Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Thread Closed

Old 11-19-2017, 03:55 PM   #57
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
LOL, why even go over there? I have no idea what they talk about or do over there. They seem to be the ones always coming over here. And they pick very creative names (like "SSFriendly") and yet do nothing but promote Mustangs and down play Chevys, lol!! In fact, Mustang guys make up the biggest trolls on the planet. They troll every forum and FB group like they have nothing better to do. I saw a whole score of them get booted off several pages and forums for trolling. I wonder if people buy Mustangs and then start trolling or if people who are prone to trolling are somehow attracted to Mustangs...I would go troll them but they already have it bad enough.
haha. jeezus that is hilarious. And they just regurgitate thePills bs all over the net too. Every forum, I agree. Even trolled the GTR forums saying the GT350 was an overall better car than the GTR. I'm like, stop it already. I wonder if they troll the McLaren, Viper, and Porsche forums and tell those guys the Mustang GT is an overall better car than the Turbo S.
Old 11-19-2017, 06:02 PM   #58
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiGiam View Post
That made me laugh. I saw on the 6th gen Facebook group that a guy ran his stock camaro vs an 18 mustang gt and got him by a car every race.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...t-11111-a.html

indirect link to a computer generated race between a 17 ss and 18 gt

spoiler...Camaro wins
Old 11-19-2017, 06:26 PM   #59
SSfriendly
Banned

Drives: Looking
Below is a link to a WOT run with the new digital dash. While this is a tuned version, I think the real point here is seeing how well the new 10 speeds do with keeping the RPMS in meat and potatoes portion of the coyotes powerband. I wouldn't underestimate how much of performance increase comes from the new 10 speed transmission alone.

https://www.facebook.com/LundRacing/...9208076542519/
Old 11-19-2017, 06:29 PM   #60
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...t-11111-a.html

indirect link to a computer generated race between a 17 ss and 18 gt

spoiler...Camaro wins
I'll quote HioSSilver. "Well at least it's closer now"

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
Old 11-19-2017, 07:02 PM   #61
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSfriendly View Post
I've seen a few claims that no way could the GT that late model ran be stock...and that changing tire pressure meant it was no longer factory stock. Some were claiming that they had to have removed the 2lb air pump out of the trunk and possibly other items. All excuses.

PP2 isn't released until next year.

Otherwise, it sounds about right. Until we find out what times a base GT can lay down...we just don't know.

As for the being underrated...I agree, it's total BS. so far the data suggest the new GT is on par with the HP to weight ratio of the camaro, which would put it right at its advertised numbers.

And yes, the GT is just catching up. Unless the GM camp comes out with something else within the next few years, it will remain this way until the S650 comes out.
This is the Mustang MCE. They caught up in a straight line, bit did they in braking and handling? It's common knowledge the Camaro MCE is coming 2019. It will be unveiled in the next few months.

Seems to me the Mustangs performance will be almost as good for this year, then return right back to where it nearly always is.
Old 11-19-2017, 07:08 PM   #62
SSfriendly
Banned

Drives: Looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
This is the Mustang MCE. They caught up in a straight line, bit did they in braking and handling? It's common knowledge the Camaro MCE is coming 2019. It will be unveiled in the next few months.

Seems to me the Mustangs performance will be almost as good for this year, then return right back to where it nearly always is.
Stopping depends. They are close currently, but it ultimately depends on grip...which until the new PS4 tires on the mustangs has been heavily in the camaros favor. I'm sure the magnetic suspension will help out with brake dive/weight transfer on those optioned vesicles, ensuring optimal traction as well.

Who's to say though what happens to the camaro in 2019. If a horsepower increase doesn't happen, then things will remain close until the S650.
Old 11-19-2017, 07:57 PM   #63
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:

Why would the performance change? GM MCEs are almost always cosmetic only.
Old 11-19-2017, 08:30 PM   #64
big hammer

Drives: 2002 ws6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Why would the performance change? GM MCEs are almost always cosmetic only.
Historically the camero gets power bumps throughout its generation life. Like the 3rd and 4th gens. The 5th Gen was more the anomaly
Old 11-19-2017, 10:11 PM   #65
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:

Chevy would have to do very little to put the GT way behind it again. The Camaro could get more upgrades and they really wouldn't lose their customer base if the price went up slightly. It would be a different story for the GT as it already got a significant price hike. I think keeping up with the Camaro in the next generation for both cars would make the Mustang too expensive. And I doubt it'll brake and corner as well as the SS.
Old 11-19-2017, 10:12 PM   #66
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
Historically the camero gets power bumps throughout its generation life. Like the 3rd and 4th gens. The 5th Gen was more the anomaly
That really doesn't make a lot of sense, it's a lot of HP/ci already and further improvements would take a huge amount of re-engineering, something that you don't want to do unless you are starting from scratch. What exactly would you expect to see? Engineers have to make sure that the modifications are safe and reliable in a variety of extreme environments, not just in the south in the humidity, or in the desert in the heat, or by the beach where it's always nice. It's a pretty big deal to drop a new engine in there.
Old 11-19-2017, 10:15 PM   #67
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
The last vehicle to get a mid-model power bump was the 2008 Corvette swapping an LS3 in to replace the LS2. Since then...engine applications have stayed static until a new model, or new model years comes around.
Old 11-19-2017, 10:37 PM   #68
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
4th gen saw upgrades at the end, GTO did and so did the c6. C7 saw transmission upgrades. At a minimum it will most likely get the a10.

I've said before, but the new trucks are rumored to be getting skip fire DOD and there have been slight rumors of a LT-2. It's not a given, but it's possible. As said, the 5th gen is the only Camaro that didn't get power bumps.

It won't need a power bump to stay ahead, but who doesn't like more power???
Old 11-20-2017, 07:45 AM   #69
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
GM COULD do a little power bump but they do not really have to. It took Ford this long to catch up. And we still don't know how well it'll do with cornering. So I say just leave it alone. They still can't beat the ZL1, ZL1-1LE, Z51 Stingray, GS, Z06, ZR1...so why even waste time with them anyway? Chevy and Dodge are the top dogs and Ford is just somewhere in the 12s doing Ford stuff like catching fire and running people over.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:13 AM   #70
hyped1le

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE Hyper Blue
Dont see a power bump happening and one is not needed

The new LT1 is brand new already if anything just cosmetic changes to bumpers/lights

I did read somewhere they are going to offer some official performance bolt on packages by GM and are under warrenty

Closed Thread