Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 03-09-2018, 12:56 PM   #15
JFM-jr

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigss50 View Post
They won't do much. They can repair the car and sell it for new.
Yes they sure can sell it to someone else id walk away it sucks tho
ARH 1 7/8 longtubes hi flow cats AFM deleted E85
11.0@124.9
11.65@118.8 pump gas,stock tune/exhaust
New combo: Pray Performance Heads/cam
MSD intake manifold and Circle D 3C
554/491 on E85 all work & tuning done by Pray
JFM-jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 01:02 PM   #16
FlowForm_Wheels

Drives: Turbo 4, SC V8 and Twin Turbo V8
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjacobs View Post
i would tell them to eat that car and get you another one.

New is new is new...

You didnt pay for a new car that had a new fender and front bumper cover plus repaint... you paid for a new, unblemished car.
On the same page as you, I would go back in to argue the same thing. Of course you'll have to have enough will power to actually not take home a Camaro that day, it'll be painful to wait, but it's better to get what you paid for.
FlowForm_Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 01:16 PM   #17
Gen6 softtop

Drives: Hyper blue 1ss convertible 6 sp
I work at a big 3 factory and can tell you this type of repair, repaints, door ,swaps, hood and fascia swaps happen often enough before leaving the factory. As long as the repaint or repair is done right all is good. Along with some sort of compensation as others have said
Gen6 softtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 02:24 PM   #18
lcgates

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Thanks for the responses. My gut tells me to not accept the car even if it's done right - I'll still know and it will probably bug the crap out of me. One reason I ordered the car was to have a pristine car, and not one that people had driven and done who knows what to (like I did the one I test drove - ha). I'll see what the Dealer comes up with - they have ignored me for two days now, so I'm not getting a good feeling anything will be easy.
lcgates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 02:40 PM   #19
Wierd Harold

Drives: 2017 2lt rs
Scum bags.feel for you.this would piss me off to no end. I'm sure the next car you buy you won't sign paperwork until everything is done to your liking.
Wierd Harold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 02:42 PM   #20
RobC2

Drives: 2023 Tesla Model 3P
If it bugs you now, it will only get worse. I ordered a new M3, waited months, tracked it from port to port, and set up delivery at the BMW Performance Center. Apparently, it had some paint issue in the door jamb that nobody decided to tell me about until I had arrived to pick it up. They had repaired it at their body shop, which I understand is excellent. I got some merchandise credit and was pleased for a while, but the trunk always smelled of solvent and I could not get rid of the smell. Ruined the whole experience. Should have refused it despite going through the whole delivery experience and ordered another one.

It may be true that many cars are repaired without your knowledge before delivery, but once you know, you can't unknow.
RobC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 02:57 PM   #21
DFWZ28

Drives: 2010 SS
tell them they just bought your car. it will always be in the back of your mind.
Old 03-09-2018, 03:08 PM   #22
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Good luck. Let us know what you decide to do.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 03:30 PM   #23
SD1

Drives: 17' GTI DSG SE
Uhh, why the hell did you leave it there in the first place? In Arizona at least, you physically have to take possession of the car in order for the deal to be transacted, so if you haven't removed it from the lot, DONT until you resolve the issue, no idea what Texas law is but might offer you some recourse.
SD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 03:37 PM   #24
RobC2

Drives: 2023 Tesla Model 3P
If you do decide to let them repair it, make sure you keep documentation from the dealership on the repair and take pictures. I recently sold a 2003 Honda S2000 with over 100k miles on it and it had the bumper cover replaced due to the previous owner hitting a large bird. Good thing I had pictures, everybody was trying to get me down on the price assuming it was in a collision. Repaired cars take a ding at resale or trade-in. There is no good reason to knowingly accept this on a brand new car. Let them sell it to someone else. If it is truly the same after repair, then shouldn't matter to them, right?
RobC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 04:01 PM   #25
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcgates View Post
Thanks for the responses. My gut tells me to not accept the car even if it's done right - I'll still know and it will probably bug the crap out of me. One reason I ordered the car was to have a pristine car, and not one that people had driven and done who knows what to (like I did the one I test drove - ha). I'll see what the Dealer comes up with - they have ignored me for two days now, so I'm not getting a good feeling anything will be easy.
Here's a bit of advice from a former general manager of the two dealerships:

Who are you dealing with? The salesman? Or the sales manager? Stop… Go straight to the general manager. You need somebody With HP that is above the department that you're dealing in , which is the sales department. All the sales guys will try to resurrect/retain the deal, ask YOU for good CSI, after all it's one car sold for the month that they probably need to make goals. And it's not fun to unwind a deal, but absolutely done all the time.Don't take no for an answer, don't email, show up in person at his office, be courteous, but firm. 98% of the general managers don't want the brain damage and will give you anything you want to do thats sane. You're not gonna get all sorts of Perks and free oil changes, you want a new car ordered/located or as I said up top unwind the deal. They really won't lose anything, except some time and effort, they fix it, and thenmay just take it straight to the auction lane and wash out with no loss..

Personally I would order you a new car and take the car back, because I don't want to send you a survey that you're going to ding me on , even if I take care of you. That potentialy could cost me huge money in GM CSI bonuses.

Post #20 and 21 are spot on. You dont want a repaired car, you want a replacement or completly out of the deal. Keep repeating that to them.....LOL

Last edited by Glen e; 03-09-2018 at 04:27 PM.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 04:10 PM   #26
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by I`m Batman View Post
Hard to see over the hood/fenders of these car and see where the car ends and obstacle begins... apparently someone at the dealer found out the hard way.

I don't know what I would do but probably some kind of compensation for your time and inconvenience would be nice.
Impossible we've been told visibility in these cars is no issue at all!

(of course it is, and this is one of the reasons why)

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 10:42 PM   #27
STYLO LT1

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS Vert.
Believe me that is nothing compared to having your entire brand new car resprayed like several people on here have had done due to thin paint. Let them fix it first, under the pretense that you will refuse it If it looks like sh!t.
STYLO LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 06:42 PM   #28
Quester

Drives: 16 2SS Convertable
Don’t do it.

All you can see is the damage on the surface, what about frame? Subframe? Want damage to the electronics? I worked in the car business for ten years and the stuff they try to hide can be incredible. Reorder, they will hit the insurance for a lot more than they will be willing to do to keep you in it. Just saying.....
Quester is offline   Reply With Quote