Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-09-2016, 01:11 AM   #1
alini

Drives: 2016 Camaro Hyper Blue 2SS
Carplay vs Bluetooth

When I have the phone in the car, its bluetooth connected. But once I connect the cable, it drops the bluetooth and goes to Carplay. When in car play I cant use the steering wheel controls to guide through the phone and if I use the touch screen it has my contacts blocked out so I cant make a call, unless I dial it by dialpad or call back a recent call.

Anyone have this problem?? Is there some setting I can change to make the phone contacts work as a carplay connection?
1937 Chevy truck. Full custom. Build in work
https://www.teamalini.com
alini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 07:49 AM   #2
dennis@hixsonnet.com

Drives: Me: '16 2SS yellow, Wife: '16 1SS
i hardly ever use carplay to be honest

2016 Camaro 2SS ** EdelBrock E-Force Supercharger, 3" pulley, RotoFab air intake, Alky Methanol Injection System, Corsa Extreme Exhaust, Kooks longtube headers, TSP VV2 CAM, 1LE wheels @ 285/30/20 front & 305/30/20 rear... 707.41rwhp, 702.36 torque
dennis@hixsonnet.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 08:33 AM   #3
NOLA Camaro

Drives: '16 Silver 2SS, M6, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by alini View Post
When I have the phone in the car, its bluetooth connected. But once I connect the cable, it drops the bluetooth and goes to Carplay. When in car play I cant use the steering wheel controls to guide through the phone and if I use the touch screen it has my contacts blocked out so I cant make a call, unless I dial it by dialpad or call back a recent call.

Anyone have this problem?? Is there some setting I can change to make the phone contacts work as a carplay connection?
Why not just ask Siri to make the call for you. That's the easiest way to access your contacts on Carplay. Press and hold the talk button on your steering wheel to access Siri, then make the request.
NOLA Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote