Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 11-09-2016, 06:56 PM   #29
DLG63

Drives: 2017 2SS
This happened to me on Monday. A trip to the dealer revealed that GM knows about this problem. My dealer gave me a copy of the bulletin which was dated October 27, 2016. So apparently GM knows there is a problem but doesn't know how to fix it. They are supposedly working on it.

My dealer was very apologetic but said they couldn't start swapping out parts without approval from GM or a CEL message. If (when) it happens again I'll take my car back in and demand that something be done.
DLG63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 10:23 AM   #30
Jhunsberger

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6 (SOLD)
This same thing happened to me like 2 weeks ago with my 2017 1SS 6MT. I parked at work, turned the car off and got the "no remote detected" warning. I messed around a little and the FOB, it wouldn't work or lock/unlock the car. so i locked the car with the button on the door panel. Came into work for about an hour then went back out and everything was fine, has not happened since. I only had 1 FOB with me so it was a 2 FOB issue.
Jhunsberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 11:06 PM   #31
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Just had this happen tonight! Car was not responding so I stood across from it and spammed the unlock button until it worked.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 12:24 PM   #32
squat

Drives: 2011 Dodge Charger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megahurtz View Post
I have 300 miles on my 2017 SS Fifty Edition. I just had this happen to me today. I was washing the car and opened the doors to dry the door jambs. Once I shut the doors the car passively locked as normal. When I went to drive it again my FOB didnt work. I went and got my second FOB. Nothing still. I used onstar app to open my car and then to start it as well thinking maybe it needed a reset of some sort.

I put the fob in the cupholder and still cant activate the car. Says no FOB. So I use onstar app to shut off the car. THEN the car alarm starts going off and Onstar calls me to tell me my car may be getting stolen. I used the app to turn off the alarm. Once I shut the door after that the FOB started magically working.

Weird that so many people are having the same issue. I wonder if its onstar acting up or the FOB receiver inside the car. I'm not going to take it to the dealer because im sure I will also get the "well its working right now so we cant find a problem". However, if it acts up again I will take it in just incase I have to lemon law it.
This sounds like a software issue that only occurs when a very long list of things happens in a certain order.

Guys, we need detailed write ups like this one. As a software engineer the first thing I ask someone that tells me there's a bug is how do I reproduce it. If I can't reproduce the bug I can't fix it. GM probably has engineers trying to reproduce this bug but maybe can't. If we can get details of what happened prior to the fobs not working we can help them.
Old 12-13-2016, 01:21 PM   #33
MPScan

Drives: 2017 FIFTY VERT MANUAL 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megahurtz View Post
I have 300 miles on my 2017 SS Fifty Edition. I just had this happen to me today.
SAME. EXACT. THING.

I have 323 miles on my 2017 SS Fifty Edition and it happened in my driveway today while I was sitting there installing a phone clip. FOB wouldn't work. Went to get FOB #2 inside the house and it wouldn't work either. Since neither FOB worked, it appears it was the car that was the problem. Placed one in cub holder, and car started after a few seconds. Waited ~15 minutes and all is good and both FOBs work again.

Weird.
MPScan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 10:23 PM   #34
Marty McFly

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS
Hey guys this same thing happened to me about 2 weeks ago. I parked the car to go to dinner and the fob would not lock the car or even let me start it again. I believe it gave me the same type of responses you all had. I ended up having to read my manual and completely reprogram the fob right in the parking lot which took over a half hour. Eventually I got it but then the "Theft deterrent" light came on and stayed. It eventually went off after I reprogrammed my second fob the next morning. I believe placing your key fob in the cup holder will cause it to become deactivated eventually since the cup holder is used to activate new key fobs. I could be completely wrong but I now keep the fob in my pocket and have had no issues since.
Marty McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 10:18 AM   #35
Razzaa

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
This issue still isn't fixed�� They replaced the door receivers and it worked well for about 3 weeks. Now it's doing the same thing again. My TPMS also stops working at the same time. There is a new issue now. My seat and mirror memory functions have completely stopped working. I just dropped it off at the dealership. I will report back.
Razzaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 05:49 PM   #36
Razzaa

GM said they think my Radar Detector is causing the issue. I agreed to disconnect it and see if the problem stops.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:09 PM   #37
aarons1le

Drives: Blue 1LE
So got my 1le two weeks ago. The night i got it i came home and then went to go to work and the car wouldnt start. I finally figured out to put it in the cup holder and it worked. Thought the problem was fixed and no more worries.

Well on my way to work tonight it does it again. Got the car to start and got to work. Well then the car didnt like turning off the accessory power nor did it want to lock. To keep from being late I got the power to turn off but then used the lock button on the inside of the door. Closed the door and the remote wouldnt unlock the car. So now i am currently locked out the car.
aarons1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 08:12 PM   #38
aarons1le

Drives: Blue 1LE
how long has it been since your problem becasue i put my key in the cup holder all the time and this could be the problem
aarons1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 08:26 PM   #39
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
^ I kept it out of the cupholder and the problem was gone.
Attached Images

WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 08:51 PM   #40
Candie
The Go Fahst Girl

Drives: 17 2SS
Send a message via Yahoo to Candie
This has happened to me twice in the 6 weeks I have had my car. Thankfully I found a video on how to get the key out of the fob and unlock the door and then put it in the cup holder to start it. I sure hope GM can figure out what is wrong and fix it. It is very aggravating to have to go through the hassle to get in and start the car.
CMRA Novice #904
Team Chasing Danger #91

"Go FAHST or go Home"
Candie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:57 PM   #41
Razzaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candie View Post
This has happened to me twice in the 6 weeks I have had my car. Thankfully I found a video on how to get the key out of the fob and unlock the door and then put it in the cup holder to start it. I sure hope GM can figure out what is wrong and fix it. It is very aggravating to have to go through the hassle to get in and start the car.

If you use the onstar or Chevy app you can lock and unlock your car with it.
Old 01-06-2017, 05:50 AM   #42
Candie
The Go Fahst Girl

Drives: 17 2SS
Send a message via Yahoo to Candie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzaa View Post
If you use the onstar or Chevy app you can lock and unlock your car with it.
Thanks! Hadn't downloaded the app yet but I will now. Much easier that poping that little piece off the door handle.
CMRA Novice #904
Team Chasing Danger #91

"Go FAHST or go Home"
Candie is offline   Reply With Quote