Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 01-05-2014, 08:17 PM   #589
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by macwest View Post
FBodFather I have a question ....

Can we please say the z28 WILL NOT have onstar? For weight reduction it adds pounds and for how the z28 is designed would seem to be completely useless.
I think I can answer this one. From all the photos that I've seen of the Z (and seeing it at the NYIAS last year) it has the antenna on the roof and I believe that it's been mentioned before that it will be standard on the car as in previous models due to legality issues since it is a street legal car.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:21 PM   #590
macwest

Drives: 10 Camaro 2SS/RS, 70 Cuda, 71 Cuda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
I think I can answer this one. From all the photos that I've seen of the Z (and seeing it at the NYIAS last year) it has the antenna on the roof and I believe that it's been mentioned before that it will be standard on the car as in previous models due to legality issues.
I hope not this is the last year before big brother requires stupid black boxes in cars and completely hate onstar. With the technology the idiots have the ability to listen in. With the z28 only having one speaker and no radio why have it?
Old 01-05-2014, 08:22 PM   #591
Bad@ssCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novie LE View Post
Honestly your passion and time is great. But with all due respect, outside of brand loyal customers, no one truly gives a shit about any of this. I owned a 5.0 and traded it for a 1le. My ford friends bitched and complained and made one line jokes like I gave a shit. I am not and never will be loyal to a company. I will simply buy whatever I think fits my needs and i have yet to own more than one performance car from the same company. For me it's been Nissan, Mazda, BMW, Ford and now Chevy. And guess what my next car will be whatever is nice in 2-3 years. It could be a Kia or a Benz....doesn't bother me as these are all toys.

Last edited by mlee; 01-05-2014 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Rude Posts
Old 01-05-2014, 08:25 PM   #592
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
In California the dealers will add $20,000 to this.
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:28 PM   #593
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
I'm at a loss here.

I really hate having to get snappish with people - I really do.

However, put yourselves in the Camaro Team's place.

You have gone thru amazing times (not good times) during bankruptcy - and you manage to still bring out a new Camaro that's the spitting image of the concept car.

It's embraced by all -- except a few from brand x who will always love their brand and dislike the Camaro brand - and that's fine....that's part of what drives this business. (....I DO believe that brand x people should behave themselves on this site -just as I believe camaro people should when visiting brand x's enthusiasts sites and if you're not - you're disgracing the camaro community....

We brought you cars from 323 hp to 580 -- Camaros that will shame cars costing many times more. We have worked hard to bring you performance parts to allow you to tailor your Camaro to your liking.

We didn't just trust ourselves - rather we go out into the internet sites and read 'til our heads are about to explode.

We travel nearly every weekend to spend time with our enthusiasts.

MOREOVER - we brought together the camaro advisory board (the Camaro Disciples) -- to ensure we were listening to the community including GTO/Firebird/Corvette Enthusiasts... something that no other brand has done up to this point.......

We constantly strive to bring you the best bang for the buck even though we face more and more government regulations and rules - and CAFE numbers that choke most people in the industry.....

.........and yet we just brought you the meanest Camaro ever - the Z/28 - reborn in its original image and purpose....and priced it as a bargain WHEN YOU CONSIDER ALL YOU GET AND WHAT THE DEVELOPMENT COSTS ARE.

yes - we could have cut corners. We didn't have to reduce the weight of the glass....we didn't have to reverse engineer the HVAC system to remove A/C -- we didn't have to do the hundreds upon hundreds of changes to make this car blisteringly fast on Nurburgring (and we still haven't published the final numbers as the car received many tweaks after that day in the rain...) BUT - when you are dealing with a HALLOWED nameplate like Z/28 - you don't cut corners. We set out with a complete set of criteria - and in order to EARN the right to put the Z/28 nameplate on the car - we had to check all the boxes. Al and his team checked them all AND THEN SOME.

........we managed to outsell Mustang for the 4th year in a row....and that's with less incentives and substantially less fleet sales........

.............and yet we still have 'armchair engineers' who question everything we do. ....

It's one thing to question - it's another to get insulting and even another to simply refuse to listen to reasonable explanations.

Number 3 and Lowdown do not work for GM. Yet they continually spend time on here sharing their vast knowledge - and yet people bash them.

THIS is why I lose my patience - I shouldn't -- but I'm human and I'm getting too old for this perhaps...............

So - to those of you who understand what this car is and what it isn't and love what you see -THANK YOU - you will not be disappointed with the performance.

To those of you who still don't get it - I'm sorry - I don't know what else to do - it bothers me that I can't seem to get thru to you -- but the performance of this car will prove that Al Oppenheiser and the team were right - and that they're bringing you the meanest Camaro ever. (save for perhaps the COPO which is a Drag car - the Z/28 is not a drag car - it's a road course car.......)

It is a GREAT time to be a Camaro enthusiast -- indeed!

(and for you Brand X owners on here that don't like Camaros - sorry! )
Thank the team for (most of) us. You did a great job producing a fantastic camaro,

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Last edited by GretchenGotGrowl; 01-05-2014 at 08:42 PM.
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:29 PM   #594
Bad@ssCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Could you be more disrespectful?
Seem's like a nice guy with good intentions....until you find out his real motivation he won't be on this forum for long.

Old 01-05-2014, 08:30 PM   #595
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
That was not my intention. However you seem like a Chevy brand loyal guy so it offended you. Which proves my point. Lke I said I don't care about Chevy or any other company and will never buy or not buy a car based on the maker.
Wrong!!! There you go making assumptions again. I have not owned a Chevy since 1983.

However I can respect what the Camaro team has done. Apparently you have as well according to your recent purchase.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:34 PM   #596
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Of all these previous cars you've owned, how many of the top guy creators of these cars have you spent the evening on a forum with? Like you have tonight.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:36 PM   #597
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
It is a car and if the 1le didn't exist I would go to a different maker and buy something else....it just so happened to be that I liked the 1le so I bought it.
So show some appreciation.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:40 PM   #598
alaskacamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS 45TH Anniversary
The MSRP does not come as a surprise given all the development but into the z28 project. IMO this model will not sell well especially with the soon release of the C7 z06...

What I like is Chevy thinking ahead. Eventually these awesome additions will make down to us "blue collars" at a much better price for upgrades to our cars..
alaskacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:41 PM   #599
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Soooooooo, are they going to build as many as they can sell or are they holding to a certain number? If that latter, I bet there will be a lot more people pissed off over this car.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:44 PM   #600
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
This car is a great price for what you are getting , It will smoke all these ricer cars with $100K plus price tags , Another plus for GM/ Camaro/Detroit Muscle !!Way to go guys and keep up the great work !
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:44 PM   #601
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
I can't wait to see the Barrett Jackson auction of #1. That's going to be a very high dollar car.

We need a guess the price pool for that one...
Old 01-05-2014, 08:48 PM   #602
Bad@ssCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskacamaro View Post
The MSRP does not come as a surprise given all the development but into the z28 project. IMO this model will not sell well especially with the soon release of the C7 z06...

What I like is Chevy thinking ahead. Eventually these awesome additions will make down to us "blue collars" at a much better price for upgrades to our cars..
They will make a ton off of those wishing to upgrade parts from the Z.