Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-17-2015, 08:31 AM   #267
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeair042 View Post
Can people please stop complaining about the "badging". My god, take the badges off if you hate them so much. I doubt they are welded and held on with gorilla glue. There will be hundreds of aftermarket parts including a front grill so if you dont buy a car because of a grill or badges, you are an idiot.
People are freaking out because some of the 2010 Camaro's badges were held on by bolts. Removing them left two lovely, noticeable holes in your bumper. I think some people are worried that the rear badge especially is held in the same way.

I'm 99% sure it's adhesive though.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:33 AM   #268
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay4190 View Post
One of the pics I see a Bose emblem on the door. That should be better than the previous BA system.
Bose had a tent at the reveal-the only supplier to have one.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:54 AM   #269
Indydriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd in Vancouver View Post
My guess would be 2017 for the 50th Anniversary Edition
I asked a Camaro program manager about the Indy 500 Pace Car and he said,

"Well, you never know but it's an interesting coincidence that next year will be the 100th anniversary of the Indy 500 and the 50th anniversary of Camaro. Seems like there might be a promotional opportunity there."
Old 05-17-2015, 09:14 AM   #270
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
And for the first time , push start/stop button , and no parking brake on the pass side
Like the interior a lot , Inferno orange loks very sexy

Nicely done
Attached Images

oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 09:41 AM   #271
SSCamaroZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1
It's nice but I don't like the overdone lower grills much, the overall interior, the entire front of the base car, both models having the same wheels once again, the copying of the C7 lower door, they didn't carry the side crease to the front and back of the car, and the spoilers. Not sure how I feel about the weaker fender flares. It's not much of a change from the refresh. If they never refreshed the car two years ago this would have more impact. What I do like is the SS front, how they combined the bar style taillight with the rectangle dual quad look of the late and early 5ths, the rims, the sloped up fenders like 1st Gens, the Camaro emblem, and the removal of the fake fins on the side. I want to see one in person to judge it for real though.
2013 Camaro ZL1 M6 Black/Black 21,000 miles. #6944 of 7956. 1 of 1208 black manual coupes.
SSCamaroZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 09:55 AM   #272
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
Well I decided to wait a day before posting my comments just to see if my initial reaction was off. I had a great day at the teveal yesterday and met some really nice folks and saw several cars I absolutely lusted over and wished I owned. Sadly the new Camaro was not one of them. There's no doubt GM built a better car, fit, finish, weight, power, interior, heck ever the paint were all top quality on par or better than the best from Europe. It's a great looking car but it's just not a sexy sports coupe in my eyes. At the risk of being called a Ford fan boy, I find the exterior of the Mustang more pleasing to the eye as it looks longer, lower and wider... more classic in its proportions. On the way home I saw a late 60's Chevelle SS and it reminded me of the new Camaro in proportion and in the greenhouse. An attractive car, and one I'd own, but not what I hoped for I guess. For me, this is the first time in a long time I've thought Ford had the better looking product. Having said that though, this car has raised the bar and Ford has some work to do as looks aren't enough to get me to buy a car. If it were I would have bought a Camaro SS over my Mustang. And for those calling "fanboy", had the ZL1, 1LE or Z/28 been offered when I bought, I might have been parked in the main area yesterday rather than out on the grass.
I can respect that opinion. The exterior is growing on me, but it certainly didn't knock my socks off so to speak. I do like the interior though. But the bottom line to me is performance and I have to believe this is a driver's car that will shine in every aspect. I had no intention of buying a 5th gen until I drove a ZL1 and was blown away, I have to believe the upcoming hi perf version(s) of the 6th gen will be same way.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 10:18 AM   #273
Blackdevil77

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8 GT, Shelby GT500
I think it's a good looking car. I like how they have a lighter chassis now, but I was hoping for more in the exterior design. It looks like it has too much of a Japanese design influence, IMHO. That and it doesn't look like they fixed the visibility problem most people complain about, which I don't understand why they wouldn't when they got the opportunity. I'm almost certain the car will outperform the 5.0 mustang though, unless somebody dropped the ball.
Blackdevil77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 10:33 AM   #274
Kdogg

Drives: Hyundai genesis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Has anyone posted this yet? If so sorry about the repost.

https://www.facebook.com/chevycamaro...822389061669:0
Glad you posted that link,found out it will have a sunroof!
Only thing I need to know now is,with camaro's huge blind spots will it have blind spot detection?
Kdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 10:44 AM   #275
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
I think it's a good looking car. I like how they have a lighter chassis now, but I was hoping for more in the exterior design. It looks like it has too much of a Japanese design influence, IMHO. That and it doesn't look like they fixed the visibility problem most people complain about, which I don't understand why they wouldn't when they got the opportunity. I'm almost certain the car will outperform the 5.0 mustang though, unless somebody dropped the ball.
Comparing the side profiles below, it looks like the 2016 has an even smaller side window and higher belt line, but the rear quarter window does extend slightly more compared to the 5th gen, so maybe that helps (or not). I guess the only way to find out is drive one to compare.

DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 10:47 AM   #276
halo8hkk

Drives: 2000 Z28. 2010 1SS IMB.
love the interior great job. the hood makes it real agressive, but im not a fan of the front. the RS is not to bad but the SS to me looks a bit riced out. but i wasnt a fan of the gen 5.5 eather i like the larger upper grill, to me it is more reminicent of the 69. other than the front i think they did a great job.

2010 1SS/RS = Mysstique
Whipple Supercharger
Dyno= 618hp 555tq at the wheels
IMB Silver Stripes
VIN#44025
Born: 9/9/09 Delivered: 9/28/09
halo8hkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 10:47 AM   #277
Indydriver

Hey wait a minute! Where are the gills?
Old 05-17-2015, 10:58 AM   #278
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydriver View Post
Hey wait a minute! Where are the gills?
Sleeping with the Fishes....
Old 05-17-2015, 11:05 AM   #279
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkPhx View Post
Comparing the side profiles below, it looks like the 2016 has an even smaller side window and higher belt line, but the rear quarter window does extend slightly more compared to the 5th gen, so maybe that helps (or not). I guess the only way to find out is drive one to compare.

Don't forget, the new roofline is also an inch lower
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 11:09 AM   #280
tonicmole

Drives: 2012 2LS Camaro
I guess I'm just a downer Debbie, but 275 hp 4 cylinder, and watered down 5th gen appearance doesn't really get me excited. First off, realize that the majority of the 6th gen's on the road are going to be 4 cylinders. So, just like the Fox body Mustang, it will be defined by it's weakest link. I easily see Camaro's becoming a joke among performance circles when thousands of 4 cylinders hit the street. Especially considering the 4 cylinder Mustang is over 300 hp. The 4 cylinder Camaro is basically a giant ricer. The only justifiable reason for it's existence is that it'll be really cheap. It has no performance, and get's the same fuel mileage as the past V6's. On a bright note, the Brembo brakes, and 455 hp SS is neat. However for me, I'm gonna probably skip this gen. Welcome to 1972.
tonicmole is offline   Reply With Quote