Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-28-2017, 06:54 PM   #169
Illmaticz

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1-1LE
Wow that's a lot of work but looks beautiful. Good luck with your build.
Old 11-28-2017, 07:12 PM   #170
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Re: NOS

“NOS update:
Well NOS Outlet let me down. The order that was paid for via Visa Debit was not approved because I never ordered from them before and I use a USA shipping address in Blaine Washington to avoid customs and duty charges. I live right on the border and it takes me four mins to get into the States. I explained all this to Brandon in their order department in Nitrous Outlet and he would not except my explanation and kept falling back to company policy. In order to avoid fraud, which I can understand. Frustrated, the bank charges and currency exchange on the refund cost me $180 on a $2400 order. So $180 for nothing, thanks Nitrous Outlet.”

Nitrous Outlet came thru!!!!!!

After a few e-mails back and fourth from Nitrous Outlet their manager Brandon is giving me a store credit of $180 to make up for the lose due to exchange fees and bank charges due to their policy on first time international orders. I was originally upset with the treatment I received but after both of us acting like adults and the matter handled professionally from both sides. The outcome was very acceptable. Thanks Nitrous Outlet!!!!
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 11:21 PM   #171
BlackbeastSS2

Well today worked on the Katech 103mm from BTR Brian Tooley Racing. I needed to make a custom air intake for my set up. Took 6 different parts and sheet metal and some screws. I am waiting on my 105 mm top on my Holley High Ram.

Hopefully it’s here this week, this 103mm looks a lot better then the stock TB. Can’t wait to put it on and then adjust my air/fuel tables to coincide with the bigger air glup, this will be my first attempt at HP Tuner.

This BTR TB is the only one I could find with the stock plug in for the wire pedal. I need to find an air filter tomorrow that fits 16 “ Length my 2.5 “ Height.
Attached Images

SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
Old 12-12-2017, 09:00 PM   #172
BlackbeastSS2

Added 105mm Top and 103 mm TB Katech

I changed the stock 92mm Throttle Body today. It was very simple and even know it says calibration required, so far no check engine light on first drive. I plan on holding off on my next tune. I will be adding NOS plate bracket, stand alone fuel system and stand alone purge system. The nos system will be done in stages over the next three months to coincide with spring track opening.

Next project is to add air to fuel gauge, I did get the bung put into header collector this morning before TB change.

Test ride revealed smooth quicker acceleration with an even greater exhaust tone.

Almost forgot, I could not line up my sheet metal front snorkel that will mate with my hood scoop. I need to drill a new hole and a diff location for MAF sensor. I will be doing that shortly.
Attached Images

Last edited by BlackbeastSS2; 12-12-2017 at 09:41 PM.
Old 12-13-2017, 07:04 PM   #173
BlackbeastSS2

Added the Air /Fuel gauge today

Got my exhaust guy to weld in the bung yesterday. Today I hooked up with the gauge. Went thru the sound tube port in the firewall which I no longer use. I undid the console and wired up the gauge to the center console power outlet switch. It’s perfect because it turns on and off when u either start or shut down car. So no more flying blind, got to know my A/F ratio especially with upcoming NOS system.
Attached Images

Old 12-16-2017, 03:23 PM   #174
jlcustomz

Drives: 83 el camaro
Been checking out your thread since you started it.
I'd like to say I agree with your choice of hood scoop opening & building a sheet metal intake for it, but I have a biased opinion. Built mine after custom designing the hood. My butterflies are actually functional , linked to my old cable throttle linkage & also offset butterfly throttle shafts so wind pressure can also force them open past the linkage spring pressure.
20170212_160848 by joe leleux, on Flickr
jlcustomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 03:55 PM   #175
BlackbeastSS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcustomz View Post
Been checking out your thread since you started it.
I'd like to say I agree with your choice of hood scoop opening & building a sheet metal intake for it, but I have a biased opinion. Built mine after custom designing the hood. My butterflies are actually functional , linked to my old cable throttle linkage & also offset butterfly throttle shafts so wind pressure can also force them open past the linkage spring pressure.
20170212_160848 by joe leleux, on Flickr
Very Nice!!!!!! Pop that hood and let me see a pic inside. I like that.

I just finished my 3rd design for scoop/custom air intake and hooked up the tube and MAF sensor, it either goes in today or tomorrow. Actually you just inspired me to finish today with your pic. Off to the garage.

Well got to the garage and installed version 3. Not happy with the finished product but it’s installed and now time for a test drive.
Attached Images

Last edited by BlackbeastSS2; 12-16-2017 at 04:59 PM.
Old 12-16-2017, 06:13 PM   #176
glenB

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
The COPO car has a similar air intake.

Having a fresh air intake so close to the MAF isn't good. Maybe speak with with your tuner about going to an SD tune, if possible. I didn't catch if you're an auto or manual so that may present a problem.
glenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 06:44 PM   #177
BlackbeastSS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenB View Post
The COPO car has a similar air intake.

Having a fresh air intake so close to the MAF isn't good. Maybe speak with with your tuner about going to an SD tune, if possible. I didn't catch if you're an auto or manual so that may present a problem.
Yeah the Copo has one, list price over a 1K just for front fibreglass piece. A8 here, I disconnected battery so Intial drive need to relearn, ran good and sounded great. Placement of MAF should be 10 inches from TB, I am at 8.5. I have AFR gauge so I can tune in with my own HP tuner to get the air flow and fuel setting just right. Taking off for holidays soon so after New Years the NOS system starts to get in during stages.
Old 12-18-2017, 04:00 PM   #178
jlcustomz

Drives: 83 el camaro
Mission accomplished when I manage to inspire someone. I actually dropped my whole radiator/ core support down to make my part be possible. Made from .063 sheet aluminum with 1/2" thick plate for the throttle bodies, all hand fabbed & tig welded. The unfinished intake in the picture below is just sitting loose on existing intake, will be a part of the whole look when done. A few other older pics in flicker link below, lost a lot of pics thanks to photobucket.

DSC_0080 by joe leleux, on Flickr

In case you hadn't noticed yet, I don't have a whole 2016 Camaro. Very in progress looking these days.
jlcustomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 04:51 PM   #179
BlackbeastSS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcustomz View Post
Mission accomplished when I manage to inspire someone. I actually dropped my whole radiator/ core support down to make my part be possible. Made from .063 sheet aluminum with 1/2" thick plate for the throttle bodies, all hand fabbed & tig welded. The unfinished intake in the picture below is just sitting loose on existing intake, will be a part of the whole look when done. A few other older pics in flicker link below, lost a lot of pics thanks to photobucket.

DSC_0080 by joe leleux, on Flickr

In case you hadn't noticed yet, I don't have a whole 2016 Camaro. Very in progress looking these days.
Very nice, above my capabilities. Wish you were my neighbor. Lol
Old 12-29-2017, 06:12 PM   #180
BlackbeastSS2

NOS lines going in now

NOS lines going in right now.

Of course two tunes. Street NA tune and NOS track tune.

Going to run two NOS lines from trunk. One purge bottle and other NOS tank bottle. (So two bottles in trunk). Then run a stand alone fuel system from trunk. Will do the wiring for console panel.

Next Day update: well I ran the two NOS lines, fuel line, and 2 battery lead wires from trunk inside and then used that firewall hole where the sound tube was before. I am actually glad that hole is there now but it’s pretty full now.

Also, I have read a lot about NOS lately and I found this one article that sums it up pretty good in regards to both pro’s and con’s.

http://www.tuneruniversity.com/blog/...-with-nitrous/
Attached Images

Last edited by BlackbeastSS2; 12-30-2017 at 07:59 PM.
Old 01-03-2018, 08:57 PM   #181
BlackbeastSS2

NOS wiring

I spent most of the day wiring up the console switch panel. Took my time and feel I did a good job. I did find a inline blue cube that allows you to splice into a line with out cutting the wire at all. These are great for tapping into a line.
Attached Images

Old 01-03-2018, 09:03 PM   #182
Capt Insaino

Drives: Fifty Anniversary Camaro
I'm curious as to why you ran a separate line and bottle for the purge? Is it mainly for show? Normally a purge solenoid will run behind the nitrous solenoid, and when activated it will provide a shot of nitrous free from any air to the nitrous solenoid.
Capt Insaino is offline   Reply With Quote