Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 04-28-2013, 04:51 AM   #29
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Non smoker here, but I'd like an ashtray to put change in, one that closes up for racing. I did pay for the Onstar after my trial period. One reason, to keep me from literally crying the day I walk outside and my car isn't there. First call to Onstar, second call to Steve the cop, buddy of mine and Camaro enthusiast. No skip shift, but it's not that bad either on a ZL1 or because of how I drive. No middle lock button. I do like the XM enough to pay for it. I'd be pissed if I had hill assist.

I mean other than being heavy I really like how my car is set up. Just that I wish Recaros had been available in 2012. Oh, and ZL1's need fender flares like the Z/28 will have, my paint is shredded, so yeah, with those gills and the wide hips on ole bertha, GM could have put a decent coat of paint on it to keep it from having 1000's of chips per side.

I don't know what it looks like without back seats, I'm going to find out, but an official carpeted rear seat delete option would be awesome. Love my steering wheel controls and the micro fiber on the wheel, but hate the center, wish it was retro like the 2010's. Bigger sun visors for sure.

That's about my take on not really answering the question, I find the car to almost be perfect considering the middle lock button and 4 gauge cluster that I don't use any of don't bother me because I don't look down while I'm driving. For that matter with the HUD, all the gauges could go away, I don't look at them, just the fuel mileage countdown and tire pressure is usually it, maybe oil life.
2012-1822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:44 AM   #30
MYDLIFECRISIS

Drives: '12SS/2SS/45TH-'06 2500HD/Silverado
I just wish OnStar was an option. I don't ever use and never will.

It is an option...just don't pay for it!

MYDLIFECRISIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:38 PM   #31
Chuckster

Drives: 2012 2LT Convertible
My 2LT came with Homelink and backup camera. I hope to never buy another car that doesn't have these options. I find the sun visors useful on occasion but do wish they were larger. I avoided the RS package because I wanted all tires the same size so they could be rotated. How long does a Pirelli tire last that doesn't get a rotation? The center door lock was the only door lock originally. I think when they added the arm rest door locks they just didn't remove the center one, for what ever reason. I've also become a huge fan of heated seats. Funny I used to think that this was a stupid option on any car.

Chuckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:24 PM   #32
Jrichards73

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Victory Red
Haters, my car came with a lot of haters.... can I get less haters?

Updates: BTR Stage 2 VVT Cam Kit w/Smith Brothers Trunnions, Fluidampr, RX catch can, B&M Trans pan mod, Kooks Black Headers, Borla S-tunes, Eibach Multi-Pro-R2 coilovers and Swaybars, BMR Full Bushing kit with Toe and Trailing arms, RB Rotors w/EBC Pads, GForce 1400 Axles (now on order). AVH-X5800BHS in Scosche GM5201AB.
Jrichards73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:04 PM   #33
mr02Z/28

Drives: 2002 Z/28,1968 Chevelle convert.
I love my '13 2LT !!!!!!!
mr02Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:31 AM   #34
nsane

Drives: 2013 Camaro zl1
I love the looks of the 4-pack guages, but I rarely look at them. I have a 2011 2SS/RS and I like the simplicity of the stereo.

The can't really think of one thing I would rather not have. Chevy hit a home run on these cars!
Old 05-09-2013, 10:36 AM   #35
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
I received a few surveys in the mail after I bought my car...and I noticed something peculiar...in a day in age when we're adding feature after feature to the cars (which can add weight and cost)...they only ever asked for what features I had, or what else I wanted on the car.

Never what I didn't want.

What about you?
I actively do not want anything that is operated via a touch screen or menu. In any car. Don't even want the screen as I have no use for it.

Really, really don't want Hill Assist. I'd even pay extra to be able to turn it off by default as can be done in Fords and Dodges.

No use here for Mylink or any other method of phone integration or connectivity, Sirius, OnStar, or daytime running lights.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote