Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 08-01-2017, 06:36 PM   #15
Tumba

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE Hyper Blue
I don't like the looks or FWD on the Civic. I do like the power and curb weight. If I were to leave both cars stock I would take the Civic. If I was going to mod one or both I'd take the Camaro Turbo. I think the civic would be more fun while stock with it's power/weight ratio advantage but the Camaro Turbo has more potential if you add power since it's RWD. Plus the Camaro looks way better IMO.
Tumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 06:52 PM   #16
rootus

Drives: 2018 HBM SS 1LE
For the price I'd prefer something with AWD.
rootus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 09:29 PM   #17
NCSD

Drives: Nightfall, 2SS, A8, MRC, NPP,RE-71R
I saw one at cars and coffee, the owner seemed very proud that he only paid $7000 over msrp .. What a joke. That puts the price right around a 1ss. I'd take a 1SS any day over that. But alot of the import guys would never be seen in a camaro, even though a camaro will beat their honda at everything. 0-60 in 6 seconds??? Too many other good options at that price point, but it probably handles great for a FWD car.
NCSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 10:53 AM   #18
FoCoCamaro

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE (Krypton Green)
I've been following the new Type-R for the last 4 years or so. As it went from rumor to production I kept an open mind and waited patiently so see the finally product. Im not ashamed to admit that I'm a Honda fanboy at heart. I began my driving experience in import cars and one of my all time favorites was my 2000 Civic hatch with a B18 swap. I always promised myself I'd own an R if they ever offered one here. Now that it's landed I'm impressed but at the same time conflicted... love the tech and capabilities but not the biggest fan of the styling. While I actually prefer the R's styling to the standard Civic, it is a little over the top for my taste.

I'll still probably own one to keep the 1LE company n the garage, I'll wait a year or two. No way in hell I'll pay any kind of ADM.

I can say that 10 years ago as the resession kicked off and manufacturers started killing off "fun" cars for the sake of practicality, I worried that the days of fun, fast, and affordable cars was over as cheap / practical / hybrid cars became the new norm. So glad to see things have rebounded and car enthusiasts have a myriad of choices in fast, fun, and affordable. I'll enjoy it while it lasts because I'm sure there will be a time in the not-to-distant future where it won't be the case.
FoCoCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 11:22 AM   #19
Tumba

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoCoCamaro View Post
I've been following the new Type-R for the last 4 years or so. As it went from rumor to production I kept an open mind and waited patiently so see the finally product. Im not ashamed to admit that I'm a Honda fanboy at heart. I began my driving experience in import cars and one of my all time favorites was my 2000 Civic hatch with a B18 swap. I always promised myself I'd own an R if they ever offered one here. Now that it's landed I'm impressed but at the same time conflicted... love the tech and capabilities but not the biggest fan of the styling. While I actually prefer the R's styling to the standard Civic, it is a little over the top for my taste.

I'll still probably own one to keep the 1LE company n the garage, I'll wait a year or two. No way in hell I'll pay any kind of ADM.

I can say that 10 years ago as the resession kicked off and manufacturers started killing off "fun" cars for the sake of practicality, I worried that the days of fun, fast, and affordable cars was over as cheap / practical / hybrid cars became the new norm. So glad to see things have rebounded and car enthusiasts have a myriad of choices in fast, fun, and affordable. I'll enjoy it while it lasts because I'm sure there will be a time in the not-to-distant future where it won't be the case.
I would also like to get a Type-R as a second car. I have a similar appreciation for Honda since my dad has worked for them designing interiors mostly for Honda and Acura vehicles as long as I can remember. He didn't work on the Type-R though haha. My first new car was a 2013 SI but it didn't last as I wanted more power and RWD. If only I could talk my wife into driving a manual I'd replace her car with a Type-R lol.
Tumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:02 PM   #20
Zodiac
Sarcasm Personified

Drives: 2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
I just can't with this car. Saw a white one not too long ago and it's an abstract mess of a design. To me it's a train wreck. If I'm gonna buy a hot hatch it would be a Golf R.
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:35 PM   #21
germanicus

Drives: Pony Car
The Type R has the pedigree and heritage.
germanicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 05:49 AM   #22
Corner carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
0-60 in 6 seconds is kinda sad for that power/weight...I've done 5.2 in my stock Camaro turbo with a 6speed...not alot of competition when considering the money... Give me an old Integra type R any day; that's a classic
Installed Mods: 25% Window tint | Headlight, side marker and third brake light Phastek tint kit | GM black taillights with Gen5diy LED harness and bulbs | LED license plate bulbs | Gorilla lug nuts, black | GM 'performance' center caps | RS and sheild badges removed
Corner carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 11:04 AM   #23
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Wouldn't it make much more sense to compare it against the V6 1LE instead of the turbo? Much closer in power to weight, price, and handling add-ons.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 10:32 AM   #24
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
it sure is ugly.wonder if the motor would go into my sons del sol?
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 11:45 AM   #25
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Wouldn't it make much more sense to compare it against the V6 1LE instead of the turbo? Much closer in power to weight, price, and handling add-ons.
Yes. Or a minimally optioned 1SS manual.

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 12:03 PM   #26
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiBlueCamaro View Post
]
Jesus that looks so riced out I wouldn't want to be seen in it. The power output is great though. Don't hate Honda's but the exterior is just too much riced out for me..
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 12:09 PM   #27
jaysonstuart

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
The front-end looks pretty good. The ass-end is just too much, double spoilers and all the other random shit going on just make it look like a ricer.

The interior is actually rather nice.
jaysonstuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 12:59 PM   #28
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard0nee View Post
Jesus that looks so riced out I wouldn't want to be seen in it. The power output is great though. Don't hate Honda's but the exterior is just too much riced out for me..
If its functional, its not rice.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote