Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-02-2017, 07:07 PM   #29
HeaterMan

Drives: 2018 PP GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
I really could never buy a car that's called "scat".
The Scat in ScatPack is there to describe the fit and finish quality of the Challengers. it's absolutely awful.

2016 Scat Pack Challenger (gone 1-6-2018)
2013 Mustang GT Auto(sold)
2013 Track pack Mustang 5.0 (sold)
2011 Mustang 5.0 (sold)
2010 Camaro SS 6M ( sold)13.36 @109
HeaterMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 07:33 PM   #30
L99BEN

Drives: 2023 BMW M4 Competition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's_cool_1le View Post
https://www.koonsjeep.com/new-invent...-anchor-trim-2

I bought my Camaro from their GM side and the best price in the area. There were no discounts that I had to be eligible for. They do very high volumes.
People don't usually get the "WOW" price. Add back in rebates you don't qualify for, freight, tax/tag, dealer fee. Realistically OTD around 40k, which is less than before.
A decent deal is possible but keep in mind, if a good price is haggled, they will likely try to bend you over on your trade (if you have one).
I have bought from Koons a couple times.

Past:
2022 Tesla S Plaid
2020 Shelby GT500 sold
2019 Hellcat Redeye-traded for new GT500
2019 ZL1 A10 - sold (meh)
2019 Tesla M3P
2016 Hellcat Challenger - A8 sold but never forgotten
2016 Camaro 2SS M6
2014 Mustang GT A6
2012 Mustang GT M6 "brembo" 3.73/FBO
2012 Camaro SS L99 (Wife's)
- slow
L99BEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 07:41 PM   #31
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
I really could never buy a car that's called "scat".
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 10:19 PM   #32
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Let alone have a whole "pack" of it....
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 11:37 AM   #33
ndnashlenz

Drives: 2019 1SS Crush, 2017 Corolla White
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Old 12-11-2017, 03:00 AM   #34
OneDarkSS

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Challenger is a sick looking set of wheels no doubt about it, but that weight can leave much to be desired. A nice homage to the muscle cars of the late 60s and early 70s if you want something fairly quick, brawny, and a throwback.

In hindsight, I blew the doors off of one on the highway the day I purchased my 1SS.
Old 12-11-2017, 08:45 AM   #35
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
As an avid car guy, I've spent a lot of time looking at cars each year. I've been test driving a lot of cars this year, mainly because I was looking at upgrading over my SS. Looked at the Hellcat Challengers and Chargers....looked at the ZL1....even looked at the Corvette (which I immediately said hell no to).

The biggest thing I can stress to you is this and it is something others have already said: Find what feels the most comfortable/affordable in your position. If you want something roomy and with plenty of room, the Scatpack is definitely what you want. If you want something fast and jet fighter like, go with the Camaro.

Both cars are very good in terms of power and fun. Both will put a smile on your face. Ultimately, I would recommend the Camaro primarily because it has the much more advanced features for the same price. Like many others have said in this thread, it's really preference.

You can't go wrong with either car.
Old 12-11-2017, 09:45 PM   #36
HeaterMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
Both cars are very good in terms of power and fun. Both will put a smile on your face. Ultimately, I would recommend the Camaro primarily because it has the much more advanced features for the same price. Like many others have said in this thread, it's really preference.

You can't go wrong with either car.
i'm curious what advanced features the Camaro has that the Scat pack doesn't?

Adaptive Cruise, Collision avoidance? Performance pages? lightning fast paddle shifters, Active exhaust? heated and cooled seats? heated steering wheel? brembo brakes? 485 horsepower? bulletproof 8 speed auto trans. (millisecond response) it does have HUD, i will concede that.

2011 Mustang 5.0 (sold)
Old 12-12-2017, 08:20 AM   #37
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeaterMan View Post
i'm curious what advanced features the Camaro has that the Scat pack doesn't?

Adaptive Cruise, Collision avoidance? Performance pages? lightning fast paddle shifters, Active exhaust? heated and cooled seats? heated steering wheel? brembo brakes? 485 horsepower? bulletproof 8 speed auto trans. (millisecond response) it does have HUD, i will concede that.
Most of the advanced features are in the suspension options, which is better than what the Challenger has. I don't consider comfort stuff like that to be important features, although some do. The HUD is nice in any car, regardless of make or model.
Old 12-12-2017, 06:08 PM   #38
HeaterMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
Most of the advanced features are in the suspension options, which is better than what the Challenger has. I don't consider comfort stuff like that to be important features, although some do. The HUD is nice in any car, regardless of make or model.
ok, that makes sense. I haven't driven a SS Camaro yet so i wasn't aware of the difference in suspension

2011 Mustang 5.0 (sold)
Old 12-13-2017, 07:13 AM   #39
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeaterMan View Post
ok, that makes sense. I haven't driven a SS Camaro yet so i wasn't aware of the difference in suspension
http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2016/9/1...llcat-7735534/

This was the 1LE package on the V6 model.... it's available for the standard SS and the ZL1 as well...
Old 12-13-2017, 10:47 AM   #40
JFM-jr

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I have 2 good friends that have Scat Packs. Interior is large compared to the Camaro. Fit and finish is every bit as good. Transmission functions are better than the Camaro period. Shifts can adjust from soft to a very noticeable firm in the corresponding modes. Paddles react ALOT quicker than the Camaro. Also the Camaro on a slow roll will not hold a gear very long without being in manual mode. Problem arises if you would like the car to do the upshifting for you via the TCM. The only way to do a decent 20mph roll on is to smack it have it downshift and blast the tire or manually hold it and you are forced to do the upshifting as clicking the lever over never reverts back to the ECU taking control in time and it WILL hit the limiter. The Scat will hold a slow roll longer and once the pedal is smacked the TCM has full control of upshifts.the only thing remotely close I have found with the Camaro is I'm in Track mode doing about 40 and give a quick pedal stab and release it will flash performance shifts activated and the revs will hang there longer and if the pedal is floored the TCM will upshift. Unfortunately I have not had this technique work at slower speeds tho. Lastly performance I have ran both of these Scars numerous times form numerous speeds when we were both stock. One guy I'd get about a car on to 130 the other guy would routinely stay at my door. Hardly burning the doors off either car , the guy I'd get by a car has gone 11.80s with a drag radial 116ish. Braking, handling the smaller stiffer Camaro has the advantage. Scat also has a rear seat that an actual adult human being could inhabit if the occasion arises good luck getting anyone not in a yoga program to try that in the Camaro. I love my Camaro but the Dodge also has it's place in the market.
ARH 1 7/8 longtubes hi flow cats AFM deleted E85
11.0@124.9
11.65@118.8 pump gas,stock tune/exhaust
New combo: Pray Performance Heads/cam
MSD intake manifold and Circle D 3C
554/491 on E85 all work & tuning done by Pray
JFM-jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 06:30 PM   #41
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFM-jr View Post
I have 2 good friends that have Scat Packs. Interior is large compared to the Camaro. Fit and finish is every bit as good. Transmission functions are better than the Camaro period. Shifts can adjust from soft to a very noticeable firm in the corresponding modes. Paddles react ALOT quicker than the Camaro. Also the Camaro on a slow roll will not hold a gear very long without being in manual mode. Problem arises if you would like the car to do the upshifting for you via the TCM. The only way to do a decent 20mph roll on is to smack it have it downshift and blast the tire or manually hold it and you are forced to do the upshifting as clicking the lever over never reverts back to the ECU taking control in time and it WILL hit the limiter. The Scat will hold a slow roll longer and once the pedal is smacked the TCM has full control of upshifts.the only thing remotely close I have found with the Camaro is I'm in Track mode doing about 40 and give a quick pedal stab and release it will flash performance shifts activated and the revs will hang there longer and if the pedal is floored the TCM will upshift. Unfortunately I have not had this technique work at slower speeds tho. Lastly performance I have ran both of these Scars numerous times form numerous speeds when we were both stock. One guy I'd get about a car on to 130 the other guy would routinely stay at my door. Hardly burning the doors off either car , the guy I'd get by a car has gone 11.80s with a drag radial 116ish. Braking, handling the smaller stiffer Camaro has the advantage. Scat also has a rear seat that an actual adult human being could inhabit if the occasion arises good luck getting anyone not in a yoga program to try that in the Camaro. I love my Camaro but the Dodge also has it's place in the market.
All you have to do is move the shifter to the left. Select your gear. And after you floor it when its around 6000 rpm put it back into automatic mode and it will take over.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 09:07 PM   #42
JFM-jr

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
All you have to do is move the shifter to the left. Select your gear. And after you floor it when its around 6000 rpm put it back into automatic mode and it will take over.
Really? Maybe ive just moved it over too soon because ive done what you describe well before 6K and it blasts the limiter every time. This was one of the first methods I tried as it seems like the most logical.
ARH 1 7/8 longtubes hi flow cats AFM deleted E85
11.0@124.9
11.65@118.8 pump gas,stock tune/exhaust
New combo: Pray Performance Heads/cam
MSD intake manifold and Circle D 3C
554/491 on E85 all work & tuning done by Pray
JFM-jr is offline   Reply With Quote