Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-20-2015, 07:03 PM   #505
Squishy

Drives: 2016 camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
Everything about this is sketchy... I'm at the point of saying **** it and cutting a hole in my hood to get a decent intake manifold
What do consider to be a "decent intake manifold" we are very limited to what we can buy.

2016 BLK Camaro 1SS/LT1 M6:
NPP | black front/rear bowtie | Blacked out taillights

2011 IOM Camaro 1SS/RS LS3:
Stainless works 1 7/8" LT headers w/ Offroad pipes | TSP Cam 235/239 on a 112 | Powerbound 25% UD Pulley
Roto-Fab Cold Air Intake | SW Retro Chambered Catback Exhaust | VMax Ported TB | Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Trunnion upgrade | LSA Oil Pump | BMR 1.25 Spings | R1 Concept d/s Rotors
Tuned by Lashway Motorsports - 501 Hp 430 ft-lb
Squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 12:16 PM   #506
sales@vararam.com

Drives: 2010 camaro
We understand everyone wants this manifold yesterday!
This is more than just “one” manifold, its several manifolds in one.
There is a lot more going on inside a manifold than just airflow to make power.
We have addressed “everything”, not just one thing.
Here is what we can say, any manufacturer who follows the OEM architecture will never make the power and Torque possible out of any combination. The consumer just wants a “new better toy”, so anything new must be an improvement, until it proves it’s not.
You can port the stock manifold until the cows come home! You will never match the VR-X. You can use any current aftermarket manifolds ported or stock and you still won’t get there.
We chose the more difficult path because that’s what works best.
GM does not use the OEM design architecture on their race program cars, for a reason.
The C-5,C6 and C7R’s all use Cross Rams. The COPO cars use several different manifold designs.
Runners in a breadbox never works for Max Torque and Power. It’s great for ease of tooling, speeds production and keeps it cheap for the OEM.
The new production LT-1 is a runner in a breadbox design and it’s not the best by any means, but it’s quick and easy for production, great for GM.
Hood clearance, The VR-X fits under the rear cowl of a C-6 corvette .This is the lowest overhang on the GM line up for an LS-3.
We could have released pics and video with “Patent Pending” status but that does not mean you will receive a “Patent” at all. The technology we have developed inside this manifold is far beyond where the aftermarket is today and we are going to protect it properly.
Gen6,LT-1- This manifold is undergoing Beta tests on our C-7 Corvette.

VR tech
sales@vararam.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 12:27 PM   #507
1989GTA

Drives: 1989 GTA Trans Am
Thank you for the updated post. Some of us understand what is going on and are being patient. I have money set aside and if the released tests prove what I think they will, I will be a buyer when you are ready to receive orders.
1989GTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 02:44 PM   #508
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I guess as long as it performs and is at a good price point under 1K maybe even less than 800 most people might buy in. I'd be interested but its got to be affordable for the average guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 03:04 PM   #509
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
At this point if they are close to what they promised in the beginning HP/TQ and $$$ wise they will sell. If the numbers are marginal and the price is astronomical it'll be hard to justify.

I'm hoping that it's taken this long to get it right...

If I recall correctly it was 30+/30+ @ >$1000... That sounds good to me.
Old 10-21-2015, 11:38 PM   #510
IMJ

Drives: 2012 SS LS3 | Silver Frost Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by sales@vararam.com View Post
Here is what we can say, any manufacturer who follows the OEM architecture will never make the power and Torque possible out of any combination. The consumer just wants a “new better toy”, so anything new must be an improvement, until it proves it’s not.
You can port the stock manifold until the cows come home! You will never match the VR-X. You can use any current aftermarket manifolds ported or stock and you still won’t get there.
GM does not use the OEM design architecture on their race program cars, for a reason.
The C-5,C6 and C7R’s all use Cross Rams. The COPO cars use several different manifold designs.
Runners in a breadbox never works for Max Torque and Power. It’s great for ease of tooling, speeds production and keeps it cheap for the OEM.
The new production LT-1 is a runner in a breadbox design and it’s not the best by any means, but it’s quick and easy for production, great for GM.
Hood clearance, The VR-X fits under the rear cowl of a C-6 corvette .This is the lowest overhang on the GM line up for an LS-3.
We could have released pics and video with “Patent Pending” status but that does not mean you will receive a “Patent” at all. The technology we have developed inside this manifold is far beyond where the aftermarket is today and we are going to protect it properly.

VR tech
Thanks for the update. Question....

How will this manifold work on the 12+ cars if your air intake couldn't be made to work with the 2012+ programming, even with tuning? As I recall from a thread here some years back, that was why you had to abandon the OTR for the 2012+ cars - the Vararam design made the car drive with characteristics that Vararam deemed unacceptable. And so, how are similar problematic characteristics not manifesting when opening up the flow with your intake manifold, and also what is the status of your 2012+ intake?

Has something changed?

Thank you!
Old 10-22-2015, 10:35 AM   #511
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
VRX manifold

Update 10/16/2015

We know the internet has been burning up waiting on information on the VRX manifold.

Hear is the latest:

Several Patents have been filed covering the design and function on some parts of the VRX Manifold. We have received “some” but not all of our Patents at this time. We are currently waiting on the final Patents. We expected these some time ago but unfortunately there is no way to rush the Patent office. Our Patent Attorneys have been able to confirm that the final Patents are currently under review and we expect them to be confirmed and in place shortly.

Once we have the final Patent confirmations, VR will release Videos, independent test data etc...

Production:

We have already started on the production tooling to reduce production lag time. Some of the tooling has already been completed.

VR tech
If you have any questions feel free to drop us an email at: www.vararamindustries@gmail.com
Quote:

VR tech
Again....

So if you got patents today you would "release" everything tomorrow? BS...How about you just post a before and after dyno sheet of the LS3 version of the intake? No one can "copy" a dyno sheet.....

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 12:33 PM   #512
1989GTA

Drives: 1989 GTA Trans Am
I doubt if they could release anything tomorrow patents or not. Sounds like they are getting the final tooling done. It will take time to make the parts, waiting on vendors, packaging things, printing directions etc. I would think January might be a more realistic time table as we will be entering the Holiday Season which will mean further delays. I will just be patiently waiting. If I am reading the tea leaves correctly the LS3 versions will be out first followed closely by the LS7 versions and then the LS1 versions down the road abit.
1989GTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 02:04 PM   #513
sales@vararam.com

Drives: 2010 camaro
The 2012-2015 Camaro intake system has been completed for some time now. This intake system is tied to the VRX intake manifold and the COPO program with GM. We have completed no less than 5 COPO intake systems for GM in the last year alone. Most only know about the 2 that they currently sell.
We are a Manufacturer who actually does “work” for OEM’s manufacturers coveringEngineering, prototyping,testing and Production manufacturing.
When you do this type of work there are a lot of politics involved, as well as, confidentiality. We cannot give updates as we normally would for a new product if it is tied to an OEM’s program. We are always diligently working behind the scenes on multiple programs to bring you the best performing products possible.
Just because we are not talking about a product on the internet does not mean that it does not exist.
Now that the VRX manifold is set and The COPO program and other OEM have chosen the future VR systems they want,we can now bring the 2012-2015 intake out to the public.
We are completing aproduction filter test of the latest filter we had custom made to our specs by Green for “street use” as of this Post. If we are happy with the final test data, the system is ready.

This system covers the 2012-2015LS-3, LS-7 and ZL-1 Camaro vehicles
System has been designed and tested to handle anything from a stock LS-3 to a 1000 rear wheel HP and 500 cu/ inch LSX!
It does not require custom tuning on a stock vehicle.
sales@vararam.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 07:43 PM   #514
USAFS197

Drives: 2018 Audi TT RS
I hope you guys understand how lucky you are to have a base of customers who've waited as long as many of us have for a product that has no tangible proof of coming into fruition any time soon.

Want to bait us and keep us patiently waiting? Give us more than just words. People want to see SOMETHING.
About as fast as the TT RS
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Sold
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Sold
2019 Corvette Z06
Sold
2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Sold
USAFS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 08:02 PM   #515
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1989GTA View Post
I doubt if they could release anything tomorrow patents or not. Sounds like they are getting the final tooling done. It will take time to make the parts, waiting on vendors, packaging things, printing directions etc. I would think January might be a more realistic time table as we will be entering the Holiday Season which will mean further delays. I will just be patiently waiting. If I am reading the tea leaves correctly the LS3 versions will be out first followed closely by the LS7 versions and then the LS1 versions down the road abit.
I'll give you 10 to 1 that doesn't happen.

Quote:
The 2012-2015 Camaro intake system has been completed for some time now. This intake system is tied to the VRX intake manifold and the COPO program with GM. We have completed no less than 5 COPO intake systems for GM in the last year alone. Most only know about the 2 that they currently sell.
We are a Manufacturer who actually does “work” for OEM’s manufacturers coveringEngineering, prototyping,testing and Production manufacturing.
When you do this type of work there are a lot of politics involved, as well as, confidentiality. We cannot give updates as we normally would for a new product if it is tied to an OEM’s program. We are always diligently working behind the scenes on multiple programs to bring you the best performing products possible.
Just because we are not talking about a product on the internet does not mean that it does not exist.
Now that the VRX manifold is set and The COPO program and other OEM have chosen the future VR systems they want,we can now bring the 2012-2015 intake out to the public.
We are completing aproduction filter test of the latest filter we had custom made to our specs by Green for “street use” as of this Post. If we are happy with the final test data, the system is ready.

This system covers the 2012-2015LS-3, LS-7 and ZL-1 Camaro vehicles
System has been designed and tested to handle anything from a stock LS-3 to a 1000 rear wheel HP and 500 cu/ inch LSX!
It does not require custom tuning on a stock vehicle.
So now it's "set". Is that soon's first cousin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFS197 View Post
I hope you guys understand how lucky you are to have a base of customers who've waited as long as many of us have for a product that has no tangible proof of coming into fruition any time soon.

Want to bait us and keep us patiently waiting? Give us more than just words. People want to see SOMETHING.
This.

If there was an actual LS3 VRX intake manifold that you say produces 30/30 over a stock intake manifold, why can you not post a dyno sheet? No pictures, no videos, just a piece of paper with 4 lines on it. 2 for a stock intake manifold and 2 for the VRX.

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 10-22-2015, 08:05 PM   #516
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

LMAO....

I just read the link in the first page and I quote.....

"Dyno testing is still underway at Vararam, but as soon as results are available, we’ll bring them to you. With any luck, production manifolds will be available this summer."

This was May.....

Of 2014 ........

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 10-22-2015, 08:19 PM   #517
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
I saw the prototype in Texas at Fest 2014, still hopefull I will see it one day.

Old 10-22-2015, 08:21 PM   #518
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
All I know is I'm chomping at the bit for an LS3 intake manifold worth a damn. I hope this thing comes out and it's everything we've been led to believe...