Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 06-18-2019, 01:13 AM   #15
Tyestick

Drives: 19’ Camaro SS 1LE
I love my 2019 1LE interior. My 15’ 1LE though, it could have used a bit more love. The plastic panels would scratch if you sneezed or breathed on them... The infotainment was a joke with the slow input, and dated controls.

The 2019 1LE interior is leaps and bounds better than than previous years. Even better than the 16’ and 17’ year models.
Old 06-18-2019, 05:57 AM   #16
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
I don't see why Camaro scored worse in fit & finish? Styling is subjective, but the panel gaps are equivalent or better vs the Mustang's.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 07:10 AM   #17
Infamus

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
same here I like it and I like the Recaros in my 1LE are better than the ones in my MB GTS. Yes the MB has better leather and a shitload of carbon fiber trim but it was also not free either and guess what its not any more functional than my 1LE.

I test drove a GT350 before making up my mind and the interior of that car was no different than the 1LE so I'm not sure what Mustang these guys were in.
Infamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 08:36 AM   #18
Uncle Sam

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE Hyper Blue
Fun to Drive (out of 25): 23 Camaro 19 Mustang

23 out of 25 - that is why our car is so good.
Uncle Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 09:02 AM   #19
b4z

Drives: '06 Pontiac GTO M6, '19 F150 2.7TT
I’m not sure why these pics are turned 90 degrees. They are correct on my phone. The Camaro interior is cramped but the mustang interior looks and feels cheap to me. I also own a 2019 f150 and s 2018 Tahoe and the Tahoe’s interior is noticeably nicer and with more soft touch points than the ford.
b4z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 10:26 AM   #20
SamReidland

Drives: 17 Black 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yendor View Post
Oh, I agree, I'm just tired of every article saying it and beating it into every potential buyer's head. I've had people tell me that they heard it is hard to see out of so they won't even consider it.
I drove a 5th gen for 6 years and my 6th gen for 2, the visibility is terrible. You get used to it and it isn't a huge issue, but It is bad enough that any "review" would be remiss for leaving out that fact. Drive a Tesla model 3 and see just how bad the view is in a Camaro.

What isn't as bad as the articles indicate is the interior. Other than a few cheap materials, I really like the design and functionality of it. And when you replace some of the pieces with the micro-fiber parts, it gets better. Drive a Tesla model 3 and see how good our interiors are.
SamReidland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 11:57 AM   #21
19SW1LE

Drives: 2018 LT 1LE
As a former mustang owner, I can say that both interior are real good compared to their previous generations. I've grown to like the Camaro design a bit better, clean, and sporty. Functionality wise, its non existent. Center console, barely useable, door storage, barely useable and try to retrive something out of there while your doors are closed, impossible. Windows, door locks switch placement, really? I get carpal tunnel every time I open/close the windows. Lol.
Now in terms of chassis engineering, choice/use of better materials, and standard equipment, Camaro has a big advantage.

Last edited by 19SW1LE; 06-18-2019 at 02:05 PM.
19SW1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 01:50 PM   #22
Matos1LE

Drives: SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FH212 View Post
Am I the only one that has no problem with the Camaro interior? The only thing I think looks cheap is the top of the dash. Other than that its pretty damn good?!! All the magazines HATE the interior but love the Mustang's? I see it completely the other way....
Nope, reviewers are just full of it. I remember Matt Farah poking the dash in a 1LE on a One Take and complaining about cheap plastic. I've had my car since 2017 and never once thought to touch the top of the dash. People are just looking for stupid stuff to complain about. My favorite idiotic complaint is "the screen leans forward!" It doesn't obstruct your view in any way shape or form and 99.9% of the time, I don't notice...till I see another idiotic review. The Mustang interior is Tonka Truck trash.
Matos1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 12:41 AM   #23
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FH212 View Post
Am I the only one that has no problem with the Camaro interior? The only thing I think looks cheap is the top of the dash. Other than that its pretty damn good?!! All the magazines HATE the interior but love the Mustang's? I see it completely the other way....
I came out of a BMW. People and car reviewers seem to think that german cars are CNCed out of one huge chunk of aluminum and then inlaid with diamonds and goat leather. Although when you get up to 100K or so you get a damn nice interior, in any car, CTS-V or M5, there aren't these huge differences at the levels we are at. I can see knocking a 1SS a bit, but the ergonomics and features of my 2SS are much closer to my BMW than dissimilar and some things are hands down better. As far as plastic, if you are looking at dashes and other places, there are miles of plastic in both cars. There are also nice trims on the doors, center console, etc., on both cars. Nothing is really different here. Everyone raves that you have to get "the sport seats" in the BMW 3/4 series, and I had to laugh a bit at these. Great seats? No, not even close to the support of these taller and more wrap-around recaros. Better than the stock BMW seats? Sure, I guess. About the only thing I don't like in the camaro interior are the "gauge humps", there's just no good reason for them. Otherwise, there just aren't these miles of differences in the interior. I have a 2SS and it's rather well appointed. One thing that was annoying with the BMW is they hadn't figured out how to make sill-less doors that didn't creak. The body would flex and the windows would creak against the seals when you went over curbs/entrances. I had a WRX and other cars that didn't have this problem, nor does my Camaro. That was a loud and particularly annoying creak.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 07:42 AM   #24
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyardspecial View Post
I love my camaro interior that was one of my favorite parts of the car! I rented a 19 5.0 premium and it had rattles at 1k miles.
I had the same experience but to be fair to the Mustang it was a convertible. I haven't been in a Camaro 'Vert to compare.
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 08:55 AM   #25
PNW1LE

Drives: 2018 ss 1le
I can understand knocking the interior to an extent, yeah the visibility isn't great, but I test drove a Mustang first and the difference, to me, is negligible, and maybe it's just opinion but I think the interior design in the mustang is god awful. Coming out of a f30 335i the interior in the Camaro feels better put together, while maybe marginally less "luxurious" at least it doesn't rattle.
PNW1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 04:43 PM   #26
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
The only real cheap thing I noticed in the interior of my 1SS were the plastic knee bolsters, but that was an easy fix.
Old 06-19-2019, 05:26 PM   #27
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
I know they mentioned the lack of coolers in the past but seems like very few publications mention that the Camaro actually has a track warranty.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 07:47 PM   #28
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
I came out of a BMW. People and car reviewers seem to think that german cars are CNCed out of one huge chunk of aluminum and then inlaid with diamonds and goat leather. Although when you get up to 100K or so you get a damn nice interior, in any car, CTS-V or M5, there aren't these huge differences at the levels we are at. I can see knocking a 1SS a bit, but the ergonomics and features of my 2SS are much closer to my BMW than dissimilar and some things are hands down better. As far as plastic, if you are looking at dashes and other places, there are miles of plastic in both cars. There are also nice trims on the doors, center console, etc., on both cars. Nothing is really different here. Everyone raves that you have to get "the sport seats" in the BMW 3/4 series, and I had to laugh a bit at these. Great seats? No, not even close to the support of these taller and more wrap-around recaros. Better than the stock BMW seats? Sure, I guess. About the only thing I don't like in the camaro interior are the "gauge humps", there's just no good reason for them. Otherwise, there just aren't these miles of differences in the interior. I have a 2SS and it's rather well appointed. One thing that was annoying with the BMW is they hadn't figured out how to make sill-less doors that didn't creak. The body would flex and the windows would creak against the seals when you went over curbs/entrances. I had a WRX and other cars that didn't have this problem, nor does my Camaro. That was a loud and particularly annoying creak.
We are in total agreement on the M comments. I think we posted almost the same things, lol.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote