Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-30-2023, 11:47 AM   #1
lynyrd

Drives: Camaro 2.0 LT 2018
Send a message via Skype™ to lynyrd
Prevention against water infiltration in the boot.

Hello,
If you have the fuse box and the amp in the back of your trunk, to prevent them from blowing out if you have water infiltration (which happened to me), here is how I moved them.
The fuse box is held with a colson clip et l'ampli est fixé dans l'armature de l'aile.
Attached Images

2018 Camaro 2.0 LT Turbo, Conversion to ethanol E85, K&N Typhoon filter, Front Bumper and rear diffuser ZL1/1LE, LED headlights
lynyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 12:02 PM   #2
JTS

Drives: 2023 ZL1 A10
Your molded carpet piece's may not fit , but for you going thru what you did , that issue is elementary in my book. Glad you car fixed. Sure would be nice to know where the water was coming in at .
Old 01-30-2023, 12:18 PM   #3
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
So, you did get a new amp? Glad you got it all back.

JTS, I think water just came in when he had trunk lid ajar to charge battery in the rear. Unfortunately, it seems it's just easy for water to get in unless trunk is completely closed. Not the first report of this by any means.
probably overkill what lynyrd is doing with mounting the stuff up higher. But I get it, as this has been an ordeal, and a costly one at that.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 01:08 PM   #4
JTS

Drives: 2023 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlz View Post
So, you did get a new amp? Glad you got it all back.

JTS, I think water just came in when he had trunk lid ajar to charge battery in the rear. Unfortunately, it seems it's just easy for water to get in unless trunk is completely closed. Not the first report of this by any means.
probably overkill what lynyrd is doing with mounting the stuff up higher. But I get it, as this has been an ordeal, and a costly one at that.
I hope there's not a flaw, and was trunk lid ajar. There was I think another Thread with water intrusion,I wonder if they left trunk ajar.
None the less, I'll be keeping this in my memory bank for if I get caught in the rain. Here in the Desert normally doesn't rain alot other than Monsoon season June to mid September, and not the cruise in/Car show weather daily over 105 degrees.
Old 01-30-2023, 01:52 PM   #5
ctrlz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTS View Post
I wonder if they left trunk ajar.
I garage my car, but I have noticed how easy it is to think the trunk is closed when it is unlocked. it does not pop too high.
My guess is water is hitting the trunk lid and tracking around the lid to drip from its underside.
Old 01-30-2023, 02:41 PM   #6
lynyrd

Quote:
Your molded carpet piece's may not fit .

If as I placed them the carpet is back in place, there is no deformation, it does not show!

2018 Camaro 2.0 LT Turbo, Conversion to ethanol E85, K&N Typhoon filter, Front Bumper and rear diffuser ZL1/1LE, LED headlights
Old 01-30-2023, 02:51 PM   #7
lynyrd

Quote:
So, did you buy a new amp? Glad you got it all back.
No, it's an opportunity and you don't have to program it, it's plug and play.
Quote:
I think the water just came in while he had the trunk lid ajar to charge the battery in the back.
No, the lid was closed, the first time, the second time, the lid wasn't completely closed, but I don't think it came from there, it's the gasket in the middle that's badly positioned.

Quote:
probably overstating what lynyrd is doing by scaling things higher. But I understand, because it was an ordeal, and costly as well.
I prefer to put them higher and have no more trouble and it cost me $480 for the fuse box and the amp plus I had 9 speakers in addition to the amp.

Old 01-30-2023, 02:54 PM   #8
lynyrd

Quote:
I hope there is no fault and the trunk lid was ajar. There was, I think, another wire with water intrusion, I wonder if they left the trunk ajar.
The seal must be well positioned in the middle and pay attention when closing the trunk lid that the harness is not stuck.

Old 01-30-2023, 03:24 PM   #9
ctrlz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynyrd View Post
No, it's an opportunity and you don't have to program it, it's plug and play.
Can you post a link to the opportunity amp that will substitute for the Bose? Never heard of this!
Old 01-31-2023, 07:46 AM   #10
lynyrd

Quote:
Can you post a link to the opportunity amp that will substitute for the Bose? Never heard of this!
It should be easy to find in a car junkyard.
In Europe it is rare to find wrecks of American cars, Lithuania is the main importer of damaged cars, some are repaired and others are dismantled and resell the parts, via Ebay or sites specialized in used parts.

Old 01-31-2023, 10:50 AM   #11
Wobble Goat

Drives: Camaro 1SS
I too noticed water in my trunk. I soaked it up and got it out, but it is something that every owner needs to be aware to check on from this design flaw!
Wobble Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 11:13 AM   #12
lynyrd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobble Goat View Post
I too noticed water in my trunk. I soaked it up and got it out, but it is something that every owner needs to be aware to check on from this design flaw!
A piece of advice, so as not to have the fuse box and the amp out of order, it is better to put them as I did, on the sides.

Old 02-01-2023, 08:57 PM   #13
Whitespeed

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE & 1973 Datsun 240Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynyrd View Post
The seal must be well positioned in the middle and pay attention when closing the trunk lid that the harness is not stuck.

What seal is this? Pictures?

Nigel
Whitespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 10:00 AM   #14
lynyrd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitespeed View Post
What seal is this?
Nigel

What is your question?