Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-16-2017, 07:57 AM   #29
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Drives: Red '79 Z28, '21 Red Hot M6 ZL-1!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ_77 View Post
Easy peasy with the vert. My girls love it. Plenty of room for them too -- just remember to take their shoes off first.
So cute!!!

I bet they'll remember that car for the rest of their lives!

Tara Martin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 11:18 PM   #30
SSTony

Drives: SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to SSTony
my 2 girls are small for their age. I just keep the passenger seat all the way forward so I can get in and put in the 2 year old. The 6 year old sits behind me. Im not saying its as easy as a 4 door but not that bad
Old 11-19-2017, 04:01 PM   #31
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
I just went to a local dealer and test drove an SS coupe, brought my 9 year old son with me and his booster seat. The booster fits, but he could not get the belt into the buckle on his own. Every time he tried the buckle would move down and angle itself where he couldn't press it in. Eventually I was able to get it for him but it took some effort. I also had him sit behind me (I have a 7 year old as well) and test how far I had to move my seat up in order for his feet to fit behind me. Luckily I was still in a comfortable seating position when all was set and done. I'm 5'10", someone over 6 feet might not be as comfortable.
metros11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 01:06 PM   #32
pjz1082

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by metros11 View Post
I just went to a local dealer and test drove an SS coupe, brought my 9 year old son with me and his booster seat. The booster fits, but he could not get the belt into the buckle on his own. Every time he tried the buckle would move down and angle itself where he couldn't press it in. Eventually I was able to get it for him but it took some effort. I also had him sit behind me (I have a 7 year old as well) and test how far I had to move my seat up in order for his feet to fit behind me. Luckily I was still in a comfortable seating position when all was set and done. I'm 5'10", someone over 6 feet might not be as comfortable.
Yes, the seatbelt is a problem. My son cannot buckle his either. I ended up buying a seatbelt extender off Amazon. It works ok. This is not the one but similar...
Attached Images

pjz1082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 01:32 PM   #33
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjz1082 View Post
Yes, the seatbelt is a problem. My son cannot buckle his either. I ended up buying a seatbelt extender off Amazon. It works ok. This is not the one but similar...
I got mine from here: http://www.seatbeltextenderpros.com/
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 04:40 PM   #34
metros11

Quote:
Dude... you may have just sold me on a Camaro.
Old 11-21-2017, 09:25 PM   #35
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by thickstunalex View Post
I wanted to share this picture since when I was shopping for a Camaro, I wanted to know if I could fit a car seat in the back. I had to find out by finding a dealership that would allow a 24 hour test drive, take the test Camaro to Babies R Us, and install car seats to see how they fit.

I'm happy to say that since owning the Camaro (convertible), I've had no issues fitting Christopher back there with a front-facing car seat. The passenger seat can go pretty far back, and I have no issues at 6 ft tall sitting in the passenger seat with Christopher behind me.
It is stuff like this that makes this site such a good resource.

I am going down a nearly identical path that you were. I really want the Z06. However, I need to do the dad thing and have something that I know wont sit in a garage because I cannot take a kid in it. Admittedly, I have heard from a few guys with verts who have had no issues, but I do have concerns about the coupe crowd. I will be going for a coupe, not a vert which does complicate the in and out process. Luckily, it still wouldnt be a daily driver and would mostly be used for day care drop off.

I am 6'0. My plan was to put my 2.5 year old in her front facing seat behind me, and the new born in the rear facing on the passenger side with the passenger side seat all the way up (it wont be in use - we have the family car for when all 4 of us are going out).

While I am still a bit concerned about room in the coupe and loading up/out, these posts always make me feel better as I struggle with pulling the trigger.
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 09:29 PM   #36
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonrider View Post
He is way too little to be forward facing though. My oldest is 3 1/2 and he is still rear facing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by geaux_tigerss View Post
As geaux_tiger posted, I don't see the point in the 3.5 year wait unless your oldest is smaller. Certainly, it is safer if the child can fit. However, my 2 year old is huge for her size and her legs were crammed by rear facing and the seat was past the point of safely remaining a rear facing (based on the slider at the base of the seat).

I would never jeopardize the safety of my own, but I also think the restrictions are extremely conservative and potential over the top in some aspects given many of us sat on regular seats as toddlers. Hell, I sat in the back of a 911 and was snug without a seat.
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 08:13 PM   #37
metros11

Quote:
Well, now that I'm actually in a Camaro, do you recall the buckle type our cars use?
Old 12-04-2017, 11:57 AM   #38
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
Try that in a coupe. I'm sure putting the car seat in the back seat of a convertible is a piece of cake compared to a hard top.
Dangerzoooooone.

SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 06:17 PM   #39
Classic Girl/Modern Car

Drives: 2016 V6 LT2 RS Convertible
Seat belt extenders are FREE from the dealership.
Classic Girl/Modern Car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 03:54 PM   #40
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
went looking at camaros yesterday at the local dealer. Had my son (8) sat in the back of a 2018 SS 1LE. He preferred the seats (room and comfort) over my 2012 2SS convertible.
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 08:22 PM   #41
Mattzkatz

Drives: Not yet, but soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post
went looking at camaros yesterday at the local dealer. Had my son (8) sat in the back of a 2018 SS 1LE. He preferred the seats (room and comfort) over my 2012 2SS convertible.
Have you made it up to Noblesville to see any of the 1LE’s they’ve got yet? The ZL1 I had looked at sold the Monday (2 days) after I looked at it hahaha. They wouldn’t let me drive it b/c they said it was too cold. So what is a person suppose to do? Haul a trailer or arrange a transport truck to buy a car? I haven’t seen any others posted on cargurus or autotrader around us besides them. Was out your way on Sunday, did X-mas w/ the in-laws. They live off 425E out near Danville area off 10th street.

Sorry to derail there guys...is good to know experiences about the 6th gen though. I too am in the market and keep bouncing between a 5th gen ZL1 and a 6th gen 1LE. It will be my DD (I only have a 2mi trip to work if that counts as DD) and a 6yr old and 4yr old. I’ve heard plenty saying they prefer the room of the 5th gen over the 6th, but I have yet to have them side by side and puts the kids in both. Now with winter temps on the norm and lots not wanting to let you joy ride b/c of the tires, it’s nice to see other peoples experiences.
Mattzkatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 04:49 AM   #42
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattzkatz View Post
Have you made it up to Noblesville to see any of the 1LE’s they’ve got yet? The ZL1 I had looked at sold the Monday (2 days) after I looked at it hahaha. They wouldn’t let me drive it b/c they said it was too cold. So what is a person suppose to do? Haul a trailer or arrange a transport truck to buy a car? I haven’t seen any others posted on cargurus or autotrader around us besides them. Was out your way on Sunday, did X-mas w/ the in-laws. They live off 425E out near Danville area off 10th street.

Sorry to derail there guys...is good to know experiences about the 6th gen though. I too am in the market and keep bouncing between a 5th gen ZL1 and a 6th gen 1LE. It will be my DD (I only have a 2mi trip to work if that counts as DD) and a 6yr old and 4yr old. I’ve heard plenty saying they prefer the room of the 5th gen over the 6th, but I have yet to have them side by side and puts the kids in both. Now with winter temps on the norm and lots not wanting to let you joy ride b/c of the tires, it’s nice to see other peoples experiences.
Havent went up to Hare. Champion in Avon has a Red 1LE we sat in didnt drive as it was blocked in by a few other cars. We did start it up and it does sound nice. My son was grinning ear to ear in the back seat (as he does in my current car)
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote