Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-03-2017, 12:22 PM   #15
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
If you have a cage, don't you have to wear a helmet at all times? I swear that was the rule that I heard but I have never had a roll cage.
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 12:27 PM   #16
FlowForm_Wheels

Drives: Turbo 4, SC V8 and Twin Turbo V8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpang1234 View Post
If you have a cage, don't you have to wear a helmet at all times? I swear that was the rule that I heard but I have never had a roll cage.
You SHOULD, yes, otherwise you can easily crack a skull on the cage in the right scenario.
FlowForm_Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 12:48 PM   #17
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
I don't think we can even drive a car with a cage on the street in my state. You can probably do some serious damage to the other car in an accident as well since the cage is designed to not crumple.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 04:38 PM   #18
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
Not finding it much different then running a set of headers on a 67 into cherry bombs and dumping it out in front of the rear tire. So loud it was painful. Stupid brother in law. I had a 69 GTO and ran 3" all the way to the rear bumper and that was sweet. Always getting pulled over but nothing illegal about it. Looking at the no weed web site they installed a set behind the CATs but I would have to look at his video again but I think he installed his in front of the CATs.
dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 09:04 AM   #19
SSdude

Drives: Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
That's what you get for using a no weeds system. I know I might get hate for it, but I think all exhaust diverters are extremely dumb in practice. Low tech, all about making the most annoying loud sound possible. You're also bypassing your catalytic converters in the process. In many states, they will fail you on inspection for having it since obviously it's about on par with somebody running a straight pipe.

Invest in something like a Borla system where it's actually well engineered, legal, and carefully designed for acoustics versus just dumping the raw exhaust note.

And also... at least buy your girlfriend a proper set of earplugs. :P
I've been using my noweeds system for 6 years now on my SS with about 400 miles worth of track time on it. I am not cammed like the guy in the video but I've never had a single issue with it. I always run with it open on the track. Noweeds come are after cats and are perfectly legal. I wouldn't be on year 7 with it if that weren't the case. Nothing else holds a candle to it as far as sound goes.You have to hear it to believe it.