Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-13-2013, 09:07 AM   #15
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Consolo View Post
Hopefully the picture worked Dean it is for a v8 track pack says off road use only. Or what do you guys recommend for a 2013 2Ls to make it sound mean.
A few things, first I am not sure that would fit since it is for the V8 but it might. Second, GM parts are way overpriced. There is a exhaust thread with sound clips that you may want to check out. JMO but I love my MRT V2.0 axle-backs for half the price of the GM performance exhaust. I have added the Solo HFC's for even a more aggressive sound. Below is a clip of mine. Done with an SLR using HD movie mode but it only has mono sound. It was windy that day(over 25 MPH winds), first part is idling and some revving, second part is an economy acceleration to 60, and the last part is a window down 2/3 throttle take off. Below first clip is 2 clips from Morano Racing. The one that Screamin' does is pretty close to what you are going to hear cruising. Mine is a tad louder with the Solo HFC's on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=K8INHKdF5Go

Dean.
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:20 AM   #16
mrchen

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS V6, 2013 Camaro 2LS
sycraft, thats the baddest ass sounding V6 Ive heard, bravo!
Old 04-13-2013, 09:20 AM   #17
Consolo
Street works

Drives: 2013 camaro 2ls
Thanks dean for the help and one last question for you did you install your oracles yourself or have someone do it?
Consolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:29 AM   #18
skibik

Quote:
Thanks dean for the help and one last question for you did you install your oracles yourself or have someone do it?

I have only installed the bulbs in the interior and the trunk. I have not installed the strip lighting in the foot well area yet. I will probably do it myself if it ever warms up here. There is a thread on how to DIY and I will attempt it. I am in an area where I am limited on resources for people that do specialty things like this so pretty much have to do it myself or drive to a larger city. If you are only doing bulbs there are way cheaper alternatives than Oracle. Do an internet search on LED bulbs you should be able to find the same thing in bulbs a lot cheaper. Here is the thread on how to do it.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70442

Dean.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:30 AM   #19
Consolo
Street works

Drives: 2013 camaro 2ls
Ok thanks Dean you are tons of help!
Consolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:35 AM   #20
skibik

Quote:
Ok thanks Dean you are tons of help!

You are Welcome! Glad to be of service.

Dean.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:40 AM   #21
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
Ever consider SOLO, I have their HFC and full exhaust, sounds great, no drone, quiet when cruising and opens up like a ferrari on steroids when pushed hard...

Gotta love this setup ! I have the same on my vert