Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 02-05-2018, 07:43 AM   #29
SDG23

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS M6
To me the only reason to get a GT would be price, otherwise the SS handles better and performs better.
Old 02-05-2018, 09:49 AM   #30
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReaper View Post
Drive both cars and buy the one you like the most.
This ^ drive them both and get what you like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My87z28 View Post

The Camaro was the least comfortable inside, but still comfortable (I'm 6'3 290lbs).
I have no idea how any of the big guys on the forum say they can possibly be comfortable in the car lol. I'm only 5'10 and 250 and I felt very cramped the last time I was in a 6th gen
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 11:08 AM   #31
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
This ^ drive them both and get what you like.

I have no idea how any of the big guys on the forum say they can possibly be comfortable in the car lol. I'm only 5'10 and 250 and I felt very cramped the last time I was in a 6th gen
It also depends on proportions. I'm 6'2" and about 240 and I fit fine in either car. There just won't be any room behind me for a passenger. And getting out of the car, let's just say I feel like I'm Kramer as I twist and contort myself. If you're wide or have disproportionate features then I can see it being uncomfortable. Otherwise it ain't that bad. Plus anything negative goes away once you start driving. I swear I look forward to driving my ZL1 every day!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 12:18 PM   #32
shaffe

Im sure some spirited driving cures all lol. I just remember sitting in it and just thinking to myself wow, I either got really fat or this car is really cramped on the inside
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
Old 02-05-2018, 12:28 PM   #33
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Im sure some spirited driving cures all lol. I just remember sitting in it and just thinking to myself wow, I either got really fat or this car is really cramped on the inside
Yea, it is also perspective. I remember sitting in a 6th Gen SS the first time and feeling cramped and feeling like the blind spots were terrible etc. I even texted a bunch of my friends that the interior was horrible. But, that all changed when I saw my ZL1 and sat in it for the first time. All of a sudden the blind spots and cramped interior did not matter. Actually, it's like those issues don't even exist at all now, lol! This is honestly the best car I've ever owned.

But I will say that the seats can be unforgiving depending on your stature.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 12:36 PM   #34
shaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Yea, it is also perspective. I remember sitting in a 6th Gen SS the first time and feeling cramped and feeling like the blind spots were terrible etc. I even texted a bunch of my friends that the interior was horrible. But, that all changed when I saw my ZL1 and sat in it for the first time. All of a sudden the blind spots and cramped interior did not matter. Actually, it's like those issues don't even exist at all now, lol! This is honestly the best car I've ever owned.

But I will say that the seats can be unforgiving depending on your stature.
I just remember thinking my shoulders felt cramped and just felt small.
Old 02-05-2018, 08:03 PM   #35
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
It also depends on proportions. I'm 6'2" and about 240 and I fit fine in either car. There just won't be any room behind me for a passenger. And getting out of the car, let's just say I feel like I'm Kramer as I twist and contort myself. If you're wide or have disproportionate features then I can see it being uncomfortable. Otherwise it ain't that bad. Plus anything negative goes away once you start driving. I swear I look forward to driving my ZL1 every day!!
I'm beginning to understand the concept of Groundhog Day. Everyday I get up, look at the road, check the weather to see if it is a Camaro Day. Had three in a row a couple weeks ago. Lately, nuthin.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 09:45 PM   #36
Obsol3te

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT PP M6
As everyone's said man, just go and give both a thorough test drive. No one here is going to or should be swaying you one way or the other. Find out what you want out of the car and go from there.
Either way, you're going to have fun. We're at a crazy point in this automobile timeline where cars are doing some ridiculous things.

Lumar 35% Tint, UPR Floating Pony, MMD Decklid, BlackVue650GW Dash Cam
Obsol3te is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 11:50 AM   #37
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
Lurking around the 'other' forum, I've seen a couple threads on what seem to be serious engine / tranny issues on some 2018 GTs. And I said 'seem', they're still at the dealer.

One guy's engine just stopped running and is about to be opened up. Someone mentioned another car had a busted valve.

One member posted a video of his tranny grinding when shifting above 5k RPMs:

Then there's a whining issue popping for others.

First year production woes most likely which can apply to any manufacturer, model. Still, if I was in the market, I'd hold off for a while till the dust settles.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 12:47 PM   #38
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueaddict View Post
Lurking around the 'other' forum, I've seen a couple threads on what seem to be serious engine / tranny issues on some 2018 GTs. And I said 'seem', they're still at the dealer.

One guy's engine just stopped running and is about to be opened up. Someone mentioned another car had a busted valve.

One member posted a video of his tranny grinding when shifting above 5k RPMs:

Then there's a whining issue popping for others.

First year production woes most likely which can apply to any manufacturer, model. Still, if I was in the market, I'd hold off for a while till the dust settles.
The first year of the 5.0 (2011) had a pretty good amount of issues, a big part of which were brought on by owners getting sub-par tunes and not being willing to confess to it on forums (the infamous Cylinder 8 issue).

It seems like the 2015 5.0's (Gen2) were the only ones who didn't have a rash of obvious failures..then again the 2018's are the most dramatic redesign since 2011 as well.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 12:49 PM   #39
Zomies

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS & GSX-S1000
Just purchased a Camaro and was also seriously considering a Mustang. This is what made me go Camaro and my views are based on 1SS vs non premium GT.

First big thing is you need to order 18 Mustang with the PP1 & 301a package to be on the same level as a 1SS or else your radio looks like it is out of a work truck.

Camaro:
Solid chassis with better sorted suspension.
Better steering feel and turn in.
Engine has wider powerband.
6M transmission felt better
Rev match
My Link is better than Sync 3
Nicer gauge cluster
-trunk opening
-visibility for some. I got used to it after 2 days.

Mustang:
Slightly smoother engine
Larger green house
6M was not bad but will it last
Active exhaust for 18. All you need is a resonator delete and it’s loud
-PP1 now $4k and 301a $2k
-gauge cluster kind of dated
-PP1 suspension kind of bouncy not as controlled as Camaro
-really bad body panel fit.
Zomies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 10:39 PM   #40
gixxersixxerman

Drives: 2015 Focus ST
I’ve been looking at a 1LE for about a month. Never thought of a Camaro before I saw a 1LE then. Performance numbers and track time don’t really influence my buying decisions neither does car brands, I’ve been Nissan, Toyota, Ford and have no problems going Chevy. I just want to buy the best car that fits my needs/wants at the time. I was going to buy a GT end of October/November for 36.4k otd and wish I would’ve. But now a GT cost as much as a 1LE and I really think over all the 1LE is a better car and what I’m leaning towards. I’ve driven a few GT’s but our Chevy dealership is t that great and I haven’t decided to drive to the other side of Vegas just to look. I came to the forums to research, being on this one is sooo toxic lol, like really don’t want to associate with the other “enthusiasts” here, but the mustang forum is bad also, just not as bad. I get it, people that spend their money on their cars love to say it’s the best one... that’s why they bought it..

Still probably getting the Camaro lol
gixxersixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 11:51 AM   #41
Thill444

Drives: 2020 SS1LE Shadow Gray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxersixxerman View Post
I’ve been looking at a 1LE for about a month. Never thought of a Camaro before I saw a 1LE then. Performance numbers and track time don’t really influence my buying decisions neither does car brands, I’ve been Nissan, Toyota, Ford and have no problems going Chevy. I just want to buy the best car that fits my needs/wants at the time. I was going to buy a GT end of October/November for 36.4k otd and wish I would’ve. But now a GT cost as much as a 1LE and I really think over all the 1LE is a better car and what I’m leaning towards. I’ve driven a few GT’s but our Chevy dealership is t that great and I haven’t decided to drive to the other side of Vegas just to look. I came to the forums to research, being on this one is sooo toxic lol, like really don’t want to associate with the other “enthusiasts” here, but the mustang forum is bad also, just not as bad. I get it, people that spend their money on their cars love to say it’s the best one... that’s why they bought it..

Still probably getting the Camaro lol
I am cross shopping the two as well, and unfortunately, it is hard to get an 18 Mustang with PP1 and magride unless you are okay buying a bunch more options. You can order one but the dealers I have talked to don't give you as big a dicount and you still get less features than a 1LE or even 2SS.

I like the design and ergnomics of the Mustang better but the Camaro is a noticeable better drivers car and has noticeable more torque down low. So it's a tough decision and I am not leaning Camaro.
Thill444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 12:21 PM   #42
modru2004

Drives: 2018 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thill444 View Post
I am cross shopping the two as well, and unfortunately, it is hard to get an 18 Mustang with PP1 and magride unless you are okay buying a bunch more options. You can order one but the dealers I have talked to don't give you as big a dicount and you still get less features than a 1LE or even 2SS.

I like the design and ergnomics of the Mustang better but the Camaro is a noticeable better drivers car and has noticeable more torque down low. So it's a tough decision and I am not leaning Camaro.
i was cross shopping the two and i just bought an 18 2ss. drove one of the new 10 speed GT's. it was ok. i honestly thought the 8 speed in the camaro shifted better between the two test drives. also getting magneride and the 12 inch cluster in the gt makes it ridiculously expensive. the camaro felt like it was in another class when it came to handling. i did like the bit of extra cabin room in the mustang though and it was certainly a nice car. i was torn picking between them but in the end the handling of the camaro and what i feel is a nicer interior (feels more refined) sold me on the camaro.

magneride might as well be a $6500 option on the mustang since it requires the performance package. to get the options i wanted required a $50k+ loaded mustang. since it was the same price as the loaded camaro thats the route i went.

if i could have had a mustang gt with those options for under $45k id be in a mustang right now.
modru2004 is offline   Reply With Quote