Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-29-2017, 08:39 PM   #127
somedude

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT Convertible Auto V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by trublucamaro View Post
Putting the FOB in the silver section BETWEEN the cup holders is how you start the car with a dead remote battery... wonder if it's affecting operation just sitting in one of the cup holders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly, it is also used when programming a new FOB, so I really believe this could be causing the issue on my Camaro. Only way to know is if other owners notice the same problem with the FOB in the cup holder.
somedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 07:49 PM   #128
TonyNo

Drives: 2016 2SS, SW
Took mine in for this today and was told that the TSB (16-NA-396) doesn't apply to my car. Anyone know of an update to the TSB? The copy that I have does not mention anything but the model years.
Old 10-31-2017, 10:30 PM   #129
somedude

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyNo View Post
Took mine in for this today and was told that the TSB (16-NA-396) doesn't apply to my car. Anyone know of an update to the TSB? The copy that I have does not mention anything but the model years.
Just a quick question, do you put your keys in the cup holder? I have not had this happen since I stopped doing it. I actually place them in my door compartment and problem has disappeared for now, I am hoping it will not return.
Old 11-04-2017, 05:59 PM   #130
TonyNo

Drives: 2016 2SS, SW
Nope, in my pocket.
Old 11-05-2017, 01:24 PM   #131
PatCam

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Having read all the posts regarding this problem, I wondered if GM has corrected this problem on the 2018 car.
PatCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 06:05 PM   #132
somedude

It happened again today!
Old 12-15-2017, 02:02 PM   #133
showtee

Drives: 2017 Camaro Convertible
2017 Camaro Remote Not Detected

I'll try to start the engine, the dash display shows "remote not detected", although I just unlocked the doors... one key in the cup holder and both keys in the cup holder. About two weeks ago, I couldn't unlock the doors to get in the car. Both keys, fail
showtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 02:21 PM   #134
showtee

Drives: 2017 Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by somedude View Post
It happened again today!
I completely understand bruh. The dealership will do something about it when they see it for themselves (if you're lucky enough to experience this problem when you get there). Or when they look in their "database" and read about other people reporting this problem. I'm going to start recording video footage so they can see proof in case the dealer cannot re-create or detect the problem when I bring the car in.
showtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 03:33 PM   #135
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by showtee View Post
I completely understand bruh. The dealership will do something about it when they see it for themselves (if you're lucky enough to experience this problem when you get there). Or when they look in their "database" and read about other people reporting this problem. I'm going to start recording video footage so they can see proof in case the dealer cannot re-create or detect the problem when I bring the car in.
They actually have a TSB regarding the issue. They are well aware of it. Usually it involves replacing the Keyfob sensor and giving you a new set of keys.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 01:48 AM   #136
Razzaa

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Over a year since I started this thread and GM still hasn’t found a fix!!
Razzaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:55 AM   #137
10efra

Drives: 1 Lt 3.6
This sucks one day I remote started the car couple minutes later I walk up to the car try to open it and here I am less than a feet away from my car locked out so went back home got the spare and I'm still unable to unlock the car so I use the app to unlock get in and put the keyfob in the cup holder and nothing remote not detected car still running tho �� as time passed it shut down and I spent a good 15 minutes there until it finally decided to detect the keyfob ( of course I was late for work) has happened a couple times in the past but this time around took longer to fix itself... Next time I go to the dealer i'll ask about it ( I didn't before because I'm scared of them touching it tbh )
10efra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:21 AM   #138
MarkMc26
car wanker

Drives: 2017 2SS, 3 pedals
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaromike77 View Post
This is EXACTLY what I was told when I took mine in for this issue. Police transmitter(s) / interference.
I parked my 2017 2SS at work today in the usual spot in the employee garage (+/- a few spaces), and found out that the fob was dead. It worked just fine to unlock and start the car about 25 minutes prior, when I made a stop on the way to work. I had already locked the doors with the exterior handle buttons, but my OCD-based "hit the lock button on the fob a couple of times whilst walking away to hear it honk, just to really super duper make sure it's locked" did nothing. I couldn't unlock the doors or trunk with any fob or handle button method. I said screw it and headed into the office. Can't get in now, can't get in at 5, same difference.

camaromike77's post is interesting because I recall seeing a police car parked about 50 yards away, with full lights going, behind a disabled car on the adjacent street.

Let's see what happens at 5...

Mark

EDIT: Map added below. Police car was 56 yards away.
Attached Images

Last edited by MarkMc26; 01-12-2018 at 01:26 PM.
MarkMc26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:44 PM   #139
MarkMc26
car wanker

Drives: 2017 2SS, 3 pedals
6:40 pm update: I just got to the car; no cops around. I unlocked the doors and trunk and started the car like normal.

Take note of this before committing crimes. This is some anti-getaway shit, right here.

Mark
MarkMc26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 01:36 PM   #140
Razzaa

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Has anyone had this issue fixed by GM? I’ve been dealing with this for 18 months now!!
Razzaa is offline   Reply With Quote