Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-14-2016, 11:51 AM   #85
ytown87

Drives: C6 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheaded View Post
Yea, he's not lane splitting to be safe, he's lane splitting like an a-hole. Coming from a biker I think lane splitting shouldn't be legal over 10mph and at least 3 lanes of traffic. If you're going faster than 10mph, there's no reason to lane split because traffic isn't congested enough.
x1 to this.

It is also funny how less upset people get over street racing stories than a motorcyclist weaving through traffic. Neither is the right thing to do but lets be honest, the street racing is way worse.

I'm a biker as well and when I hear people get mad a bikers I usually want to tell them to stfu and mind their business or let it go bc they didn't hurt you or your car. This honestly wasn't that bad compared to what I see down here in FL. Annoying? yes, but worth taking it upon yourself to tell him how to ride? no not at all. A lot of people get mad mainly bc it just doesn't seem fair the bikers can split lanes like that. Go overseas and this is actually normal and legal. Getting mad about it and wanting bikers to get ran over or whatever else just justifies the theory to ride as if everyone is trying to kill you. I personally would rather see the biker, even if riding like an a$$, than not see him and run him off the road. Hard enough to see cars and trucks out of my Camaro as it is.
2008 C6 m6. Carbon creations front/rear carbon fiber wodebody fenders. Carbon fiber hood carbon fiber roof hoop carbon fiber zr1 extreme spoiler. NW 102mm tb. Ported intake manifold. Cometic .040 head gaskets. LG motorsports G6x3 cam. DSX flex fuel sensor. AEM methanol kit. Z06 brakes. Ebiach sway bars. ZR1 rep wheels and Nitto Invo tires. Monster stage 3 twin disc clutch. MGW short shifter. Corbeau race seats. Gforce race harnesses. SLP loudmouth 2 mufflers. Carbon fiber exhaust tips. RPM stage 4 transmission and Stage 3 rear diff. 3.73 gears. Vararam cai. Kooks 1 7/8 headers and x-pipe.
ytown87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 12:06 PM   #86
Sales@Phastek

Drives: 2016 1SS
I ride a motorcycle as well and hate to hear stories like this one. It gives other people bad names. Here in Houston some guys split lanes, I do kinda move over to let them through but only to make sure they dont hit me. They are going to do what they want and it will eventually catch up to them.

NOT ALL bikers are like this. I have a CBR1100 XX and ride with a bunch of others that have cruisers (domestic and import). We just enjoy our time, like a dog with its head out the window.

Sorry OP for what happened, I hope it all worked out for ya.

Thank you,
Ricardo
Old 04-14-2016, 01:27 PM   #87
scandata

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS vert, Spring Green Edtn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy82 View Post
Is that any different than getting a new thread every week about how a camaro owner thinks their exhaust is too quiet and they want to make it louder?
I'll probably take some crap from the exhaust guys here, but I think that's dumb as hell too. My SS is stock, and I still wish it was quieter. I have to leave for work a few hours before sunrise and feel guilty when I start my engine each morning.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/scandata/sigpic_zpsxmxmbipg.jpg
scandata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 01:47 PM   #88
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
A-Holes are A Holes in Camaros or on Bikes. Just SEEMS like a LOT more are on Bikes.

When you pull up on the drivers side of a vert with your hog and WOT, it wasn't necessary or an accident, and could actually damage that persons hearing for life...
Old 04-14-2016, 03:12 PM   #89
CamaroJim56
Obsessed

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS RS
A law that, in my opinion should be removed in CA. It is dangerous.

2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
CamaroJim56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 03:17 PM   #90
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scandata View Post
I'll probably take some crap from the exhaust guys here, but I think that's dumb as hell too. My SS is stock, and I still wish it was quieter. I have to leave for work a few hours before sunrise and feel guilty when I start my engine each morning.
I'm not surprised since this is coming for you lol
Old 04-14-2016, 03:30 PM   #91
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Though I do not wish our car was any quieter, your thought process is why we had to order our car to avoid the NPP that was on every 1LE in the we could find. Never did anything to make my bike exhaust any louder either.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 07:51 PM   #92
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
These sons a bitches are the worst.......

rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 09:04 PM   #93
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
Quote:
When the lane splitter is about 3 car lengths back you open your door to empty out your ash tray or something. Give him enough room to stop, but not enough to keep him from getting pissed about it.
Ash tray? It's 2016
Old 04-15-2016, 12:50 AM   #94
angryv6
Lake Erie Monster

Drives: 02 Hyundai Santa Fe and 13 300
Quote:

Two questions, Are you over sixty? Do you live in a retirement community?
Old 04-15-2016, 12:56 AM   #95
angryv6
Lake Erie Monster

Drives: 02 Hyundai Santa Fe and 13 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by ytown87 View Post
x1 to this.

It is also funny how less upset people get over street racing stories than a motorcyclist weaving through traffic. Neither is the right thing to do but lets be honest, the street racing is way worse.

I'm a biker as well and when I hear people get mad a bikers I usually want to tell them to stfu and mind their business or let it go bc they didn't hurt you or your car. This honestly wasn't that bad compared to what I see down here in FL. Annoying? yes, but worth taking it upon yourself to tell him how to ride? no not at all. A lot of people get mad mainly bc it just doesn't seem fair the bikers can split lanes like that. Go overseas and this is actually normal and legal. Getting mad about it and wanting bikers to get ran over or whatever else just justifies the theory to ride as if everyone is trying to kill you. I personally would rather see the biker, even if riding like an a$$, than not see him and run him off the road. Hard enough to see cars and trucks out of my Camaro as it is.

That's probably why so many riders oversea lose their lives or end up a mangled mess.
Old 04-15-2016, 01:39 AM   #96
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by angryv6 View Post
Two questions, Are you over sixty? Do you live in a retirement community?
I don't think it's that so much, as some people just don't like loud for the sake of being loud. Heck, I can get away with a lot more "fun" being stock quiet than telling every cop, constable and sheriff "here I come" with loud a exhaust. There's something classy about "silent power". But then, I am closer to 60 than I am 30, so there ya go.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 01:50 AM   #97
AzItaliaSS

Drives: 2010 2ss RJT LS3 GONE....
Yeah..safer..ok

Yeah... much safer.. LMAO
I love how your doing 35 and traffic is doing 10 and a simple slow lane change is too much to get out of the way of. Although I see crotch rockets always breaking laws, I am glad atleast we don't justify it here in AZ by making it so called "legal" and say its "safer"

https://youtu.be/Kz4ZGqfwNEM

VARARAM, SWSP 1 7/8 LT'S,X-PIPE,CAT DELETE,DYNOMAX RACE BULLETTS, LSR SHORT SHIFTER ,CUSTOM BLACK EMBLEMS,MPD1 SPOILER, HP TUNE BY GEARHEAD GARAGE, INTERIOR ABL LIGHTING, CUSTOM STRIPING BY BEAVER STRIPES, EIBACHS
AzItaliaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 06:15 AM   #98
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
There's some really interesting views on this topic here but I will tell you this, it's not legal to lane split here in MA, if it was I would not do it as it's a recipe for disaster at anything over a few miles an hour. I suppose in an emergency or in the event I deemed it absolutely necessary and I did do it and someone intentionally opened a door on me or purposely tried to in some way harm me pray to god you kill me. Everyone thinks they're a hard ass but you never know who or what you may end up dealing with. With that said, I do speed now and then, I do pull over and do hole shots and do have loud exhaust on both my car and my bike but I am also RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote