Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-18-2015, 08:23 PM   #15
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuJass View Post
Sledge,
What did Al say about all the early cars stuck at 3800?
And about most of them stuck at 4B00 or 4300?
Most important question!

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 08:25 PM   #16
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuJass View Post
Sledge,
What did Al say about all the early cars stuck at 3800?
And about most of them stuck at 4B00 or 4300?
I was kinda wondering myself..................
36 days stuck at 3800....since my 10-14-15 build

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 09:00 PM   #17
GTIanZ28

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro 6MT
Don't turn this into another thread bitching about quality control holds. Pretty obvious an issue was identified and all the cars being held are having something fixed, corrected, or replaced.

We all get it. We all want to get our cars to enjoy them. In addition I'm sure most agree that it isn't fair that our cars aren't personally delivered by Al Oppenhizer and signed by Danica.
Old 11-18-2015, 09:06 PM   #18
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
From AL himself around cars being built for X amount of time.

I have been fairly vocal about my dissatisfaction around this and I chatted with both Tom and Al on it. Tom deferred to Al on all things.

Al mentioned he understands some of our orders show 3800 on 10/14 and 10/15 etc... and he mentioned cars were hardly coming off the line on those specific days and may have started their journey to be built on those days. He also specifically mentioned TR6's car wasn't even built on those days.

Cars are shipping, the internal systems are not 100% accurate or spot on. They are coming. He also mentioned that no QC issues happen to his knowledge. He understands the frustration around waiting, but expressed many times they are coming and the logistics can be and are a nightmare.

He also mentioned they do not control that the first cars out are the first to ship. Logistics play a huge role once again. Outside of that he had no other specific answers for me.

He did jokingly blame the PR/ Communications team for the long waits as he and Tom have been on the road instead of the factory (Again a joke).
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 09:15 PM   #19
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Good to hear. Although it isn't much, may want to post this up in the 10/12 thread.
Old 11-18-2015, 09:16 PM   #20
leadfoot93
Camaro Fan

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS Garnet Red
So what about the cars? How did they look? Comfortable? Compared to 5th gen?
3800 Status: 10/13/15 VIN #116519
4200 Status: 12/19/15
Delivered : 12/28/15
leadfoot93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 09:39 PM   #21
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
From AL himself around cars being built for X amount of time.

I have been fairly vocal about my dissatisfaction around this and I chatted with both Tom and Al on it. Tom deferred to Al on all things.

Al mentioned he understands some of our orders show 3800 on 10/14 and 10/15 etc... and he mentioned cars were hardly coming off the line on those specific days and may have started their journey to be built on those days. He also specifically mentioned TR6's car wasn't even built on those days.

Cars are shipping, the internal systems are not 100% accurate or spot on. They are coming. He also mentioned that no QC issues happen to his knowledge. He understands the frustration around waiting, but expressed many times they are coming and the logistics can be and are a nightmare.

He also mentioned they do not control that the first cars out are the first to ship. Logistics play a huge role once again. Outside of that he had no other specific answers for me.

He did jokingly blame the PR/ Communications team for the long waits as he and Tom have been on the road instead of the factory (Again a joke).
But Chevy specifically keeps telling us and our dealers that most of our cars are in QC holds/inspections! Just sounds like BS cover to me...thanks for asking though.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 09:46 PM   #22
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
But Chevy specifically keeps telling us and our dealers that most of our cars are in QC holds/inspections! Just sounds like BS cover to me...thanks for asking though.
All cars go into QC hold after production. So in fairness they are not wrong or telling a lie. It's just how long one sits in that state over others is the mystery.
Old 11-18-2015, 09:47 PM   #23
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

As many people have posted images and have already talked about the car in specific detail, I am going to speak to the things I was wanted to know, or respond to any other questions people may have.

Also, my Father is driving us home, so posting from a cell while it is all fresh in my memory. So please forgive my typos.

My Review & Observations:

The Hood - I felt in all images I saw the hood lines looked soft and not sharp. This is not the case. The lines are sharp and clean and overall the hood looks great. I honestly like it more than the 5th Gen.

Interior and Seating - I am 6'5" 280lbs with broad shoulders, (Big guy, bigger than Al ) to feel comfortable, I had to put the seat all the way back and for headroom, I had to drop the seat all the way down. My legs feel like they have more room over my Gen5, but the headroom is cut down. I am not sure I would be super comfortable wearing a helmet in this car. If I had a sunroof, no way would I fit with a helmet.

Trunk - the trunk feels deeper, but is overall very narrow. For people saying they can get a few bags of groceries are just dumb. I can fit all the groceries to feed my family of 6 just fine from the looks of it. Maybe some huge bulky Costco items might not fit, but the trunk space is fine.

The Belt Line - It sits high, but at my size with the seat all the way back and all the way down, I can comfortably rest my arm in the window. Feels the same as my Gen5.

Ride Height - while the car sits lower, it doesn't feel like it. If you own a Gen 5 I don't think your going to notice the change. I know I didn't, but the numbers say I should.

Brakes - I was worried about this as the Gen5 brakes discolored quickly. You can tell these FNR cars are also already fading a little. I fully expect to be painting these often.

Wheels - All the FNR cars had a wheel rash on atleast one of the rims. People driving these cars are not going to take care of them like most of us, but the black rims peeps beware... rashes looked bad :(

Quality - The fit and finish of the 3 cars I looked at was great. The interior still has a few cheap looking and feeling parts, but overall the parts you touch in a 2SS are all high quality and felt nice.

Lighting - While cool, the wow factor is meh. The colors are not as bright as I thought they would be. Reds are nice, but mid range colors feel meh.

Steering Wheel - I feared this would be bulky in the 2SS with the heated option. Feels very good and more refined than the 5th gen. The stitching and feel are great. Also love the flat bottom. Also... not bulky

Exhaust - The NPP functionality is cool, but overall the tone is not a deep one. Not as deep as I had hoped. As I plan to put headers etc on, I hope to resolve this. Overall, if you want a deep V8 tone, go for aftermarket non NPP.

Side story: They were not as open as the other events to fire up the cars. I asked a GM exec who pulled his ' Do you know who I am' card to get a key for me. He fired it up and the crowd all quickly ran over to check it out. But the exec got asked to shut her down as interviews were taking place.

Glow-Tie - I felt this looked gody in online pictures. But it so happens, these sit nice and clean and are not gody at all. They look good, really good.

Wheel Gap - It's not terrible, but 3/4" - 1.25" would really be a nice drop.

Spoiler - I know some people hate it, but in person it looks good. On the top it has a tier drop on it and it isn't smooth. It looks good.

Interior Door 2SS - With all the padding and switches and little pockets, it has a lot going on. It is not a clean design in my opinion. The Gen5 door handle sits flush, while the gen six sticks out and feels over bulked. Just a lot going on. Going to be a pain to clean

It's a Camaro - The car is still beefy, it has its haunches, belt line and Camaro style. The running lights and front end look very clean and not dated. I see some Euro style, but overall their is no mistake that this is a muscle car and is a CAMARO
Old 11-18-2015, 10:00 PM   #24
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
As many people have posted images and have already talked about the car in specific detail, I am going to speak to the things I was wanted to know, or respond to any other questions people may have.

Also, my Father is driving us home, so posting from a cell while it is all fresh in my memory. So please forgive my typos.

My Review & Observations:

The Hood - I felt in all images I saw the hood lines looked soft and not sharp. This is not the case. The lines are sharp and clean and overall the hood looks great. I honestly like it more than the 5th Gen.

Interior and Seating - I am 6'5" 280lbs with broad shoulders, (Big guy, bigger than Al ) to feel comfortable, I had to put the seat all the way back and for headroom, I had to drop the seat all the way down. My legs feel like they have more room over my Gen5, but the headroom is cut down. I am not sure I would be super comfortable wearing a helmet in this car. If I had a sunroof, no way would I fit with a helmet.

Trunk - the trunk feels deeper, but is overall very narrow. For people saying they can get a few bags of groceries are just dumb. I can fit all the groceries to feed my family of 6 just fine from the looks of it. Maybe some huge bulky Costco items might not fit, but the trunk space is fine.

The Belt Line - It sits high, but at my size with the seat all the way back and all the way down, I can comfortably rest my arm in the window. Feels the same as my Gen5.

Ride Height - while the car sits lower, it doesn't feel like it. If you own a Gen 5 I don't think your going to notice the change. I know I didn't, but the numbers say I should.

Brakes - I was worried about this as the Gen5 brakes discolored quickly. You can tell these FNR cars are also already fading a little. I fully expect to be painting these often.

Wheels - All the FNR cars had a wheel rash on atleast one of the rims. People driving these cars are not going to take care of them like most of us, but the black rims peeps beware... rashes looked bad :(

Quality - The fit and finish of the 3 cars I looked at was great. The interior still has a few cheap looking and feeling parts, but overall the parts you touch in a 2SS are all high quality and felt nice.

Lighting - While cool, the wow factor is meh. The colors are not as bright as I thought they would be. Reds are nice, but mid range colors feel meh.

Steering Wheel - I feared this would be bulky in the 2SS with the heated option. Feels very good and more refined than the 5th gen. The stitching and feel are great. Also love the flat bottom. Also... not bulky

Exhaust - The NPP functionality is cool, but overall the tone is not a deep one. Not as deep as I had hoped. As I plan to put headers etc on, I hope to resolve this. Overall, if you want a deep V8 tone, go for aftermarket non NPP.

Side story: They were not as open as the other events to fire up the cars. I asked a GM exec who pulled his ' Do you know who I am' card to get a key for me. He fired it up and the crowd all quickly ran over to check it out. But the exec got asked to shut her down as interviews were taking place.

Glow-Tie - I felt this looked gody in online pictures. But it so happens, these sit nice and clean and are not gody at all. They look good, really good.

Wheel Gap - It's not terrible, but 3/4" - 1.25" would really be a nice drop.

Spoiler - I know some people hate it, but in person it looks good. On the top it has a tier drop on it and it isn't smooth. It looks good.

Interior Door 2SS - With all the padding and switches and little pockets, it has a lot going on. It is not a clean design in my opinion. The Gen5 door handle sits flush, while the gen six sticks out and feels over bulked. Just a lot going on. Going to be a pain to clean

It's a Camaro - The car is still beefy, it has its haunches, belt line and Camaro style. The running lights and front end look very clean and not dated. I see some Euro style, but overall their is no mistake that this is a muscle car and is a CAMARO

wow, I'm impressed....you typed on this on your cell phone? lol

Great feedback.

Looking forward to the pictures you post later.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 10:03 PM   #25
leadfoot93
Camaro Fan

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS Garnet Red
Thanks for the info sledge!
3800 Status: 10/13/15 VIN #116519
4200 Status: 12/19/15
Delivered : 12/28/15
leadfoot93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 10:07 PM   #26
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Images are taking ages to upload for some reason... a Pic of Tom and me.

Old 11-18-2015, 10:12 PM   #27
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

I took a few videos from the stage presentation / talk as well. Will post once I am at a real PC.

Old 11-18-2015, 10:17 PM   #28
GTIanZ28

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro 6MT
Quote:

Interior and Seating - I am 6'5" 280lbs with broad shoulders, (Big guy, bigger than Al

Wheels - All the FNR cars had a wheel rash on atleast one of the rims. People driving these cars are not going to take care of them like most of us, but the black rims peeps beware... rashes looked bad.
Remind me in the future not to piss you off!

And a question about wheels.

I remember back in the day when I'd buy tires that I'd go 10mm wider than what was called for. If it's a 245 tire go with 255.

Is there a reason this has changed? Having a slightly wider tire than the wheel meant no road rash on wheels. Sure some scuffed up tires but it's far easier to clean a mildly scuffed tire than repairing a curbed wheel.