Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-14-2015, 05:40 AM   #29
cb66

Drives: 13 2SS/RS HWSE Camaro # 959
Living one state over from you in Pa.I can say I feel your pain. I had been planning since winter on going to the Camaro VS Mustang showdown in Ravenna Ohio this weekend but that didn't happen thanks to once again mother nature. Its like anymore once we get in a wet weather pattern it stays for a long time ,we havnt had a dry summer here in many years.
Roto Fab CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder series exhaust , Elite Engineering catch can, Range AFM delete ,Oracle LED side marker lights ,Plasma LED DRL Lights & harness, LED License Plate bulbs, Xpel Ultimate paint protection film.
cb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 06:15 AM   #30
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
After our last four winters, a huge rainstorm every weekend is not the earth-shattering event it once was to me. Six months ago it was 8" of snow every weekend and I'd spend most of my saturday shoveling out my Camaro
Old 06-14-2015, 06:26 AM   #31
linc400

Drives: 2012 2LT 45th anniversary convert
I might be odd but I actually enjoy a good thunderstorm with torrential downpour, thunder, and lightning.

However, what we have had here for the last month is gray days with drizzle, light rain, and car shows cancelled and cut short because of it. That I can't stand. And it seems like we get more of it with each very short Chicago summer.
linc400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 06:28 AM   #32
XxNu2theGamexX

Drives: Chevy Impala
so were not riding in the rain?
XxNu2theGamexX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 06:42 AM   #33
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
OK, Got an update.

So I waited till about 10:00 and said, "what the hell" the rain stopped and so I headed out to the car show (Camaro / Mustang shootout) held by NEO Camaro club. Now the route I took takes me through 30 mi thru Amish country. Yea, you are starting to get the picture.

Now you know the Amish still use horse's, right? Well imagine all the "horse pies" on the road I had to dodge on some still wet roads. This drive will make a good road report on the capability of the P-zero tires.

Well, I am happy to report the tires handled great on WET, Horse Pie roads and of course I had to dodge a few carriages on the way.

Got to the show and I was afraid I might smell like horse $**t with all the land mines I had just traversed. When I got out of the car I was pleasantly surprised the car wasn't really that bad. Well after some cleanup the car was ready and I proceeded to enjoy the show.

So, I am happy to report I AM NOT afraid to ride my vert in the rain and can dodge horse crap with the best of them (even with P-zero's). Now you guys with the coups have something to strive for.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 08:28 AM   #34
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
All i can say is........VEGAS BABY!

I used to live in GA with a hardtop, a convertible in GA is totally useless IMO, we have a Jeep Wrangler to prove that theory.
Once we got in Vegas i started scouting out for a vert, since i have gotten it i have driven with the top down 99% of the time.Sure it gets hot here in tne summer, howerver i always pack some goos sunscreen and a good hat for the sunshine, and when it gets too hot then the top comes up, and then i wait till sundown to throw the top back down and do some cruising either down the Strip or to events, etc...
Old 06-14-2015, 10:56 AM   #35
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin14 View Post
OK, Got an update.

So I waited till about 10:00 and said, "what the hell" the rain stopped and so I headed out to the car show (Camaro / Mustang shootout) held by NEO Camaro club. Now the route I took takes me through 30 mi thru Amish country. Yea, you are starting to get the picture.

Now you know the Amish still use horse's, right? Well imagine all the "horse pies" on the road I had to dodge on some still wet roads. This drive will make a good road report on the capability of the P-zero tires.

Well, I am happy to report the tires handled great on WET, Horse Pie roads and of course I had to dodge a few carriages on the way.

Got to the show and I was afraid I might smell like horse $**t with all the land mines I had just traversed. When I got out of the car I was pleasantly surprised the car wasn't really that bad. Well after some cleanup the car was ready and I proceeded to enjoy the show.

So, I am happy to report I AM NOT afraid to ride my vert in the rain and can dodge horse crap with the best of them (even with P-zero's). Now you guys with the coups have something to strive for.
You did an AutoX and a car show in the same day.
SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote