is IATs?

Friggin fascinating.

lol.
I'll have to do some research on what can be logged in regards to the turbo. maybe there is something that can be logged in HPT that may show something.

So on Friday, I forgot the stock part on my car at home as I was in a hurry. so I had to drive back home. As I drove I decided to do a "vlog". It was an hour long, so i'll probably break it up a bit into subjects I talked about and upload them randomly. I put one up part up today, I basically talk about my old Chevelles, show some pictures of them, and talk about the current 72 Chevelle I have and the future LS swap. This isn't nearly as entertaining as the last couple videos, but if you want to hear about my past chevelles and plans for the current one, feel free to watch (or just listen, as all I'm doing is driving and talking...)

Last edited by Jason@JacFab; 12-17-2017 at 05:11 PM.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 07:08 PM   #31
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
That's all i do in most of mine. Sit and talk i need to do more lol.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 03:54 PM   #32
Jason@JacFab

Episode 3, making Christmas presents, using my new laser engraver, And doing some electro etching!

https://youtu.be/2HB38j12vlY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-03-2018, 04:00 PM   #33
Jason@JacFab

Episode 4 is out EARLY, as this Friday is my Birthday so I'm going to take the day off.

Ep 4: Constructing a direct port meth injection setup for the LTG

Old 01-03-2018, 08:16 PM   #34
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@ View Post
Episode 4 is out EARLY, as this Friday is my Birthday so I'm going to take the day off.

Ep 4: Constructing a direct port meth injection setup for the LTG

Jason!! Loving this. Thank u sir!!
Old 01-03-2018, 10:03 PM   #35
6th_gen_gino

Drives: 2016 camaro 2.0t gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
Good find Jason@!! I couldn't help but watch this and think to myself....This is one of those areas where GM engineering, (totally strapped by performance targets VS cost effectiveness) lost the 2 cent/per vehicle cost increase battle, against the bean counting marketing/sales big wigs..

6th_gen_gino' is @ 11.9- consistently, in "average" conditions with nothing more than 2 rear DR'S and a gear swap. The jump to 10.9 will be a HUGE step, and a costly adventure..... I personally can not wait for it to unfold.!!!.
V6 guys have some time...(bolt-on/A8/327 swap/100shot/DR=11.x??).
I'm currently running 12.5 on stock tires, 2.0godfathrr is actually in the 11's but he made a bunch of Changes that promises a 10 second pass, which I do believe he will achieve consistently
6th_gen_gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 10:45 PM   #36
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
I'm excited for the 10s pass and even more impressed with gino's slow march towards 11s on street tires. If he gets 11s on street tires I'll be psyched but still got a good .5s for that i think coop hit it on the head DRs and he'll be hitting high 11s easily. Also disproves the gray is the slowest color stigma.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 08:37 AM   #37
geoffchad

Drives: 2013 ATS M6, 95 Z28 Conv M6 turbo
Happy Birthday Jason!
geoffchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 03:24 PM   #38
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffchad View Post
Happy Birthday Jason!
I didn't even know! Thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention! Jason absolutely deserves well wishes from everyone here. He has been an excellent resource, daring innovator, and kind friend to everyone! Happy Birthday old man!
to invalidate anyone's personal views or thoughts, nor is it a condemnation of anyone's
race, religion, sex, sexual preferences, handicaps, or intellectual abilities.
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 11:33 AM   #39
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by oemtech View Post
Happy birthday buddy... you and I were born on the same day. Me just a few years earlier!
Happy belated birthday to you too oldtimertech!
to invalidate anyone's personal views or thoughts, nor is it a condemnation of anyone's
race, religion, sex, sexual preferences, handicaps, or intellectual abilities.
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 12:41 PM   #40
Jason@JacFab

Thanks for the birthday wishes guys... I'm in the shop today, going to work on filming 3 different videos at the same time (time permitting)... If time allows, I'll be doing a vehicle review, doing some finish machining on some parts on my crappy little mill that hasn't been shown yet, and time permitting, I'll fire up the big mill to work on a new part for Overkill.
Old 01-06-2018, 01:25 PM   #41
Jason@JacFab

I got a mad prop! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-07-2018, 03:10 PM   #42
Jason@JacFab

LowGear... A spoof on TopGear, doing a ghetto review of my daily driver beater car

Finished filming one of the LFX spacer machining videos, editing now.