Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-04-2015, 04:22 PM   #1
desieng

Drives: '11 SW 2SS/RS LS3 Vert
Aggressor 2 Bumper: Group Buy Feeler

Update: We've gotten enough ppl for $720 - still open to add more

Gauging interest in a Group Buy for the Rideskinz Aggressor 2 Bumper. This bumper has been around for a while and quite a few members here have the Aggressor Version 2 bumper installed.
[The V2 is the poly version not the fiberglass version so most of the fitment issues have been resolved].

A few of us are already in for Aggressor 2 (not 3) bumper.

Putting out a feeler to see who else might be interested. Talked to Tony (Rideskinz) and he said he'd work something out depending on the level of interest we've got.

UPDATE: Pricing Structure for Group Buy:

Regular Price is $850 shipped

5 people confirmed: $760 shipped

6 - 10 confirmed: $720 shipped

Members Interested:
1) Desieng
2) Camaroguy89
3) Jester06
4) Dmpsix
5) Mikey D
6) Yimetime
7) Mr teacher
8) ny2ss/rs
9) ttesort1
10) ramahl

Let me know who else is interested.

FAQ:

- Mail-slot is optional and is available at no extra cost
- LED DRL lights are also available at no extra cost
- Shipping is included in price
- Bumper ships unpainted with all necessary hardware to install
- Shipping is an option (if you are in SoCal area).
- Payment will work as follows (will fill this in when Tony confirms the info)

- How low is this bumper? It sits about 1" lower than the current stock bumper (same as if you were to add a lip/spoiler to the stock bumper (but this looks much better ))

Manufacturer Link

Last edited by desieng; 03-23-2015 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Updated list of those interested
desieng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 04:48 PM   #2
KeyWil

Drives: 2011 Blk 1LS A6
Mannnnnnnn I know people love the ZL1 front fascia, and I agree it looks great but.................THAT RIDESKINZ THOUGH!!!!!

If you don't own a ZL1 this is the preferred fascia FOR ME. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be getting one anytime to soon. I will get one, if they're still available lol, when I have my girl repainted. Too many chips and nicks here and there for me to want to add any type of rockers or bumpers at the moment .

Good luck though, this is a killer front fascia!
KeyWil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 07:43 PM   #3
Rideskinz

Drives: SS, ZL1, V6
Thanks guys! Just to add to what desieng said, the new Aggressor 2 (poly)urethane bumpers are made from our new manufacturer (made in U.S.A.) and are much closer to the stock Camaro plastic bumper. They basically changed the mixture of the (poly)urethane to make it much more durable and rigid. If I get a chance, I'll post up a video of the new batch of Aggressor 2 bumpers, I think you'll be quite impressed.
Rideskinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 07:49 PM   #4
whamslam3
Camaro King [^*^*^]

Drives: Apollo 11 Camaro IOM
i am guessing it sits very low though right so i am scared of it hitting. also how much work has to be done to it before it can be painted? would this be a cheaper route then going for the zl1 nose?
Old 03-04-2015, 10:14 PM   #5
TwentyTen2SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Wondering some more information also and if can be done pre painted
Cold Air Inductions CAI • Stainless Power LT's with HFC's • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • APEX Scoop and WW Relocation Kit • VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Custom Dyno Tune • Pfadt 1.25" Lowering Springs • ZL1 Rims on 275 front 315 Rear • custome underlay vinyl wrap • Anvil Spoiler • heritage grill • APR Front Splitter • Custom Emblempros emblems • ZL1 Side Skirts • 416.5 whp 410 torque (CURRENTLY) Up Next: BTR Stage 3 Cam and supporting mods (in garage now)
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 06:57 AM   #6
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwentyTen2SSRS View Post
Wondering some more information also and if can be done pre painted
Their website(link in OP) has additional info, and states pre-painting is available for local orders.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:54 AM   #7
mbluhm019

Drives: Camaro
im interested. what kind of price can they do?
mbluhm019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 09:17 AM   #8
Jester06

Drives: 2013 White L99 SS
Yea I think it'll look sick on my 2013 summit white!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current mods: Pfadt Tri-y Headers with Hi-Flow Cats, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle body, CAI intake by Cold Air Inductions, Apex Air Scoop/Washer relocation set, RX Catch Can, Stainless Works 3" retro Chambered cat back exhaust, Flex Fuel sensor, 3.91 gear ratio, BMR rear trailing arms, BMR Rear Toe rods

Future Mods: GPI's SS3 VVT cam, 3600 stall triple disc torque converter, Fast LSX 102mm throttle body
Jester06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 10:48 AM   #9
desieng

Drives: '11 SW 2SS/RS LS3 Vert
Hey guys, I've updated the first post with pricing info. Let me know who's interested and I'll add your name to the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rideskinz View Post
Thanks guys! Just to add to what desieng said, the new Aggressor 2 (poly)urethane bumpers are made from our new manufacturer (made in U.S.A.) and are much closer to the stock Camaro plastic bumper. They basically changed the mixture of the (poly)urethane to make it much more durable and rigid. If I get a chance, I'll post up a video of the new batch of Aggressor 2 bumpers, I think you'll be quite impressed.
Tony - Post the video for the people to see
desieng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 12:11 PM   #10
Rideskinz

Drives: SS, ZL1, V6
Thanks for all the questions, I'll try to answer them as best as I can:
  • The front bumper ground clearance can be seen in the photos below. Keep in mind that the Camaro in the photos was lowered approximately 1 1/2 to 2 inches. So the ground clearance measurements on stock Camaro height will be different.

I also got this info on the ZL1 bumper ground clearance from another thread on Camaro5:

"Regarding your question on ground clearance, the numbers I'm providing are approximates and assumes the car is still, and is not carrying excessive weight. Customers should remember that driving especially at higher speeds and weight will lower ground clearance.
The clearance between the ground and the air dam is a little over 3.5 inches and about 5.5 inches from ground to the front splitter. The front splitter has about a 9 degree angle from the tire to the splitter, and the splitter sits a bit forward of the Camaro. The customer should remember this as they pull into a parking spot or into a driveway with a steep curb."

So going off these numbers, the Aggressor 2 ground clearance is approximately the same as the ZL1 bumper, plus or minus 1/4 inch. Also, the Aggressor 2 bumper lower splitter has a bit of give so you can adjust it a bit upward for more clearance.

• As with any aftermarket bumper, the Aggressor 2 will need some work to get it installed but nothing a bodyshop or a DIY'er can't handle. Basically holes will need to be drilled out, sanding, grinding, etc. All of this is detailed in the list of instructions that we provide with the bumper.

• We only offer the paint option to local customers due to possible damage during shipment and also potential issues with matching the paint color to your car. However, if you do not have a qualified body shop that can do the work in your area, we may be able to paint the bumper in our shop. Pre-painting will require the bumper to be shipped in a larger box with more packaging which of course will cost more. Also keep in mind that paint and/or bodywork is not under warranty and is sold as-is due to possible issues with color matching and potential damage during shipment. Installation of LED lights and grille mesh will cost extra.

• Price will depend on how many people we can get on board. If we get up to 5 people, the price will be around $760 shipped. If we get 6-10 people the price will be around $720 shipped. Grille mesh can be purchased separately off Ebay and the optional LED lights are included.
Hope that makes sense. Let me know if you have anymore questions. Thanks!
Rideskinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 08:37 PM   #11
Adrian97c

Drives: Wife's 14' IS 250
Almost as nice as my stock 2014 SS bumper. I'm not a fan of the zL1 bumper as you can tell from the first sentence. But if I had a stock 2013 SS bumper, then I would jump on this one! GLWS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
2014 Camaro SW L99, 2SS, RS, NAV, Inferno Orange Interior:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
-License plate LED bulb swap
-12" Sub Kit, BA amp swap
-Oracle ghosted LED sidemarkers
Adrian97c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 10:42 PM   #12
camaroguy89

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
is the mesh and leds still included since they were included in the regular price of $850?
camaroguy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 10:55 PM   #13
camaroguy89

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
also i saw someone with i think it was a v1 and it had the ss vent in it. is that something you can get added on or did he get it done himself?
camaroguy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 07:59 AM   #14
foo.fighter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS IOM M6
it's mentioned that the mesh can be purchased off ebay? got a link?
also is there a mail slot version for this...
foo.fighter is offline   Reply With Quote