Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-30-2013, 05:27 PM   #15
VR Code R6P

Drives: 2011 Race Red GT500 w/ SVT Perf Pkg
Better yet, just offer the car with a large variation of power, transmission, suspension, and other goodies FROM THE FACTORY, and vary the price and warranty to match.

Then no one has to go through the hassle of the mod installation, wasted take-off parts, and MY biggest fear, making changes that are improperly or poorly done. It should just be simpler. You want more power...boom, different axle ratio... boom, etc. etc.

Chevrolet knows how to make it run!

Like Nike. Just Do It.
VR Code R6P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:01 PM   #16
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Code R6P View Post
Better yet, just offer the car with a large variation of power, transmission, suspension, and other goodies FROM THE FACTORY, and vary the price and warranty to match.

Then no one has to go through the hassle of the mod installation, wasted take-off parts, and MY biggest fear, making changes that are improperly or poorly done. It should just be simpler. You want more power...boom, different axle ratio... boom, etc. etc.

Chevrolet knows how to make it run!

Like Nike. Just Do It.
I know GM would probably love to do this, but each modification from the factory requires emissions and other testing, requiring lots of expense and potentially hurting GM's standing with CAFE and other federal regulations. By offering them as aftermarket, we can consider these options just like we consider any other options, except GMPP would come from our trusted Chevrolet parts dealer.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:52 PM   #17
68vert

Drives: 2010 SIM SS/RS, 1968 RS convertible
I spent $$$ on CAI, LT headers, HF cats, axle back, 3.73 gears, trailing arms, springs, new shifter...etc. I would love to have purchased these through GM. 100% support this.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:33 PM   #18
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
The latest GMPP catalog has some interesting parts in it... they just need to make it so they won't void your warranty if installed by the dealer. Supposedly the suspension parts are G2G for the warranty but don't break a seal on the engine or change the tune.

I was all ready to add the Cam and Headers from GMPP until they said it would void my warranty. I'll most likely do the brake upgrade on the 1LE and give the car a 1 year shake down and crack the motor. Out of the shoot she will get a CAI. and a ported TB and maybe one or two other "safe" mods. I'll be acehing to do some LT's and the cam and headers though. There is a good chance I will go to aftermarket parts when that happens.

They should offer intakes, headers mid length and Long tubes, cams and heads, all with sanctioned tunes.

I would love to add $5K-$10K in performance goodies to my 1LE order that I will make in a couple of weeks.
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:43 AM   #19
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Blur....I agree with you so much and am very glad you posted this!

It just makes so much sense, and you are right about offering this stuff as DEALER installed options instead of from the factory, as offering this stuff from the factory would add to much cost to the bottom line.

Off the top of my head, the main reason I see GM not going along is because of increased warranty services....more cost on them, so I could see something like this happening:

For basic mods like air intakes, headers, exhaust, gears and what not offer those up and a tune just like The Blur has stated. For those extensive mods like Forced Induction, or cams I can see GM asking for another X amount of dollars to keep your warranty which would offset any additional costs.

Oh, and yes don't forget us V6 guys, we want intakes, exhaust, headers or highflow cats as well!
Old 01-31-2013, 11:08 AM   #20

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
All this would be nice and all...but I'm having a little trouble seeing how dealer parts and installs could be warrantied....Most of them seem like deal-killers now for warranty, not to mention what the effect would be on emissions tests for registration in the future...dunno...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:18 AM   #21
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Blur....I agree with you so much and am very glad you posted this!

It just makes so much sense, and you are right about offering this stuff as DEALER installed options instead of from the factory, as offering this stuff from the factory would add to much cost to the bottom line.

Off the top of my head, the main reason I see GM not going along is because of increased warranty services....more cost on them, so I could see something like this happening:

For basic mods like air intakes, headers, exhaust, gears and what not offer those up and a tune just like The Blur has stated. For those extensive mods like Forced Induction, or cams I can see GM asking for another X amount of dollars to keep your warranty which would offset any additional costs.

Oh, and yes don't forget us V6 guys, we want intakes, exhaust, headers or highflow cats as well!
I'm glad you brought this up. This is a great opportunity for GM Financing and the dealership finance department. GM could offer aftermarket warranty options specifically for those who go this route. You could opt for a warranty on your forced induction package at a nominal fee and even qualify for financing at the dealership.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gm performance parts, gmpp, warranty