Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-17-2015, 08:51 PM   #15
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Don't fall into the belief the Camaro is just a muscle car. You make it sound like this is an excuse for a low quality poorly laid out interior. Even Fiat has stepped up and so has Ford. Expect better and you'll get it. Keep giving them a pass and youl'll simply have to continue making the excuse, "it's just a muscle car"

Last edited by Number 3; 03-17-2015 at 09:27 PM.
Number 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 09:06 PM   #16
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Don't fall into the belief the Camaro is just a muscle car. You make it sound lie this is an excuse for a low quality poorly laid out interior. Even Fiat has stepped up and so has Ford. Expect better and you'll get it. Keep giving them a pass and youl'll simply have to continue making the excuse, "it's just a muscle car"
Well said.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 09:35 PM   #17
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Just based off the interiors I have seen coming out of GM the last couple years I am confident the 6th gen will go above and beyond most people's expectations. Of course there will always be some that will complain because it's not what THEY wanted.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:36 PM   #18
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Don't fall into the belief the Camaro is just a muscle car. You make it sound lie this is an excuse for a low quality poorly laid out interior. Even Fiat has stepped up and so has Ford. Expect better and you'll get it. Keep giving them a pass and youl'll simply have to continue making the excuse, "it's just a muscle car"
Remember when muscle cars couldn't turn? Its funny because now all the Camaro and Mustang owners look down on the Challenger for possessing that trait, and even that handles decently for the tank it is.

It can still unquestionably be a muscle car AND have a nice interior without pricing the vehicle out of its target audience. Look at how many cars in the $15-25k range have nice interiors. Sure the ones with leather could be better, but the ergonomics are good, the materials are soft touch at the very least in areas that you make contact with, and the interiors are very cohesive.

I thought the 5th gen interior, even after the refresh, was not cohesive at all. The center stack is a mess with the mylink screen that looks totally out of place, and those hideous knobs below it for the AC controls. It's time to start implementing muscle car cues in the interior, instead of designing a dated interior and throwing a touch screen in it. The Corvette, Mustang and Challenger have gone much more modern with their new interiors, and have been almost universally well received for it.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 11:09 PM   #19
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserO2Evils View Post
"Because it is now PUSH BUTTON START(hopefully)".
It will...but u still need to find that damn key.
DenverTaco07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 02:57 AM   #20
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I think it's funny how people said they were worried that they would move too far away from the 5th gen styling, now I hear a lot of it looks too much like a 5th gen.... Chevy couldn't win no matter what it looks like.
That's what I been preaching all along!!
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 05:24 AM   #21
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
I never really understood the hate for the Camaros interior though. Ive sat in plenty of cars, overall design is great to me, quality of materials could've been much better. Is that what were complaining about? The materials? or design or both?
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 09:43 AM   #22
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
I never really understood the hate for the Camaros interior though. Ive sat in plenty of cars, overall design is great to me, quality of materials could've been much better. Is that what were complaining about? The materials? or design or both?
A little bit of both to me. That coupled with cars out there now which are much cheaper and have many more features inside. It is simply past it's time for a complete redesign, interior wise.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 09:54 AM   #23
Mikamaro
MikeNoMaro

Drives: A 2016 Challenger R/T M6 STP
I think the key phrase of this email was: Refined in the name of Performance

Track Day Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/mrgoodman2000/videos
Built #83817, Born January 18th, Christened June 11th 2010, Stolen October 3rd 2016.
Mikamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 10:39 AM   #24
YoungGun1993

Drives: Pontiac G6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikamaro View Post
I think the key phrase of this email was: Refined in the name of Performance
I agree 100%. Given that we know it's transitioning to the Alpha platform, that MRC may be trickling down to the SS, this generation will be a leap forward in refinement but with the aim of improving the overall performance of the vehicle (which was is important to enthusiasts). Will we see power improvements? I'm sure, but it will be a more refined muscle car.
YoungGun1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 11:36 AM   #25
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
The biggest problem with the Camaro's interior is the plastic on the door panels. Looking at all of Chevy's new interiors I'm not too worried, they're top notch.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 06:36 PM   #26
suzook

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Design as far as I'm concerned was just fine. Quality though??? Ever run your hand on top of door panel where it meet window slot? You can actually feel the mold line. While it was one of GM's better interior for the time, their new interiors are top notch! I'm expecting the same in the g6.
Old 03-18-2015, 07:11 PM   #27
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I guess I am not as picky as some, probably because I usually buy the entry level vehicles and fix them up to my own taste. But I have no complaints about my Camaro's interior.
I do like it better than my 2010 Camaro I had previously though.
Old 03-18-2015, 07:17 PM   #28
Mikamaro
MikeNoMaro

Drives: A 2016 Challenger R/T M6 STP
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
The biggest problem with the Camaro's interior is the plastic on the door panels. Looking at all of Chevy's new interiors I'm not too worried, they're top notch.
I do agree with the plastic on the door panels found in the 2LT and 2SS feel, look and are too cheap to be appart of it. The material used in the 1LT and 1SS makes it less apparent.

Track Day Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/mrgoodman2000/videos
Built #83817, Born January 18th, Christened June 11th 2010, Stolen October 3rd 2016.

Last edited by Mikamaro; 03-18-2015 at 10:43 PM.
Mikamaro is offline   Reply With Quote