Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-20-2015, 05:04 PM   #1
Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Savage Setsuna

Drives: 16' 2SS, 12 ZL1, RIP Sasuke
Send a message via MSN to Heaven_is_inferno_orange Send a message via Yahoo to Heaven_is_inferno_orange
F150 vs my SS

Warning pictures that will make Camaro lovers cry tears of agony ahead.

11/24/15 worst day ever. It was so bad that its taken me this long too say anything about it. My TA wouldn't start, battery had went dead, so I decided to uncover my baby -my 2011 SS that is used as a show car- to take to work and go to my MMA class. Im sitting at a dead stop with my turn signal on waiting to turn left off the highway and into the drive to my MMA class. Cars were slowing down and driving onto the shoulder of the road to go around me. I look up into my rear view just in time to see it. A white F150 hurtling at me. No time to avoid it. Kid rams into me so hard he shoves me and Sasuke (my Camaro) at least 100 ft forward. Head gets slammed into the headrest and it feels like im floating for what seemed like forever. I have no clue how or when the car actually came to a stop. OnStar was talking to me, strangers at my window, my head is pounding and im in a daze. I took a nice ride to the ER via ambulance. Had CT scan done and all that. Bad whiplash, seat belt burns, and bruising where the steering column came apart and in my shocked daze I had let it go and it hit my leg. The truck that hit me had been traveling at least 55 mph and witnesses told me the guy never even slowed down. Aside from my head still having terrible headaches every day im alright and the other driver lived to. I was wearing my seatbelt which im positive saved my life and kept me from flying thru the windshield on impact. The Ford deployed all air bags and shoved the engine into the cabin. Sasuke took a beating however my cabin remained intact and the rear glass didn't even break. GM built one heck of a car for sure. This whole ordeal has been more emotionally devasting than anything. I love that car. its got so much of my heart and soul in it as well as a great deal of sentimental value -it was a gift from my husband the day after my daddy died to make me smile again. So right now Ive been fighting tooth and nail to keep Sasuke from the grave yard and get enough money out of the insurance company to fix him. I have an attorney but man the insurance company is killin me. I just want my buddy back in one perfect piece again. I don't want a new one, I want him.

Heaven_is_inferno_orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 05:21 PM   #2
anth331

Drives: 12SS
Glad that you are ok
anth331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 05:28 PM   #3
Caseyls3

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Convertible
That really sucks - glad you are OK. We get emotionally attached but, in the end, it is just a car. On to an upgrade!

2011 Camaro SS/RS Vert - Jewel Red Tintcoat, 6M, 231/247 Comp Cam, Kooks headers, Borla ATAK, ATI under drive pulley, Richmond 4.10s, LS9 clutch, Hurst shifter, BMR Springs
Caseyls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 05:33 PM   #4
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
I don't really think that will ever drive right if they tried to fix it.. Best thing to do since you like it so much is to get the same exact one low mileage. So it was his fault? Why were cars driving on the shoulder to get around you?
Old 12-20-2015, 05:33 PM   #5
IMPERIALBLUE2SS

Drives: 2010 imperial blue LS3 M6 2SSRS
Wow! Glad your Ok!
IMPERIALBLUE2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 05:37 PM   #6
tomlink

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
Send a message via Skype™ to tomlink
I can feel your emotional attachment. I literally cried when I sold my previous car which was a gift from my mom.

But your baby is gone. That much rear end damage, even if it can be mostly repaired, will make the car a nightmare. If the insurance company totals it - take it and move on.
tomlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 05:38 PM   #7
redirish

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS/M6
Glad you survived and in time you will feel better. Im sad to see what happened to your car and its not even mine. Hope it all works out for you. I always wonder in this situation if the driver who caused this type of accident was texting while driving. I work at a college and all the "kids" text all the time. While they drive, while they walk, its Insane!
redirish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 05:39 PM   #8
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Wow, I don't know what to say except firstly, glad your ok.

I would feel the same way, heart and soul. From the looks of it, they'll total the car. Did you have a special policy to cover the changes to Sasuke?

I do with mine as you never know, and I can tell you from experience, insurance companies will do their best to not pay for it. You'll be fighting them until you give, or not paying will cost them more money.

May be a good time for you to upgrade to,a ZL1!

Keep us posted...

-Don (former Kentuckian, now Texan for 23 years...)
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 05:47 PM   #9
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeless Man View Post
I don't really think that will ever drive right if they tried to fix it.. Best thing to do since you like it so much is to get the same exact one low mileage. So it was his fault? Why were cars driving on the shoulder to get around you?
Because most people not me are in that dam big of a hurry they just can't wait. I was coming thru a small town. A car in front of me made a stop to let a pedestrian go across the road I stopped to wait to. This car coming up behind me couldn't wait passed on the right shoulder and hit the pedestrian. And it was a legal crossing with the pedestrian cone in the middle of the road.

The bad part was the pedestrian crossing was in a wheel chair.
Old 12-20-2015, 05:58 PM   #10
MikosV6
Account Suspended

Drives: '15 Camaro 1LS/M6
Even if they could fix it, I don't think you would want the car back. With that much damage, everything in the car including all the sensors and electronic hardware went through a significant G-force pulse when the initial impact happened. All of the little soldered joints, connections and hardware were jolted pretty badly so you may have nightmare electrical problems in the future.

I think at this point, I would just write it off and try to find another one. If the 5th gen is your favorite style, you can probably pick up a new 2015 for a pretty good price right now. If you have to have that same year and color again, I'm sure you can find another one somewhere. If there is a will, there's a way.

I had a lot of blood, sweat and tears work done to my Titan when it got wrecked. However, I decided to go into a totally different direction this time by getting a Camaro. And, I'm loving every minute of it, but I do miss my Titan sometimes whenever I see another one on the road.

Last edited by MikosV6; 12-20-2015 at 07:09 PM.
MikosV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 06:35 PM   #11
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
The car has a lot of nice parts on it, might be lucrative to buy it back from the insurance company after they total it and part it out.
Old 12-20-2015, 07:03 PM   #12
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Ughhhhhh..... I saw the title and came in here to move this to the Camaro VS section.

So very sorry to see this. One of the best Camaros out there too. Glad you're Okay
Old 12-20-2015, 07:23 PM   #13
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Wow Glad you're ok . Heel up . You can replace the Camaro with another .
Old 12-20-2015, 07:48 PM   #14
DarrenJ

Drives: '67 Camaro ZZ4 & 2010 IOM 2SS
That's a total loss, you don't want that back as hard as it was hit....
DarrenJ is offline   Reply With Quote