Old 02-19-2018, 10:10 PM   #3
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
This needs to be answered by Al.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 10:58 PM   #4
Rooster OG

Drives: 2016
It’s for 16 and older vettes which makes me think the zl1 already has this tuning. I could be wrong though.
Rooster OG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 07:10 AM   #5
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
Ask Al won't allow discussion on potential future offerings - nor would GM allow Al to respond to something that isn't already public knowledge.

2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 - Everything but the sunroof - Sold

2010 Camaro SS - 650RWHP Daily Driver - Traded
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 08:34 AM   #6
WEAPON-X

Drives: ZL1 ATS-V CTS-V C7Z Range Sport SC
RideTech already offers programming for the C7 Z06 platform, not sure where they are on a ZL1; however, it is already public knowledge that GM is working on offering MRC tuning for the ZL1 drag program. It's not available yet, but once that door is open, they will surely start talking more. I wouldn't hesitate to push all of this with Al because the squeaky wheel gets the grease and the more interest we show as a community for GM aftermarket, the more they will strive to fulfill it. If they don't think the demand is there, I can ASSURE you that the bean counters inside GM will often try to deter these types of programs for the obvious reasons with warranties being taxed, concerns on how to implement the products safely into the open market, and lastly how to protect themselves from liability if someone accepts these modifications and then voids the warranty and causes harm. All of this has deterred them to date despite Ford having a viable aftermarket parts platform.

So, I urge you guys to PUSH hard for this!

The ZL1 Drag Program is already running 10.0s at 140mph over and over with just a 9% upper, intake, PCM, TCM, eLSD, MRC tuning, and a set of 16" slicks!

If you build it, we will buy
WEAPON-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 09:57 AM   #7
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infern0 View Post
Ask Al won't allow discussion on potential future offerings - nor would GM allow Al to respond to something that isn't already public knowledge.
That sounds good and all, but He’s teased future offerings before and most of the Ask Al questions to this point have offered insight that has yet to be released to the public. Where else could we have seen the data logs from the factory official 0-60 and quarter mile times? Where can we see an explanation of how the launch control system ACTUALLY works in the PCM (other than the Ask Al section)?
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 05:22 PM   #8
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post
That sounds good and all, but He’s teased future offerings before and most of the Ask Al questions to this point have offered insight that has yet to be released to the public. Where else could we have seen the data logs from the factory official 0-60 and quarter mile times? Where can we see an explanation of how the launch control system ACTUALLY works in the PCM (other than the Ask Al section)?
I said future offerings that are not public knowledge. I didn't say "anything" that isn't also public knowledge. Details.

2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 - Everything but the sunroof - Sold

2010 Camaro SS - 650RWHP Daily Driver - Traded
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 08:15 AM   #9
Sakudog

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
Al answered this on a FB group called "ZL1 Exclusive" and the answer was...

Al Oppenheiser: "Michael is correct. There is no need for the Camaro
ZL1 to have to offer a tuning upgrade. It was tuned for optimal track performance by the best team of engineers in the business."

Then later... someone said "their buddy says otherwise" and Al said:

Al Oppenheiser: "Teddy W. so who are you going to believe?��"

I think if there was something planned, he would stay mute on the subject. Nothing is coming from GM and it doesn't seem like Al or their team thinks there needs to be anything.

I know most people track their ZL1 1LE cars and a small minority (per cars sold) track their ZL1 like I do but I will say the car is setup right for the track. It may benefit from a stickier tire, more aggressive brake compound and camber plates...but out of the box, the "base" ZL1 is pretty incredible as shown on Lightening Lap.
Ryker #29
2019 ZL1 1LE A10
2015 Z/28 #809
Sakudog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 12:19 PM   #10
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
^^^ Makes sense. From what I understand the 2018 and newer C7's will already come with the upgraded calibration and this is most beneficial to the earlier years. There is a great explanation in the Ask Tadge section of the Corvette forum.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 01:17 PM   #11
wstaab

Drives: 69 Z28, 2018 ZL1 1LE
DSC Sport offers an aftermarket programmable magnetic ride suspension controller for the ZL1 Camaro: http://www.dscsport.com/2017/08/11/t...-game-changer/
I have the same unit installed on my C7 Z06 and the difference is very pronounced.
ZL1 1LE cars do not have magnetic ride suspension, instead they have Multimatic non-adjustable spool valve shocks which were developed for F1 cars originally.
wstaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 04:40 PM   #12
Sakudog

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstaab View Post
DSC Sport offers an aftermarket programmable magnetic ride suspension controller for the ZL1 Camaro: http://www.dscsport.com/2017/08/11/t...-game-changer/
I have the same unit installed on my C7 Z06 and the difference is very pronounced.
ZL1 1LE cars do not have magnetic ride suspension, instead they have Multimatic non-adjustable spool valve shocks which were developed for F1 cars originally.
I have looked at that tool...but my question would be...who would you have tune the car? What else would you tune it with? Higher spring rate? I myself am no engineer, I'd be hacking away at changes unless DCS has pre configured options for the ZL1 like..

"ZL1 with Eibach Pro kit and Slicks"
"ZL1 with Eibach Pro kit and R-compound tires"
"ZL1 with Eibach Pro kit, 1LE sway bar, camber plates, Slicks"

How do you do it on a C7Z? Trial and error? Seems like the only way and I'm sure the Team Camaro engineers have far more track tuning capability than me.

Sounds like a good idea.
Ryker #29
2019 ZL1 1LE A10
2015 Z/28 #809
Sakudog is offline   Reply With Quote